Hoppah

[HOLD] New York City Modification v2.0

Because your own account apparently doesnt like you, several of us have tested it, looked at it to re-verify that there is nothing restricting you, and there is nothing... So, the problem has to be on your end, as to what in the world can cause that particular issue I have no clue, but we've all tested your account and have found no issues with the account it's self, it has to be something on your end... With no error given what so ever, it could simply be a connection issue that you're experiencing.  There should be an error given if there is a problem from the forum's end, and from my experience whenever I've broken something or done something it doesnt want me to, it kindly tells me with an obnoxious error code.

I have no idea. Either way, the issue is on your end. Three separate staff members have tested it on several separate computers, and occasions. It's not us, it must be you. I don't know what else to tell ya. 

Either way, back to the topic at hand please. Any website issues can be reported in support or by PM. 

As of our last testing it was similar in requirements to the original released version of this mod, or the final standard release of the LA mod.  As with any mod the original minimum requirements of the standard game are a bit low to expect perfect performance, but it is nowhere near as demanding as things like the Manhattan mod.

If you can run the LA mod, this mod should be no trouble to run. All models in there are optimized to be the smallest size while still looking good, each script to prevent lag, and the experience itself is optimized for this mod, which means there will be a good bit less problems experienced than with port mods, like the Manhattan mod. 

So long as you have a somewhat modern computer, you shouldn't worry about running this

Don't worry, maxing the RAM is my job.

That'd be it too, within the default mod that we're making the goal is to keep it available to as many users as possible, that means we've taