Hoppah

[HOLD] New York City Modification v2.0

Will the mod use the current vehicle spawn system? (like it is in the released NY mod, can't describe it better) there were the moments when I needed like all 47 units on scene, but the spawn system allowed me to get two marked and some unmarked...

Any chance of getting police barriers and traffic cones, like LA mod has? Any fatal car crash gets better when surrounded nicely with cones and flares. 

No, the spawn system is new and will ristrict the amount of vehicles you can dispatch. You won't have the funds to dispatch any vehicle you want anyway. Certain vehicles must be unlocked, some are limited to 3 or 4 vehicles (like police vehicles and ambulances) and others are unique (most fire apparatus) and can be bought only once.

Will this require mod installer I believe the first version did and Looking good fine work as always keep to up!

I'd say it will. We're not quite at that point yet, but it's a lot smaller to use that, so we'll probably see that this time around again

Glad to hear that everyone's input about the ambulances was useful. I'm sure the finished product is going to be outstanding

Newfoundking's snippy responses are quickly becoming my favorite part of this topic. lol

It's gonna be outstanding. Look at the team, we're amazing, of course anything we make will be amazing. You can thank me now. And then, and actually, you didn't thank me in the last post, I'm disappointed 

I'd say it will. We're not quite at that point yet, but it's a lot smaller to use that, so we'll probably see that this time around again

It's gonna be outstanding. Look at the team, we're amazing, of course anything we make will be amazing. You can thank me now. And then, and actually, you didn't thank me in the last post, I'm disappointed 

Im hoping you guys will make so you dont need it iv tried to played the other one but my game does not have the mod installer :blush:

Are you guys going to include an undercover taxi like they have in the NYPD or a Ford Explorer for the highway patrol       Heres a link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNNdCe2f3fE

During our mod period, I could never find a ford explorer for the highway units, the only thing they had that would be applicable would be a tahoe/suburban for our time period.

The Taxis are part of the NY Taxi and Limo Commission, their primary role is to enforce taxis and limos for compliance in regards to their respective roles within the city (IE not having your medallion clearly displayed, having a customer with the meter off, not having the lights on the cab, equipment violations, etc.)  The unmarked cabs arent really meant for regular enforcement duties, but specialized to handle for-hire vehicles within the city.  (quite clever when you think about it, who'd ever think that a fellow cab was out to get them if they were unaware it was a police car).

http://www.policecarwebsite.net/fc/ny/nypd/nypdcars.html try that it may help you a bit

and for highway patrol

http://www.policecarwebsite.net/fc/ny/nypd/nypd202.html

it may also help as its got lot off photos

Love what your doing, taking US Army mod scripts and putting it in a qoute firefighter mod unqoute can't wait for it sounds like a blast! Everyone keep up the great work!

Well, it isnt the US army mod script, it's a brand new script specifically designed to make an emergency services experience, as opposed to the Army mod script which was pure military in it's function (it inspired doing this to the NY mod, but could not be used to "base" off of, unfortunately). 

The Taxis are part of the NY Taxi and Limo Commission, their primary role is to enforce taxis and limos for compliance in regards to their respective roles within the city (IE not having your medallion clearly displayed, having a customer with the meter off, not having the lights on the cab, equipment violations, etc.)  The unmarked cabs arent really meant for regular enforcement duties, but specialized to handle for-hire vehicles within the city.  (quite clever when you think about it, who'd ever think that a fellow cab was out to get them if they were unaware it was a police car).

Not entirely accurate. While TLC enforcement does mostly utilize unmarked patrol vehicles the vast majority (if not all) unmarked RMPs painted as NYC cabs actually belong to NYPD and are used as regular unmarked police vehicles. These RMPs are assigned to NYPD precincts and are used by both uniformed and plainclothes officers. They often perform routine patrols, respond to calls, conduct vehicle stops.

I think the confusion is coming from the fact that in NYC there are a few different types of taxis. This is a tightly regulated city and the only authorized taxis which can pick up passengers on the streets are the uniformly marked yellow (or green, but that's a different story) cabs. These are the ones which NYPD has a few imitations of and what most people think of when they hear about cops using undercover taxis. These are the only taxis authorized to pick up 'street hails' and cruise around looking for passengers. Much more present, especially outside Manhattan, are car services. These cars have numeric license plates (Starting with the letter T and ending with C) and need some required ID/equipment inside, but otherwise are just regular cars with whatever markings the owner sees fit. These cars can only pick up people who have called up and arranged for pick-up. Violations of rules like that are what TLC mostly enforces. As such, I've seen that they do have some unmarked RMPs with the TC plates on them, but other than that no deceptive markings.

I don't imagine that RMPs painted as yellow NYC cabs would make much sense for TLC either as the yellow cabs, operating with an expensive license (medallion) sometimes costing more than a millions dollars to obtain, aren't subject to the restrictions of typical car services and as such wouldn't be seen engaging in some of the sneaky tactics that the car services do.

Thank you for the information, I'm not sure if it's accurate though, from what I was told previously by others those cabs are used mostly for TLC enforcement duties.. Without a cited source I'm not really sure what to do with your information, as others from the NY area have stated otherwise just as well.  Such is the problem with information, it's only valid if verified =/ and I'm not sure which one is valid and which one is mis-informed at this point.

Obviously, there are different types of services, there are the standard "yellow" cabs that most people associate with nyc, then there are limos, and lastly (but probably the most common) are the for-hire sedan services.. In most cities these vehicles operate outside of the normal "taxi" limitations because of how they operate they work around the loopholes within the "for-hire" system, mostly in that they cannot pick up by being "hailed" on the street.  

My guess is that you've got limited experience with "for-hire" services, some of the most prevalent violators of operation conditions are those which have a "monopoly" of sorts on their areas of operation, when they are given exclusive operation licenses over an area they tend to be more prone to overcharging on fares, tampering with the meters, etc. (this especially happens with taxis that have exclusive rights to airport pick-up)  Add in the caveat that yes the medallion does cost upwards of 1 mill to obtain one would think that they would be less prone to violation, however, most operators of the cabs (actual drivers) "lease" the cabs from the primary owner which obtained/holds the license for the operation of the vehicle.  As such you have some quality control issues when it comes to proper operation of the vehicles since they are in essence renting the cab from the proper owner, this practice occurs in many places where the owner of the cab will take a % in exchange for permitting the driver the ability to operate the cab for profit. 

TLC enforcement duties fall under the jurisdiction of a completely different agency. TLC maintains it's own force of inspectors who are responsible for dealing with rules specific to NYC's taxis and for-hire cars. While NYPD can of course enforce these rules too it's generally a task deferred to the aforementioned agency. There's a reason why NYC has more law enforcement agencies operating within it than any other city in the US. There are a hell of a lot of specialized departments with specialized tasks. NYPD is just the largest and performs the general law enforcement functions.

That said, the various videos and photos you can find online of uniformed NYPD officers driving patrol cars painted like taxis, clearly, aren't TLC inspectors. Additionally TLC inspectors don't carry a firearm, so in anything you see where the plainclothes officer coming out of a spiffy cop-taxi has a weapon on their hip you can reasonably assume it's NYPD. As TLC has such a small force and this is a pretty niche subject the best way to verify what I'm telling you may just be to google around.

Rules regarding taxi in NYC are a bit different from most of the country. They don't get exclusive operation rights to areas or the authority to set rates. A company which purchases a medallion from TLC must outfit their specifically authorized vehicle to the TLC's regulations regarding specific equipment from decals to dividers, computers, meters, etc. The rates are set by the city through TLC so that every company has to charge the same price. Companies or individual operators messing with the meter really isn't an issue these days. Not only does the threat of a medallion being revoked create a huge deterrent like you mentioned, but the systems are now very sophisticated. The meter is intigrated with all sorts of silliness from an onboard TV, automated messages from TLC, credit card system, etc. Chances are the dude driving the cab would have no idea how to alter the meter without screwing up everything else. Besides, here are also routine inspections for these vehicles. In all seriousness the yellow cabs really aren't a big problem in NYC.

The livery car-services are an entirely different animal. Licensing is cheaper and the extent of required equipment doesn't go beyond an amber duress light positioned on the back of the car, hardware to display the operator's license and a poster from the TLC on the back of the driver's seat. These for hire cars don't have metered fares, but rather the cost of the trip will (or at least is supposed to be) agreed upon before the trip. It's mostly these numerous black towncars zipping around which TLC enforcement ends up addressing.

Best way to describe it, is that the New York Mod script is a much much more advanced version.

Well, it isnt the US army mod script, it's a brand new script specifically designed to make an emergency services experience, as opposed to the Army mod script which was pure military in it's function (it inspired doing this to the NY mod, but could not be used to "base" off of, unfortunately).

Well very nice to hear always thought US Army mod was elite but cant wait for you to break your record modding wise.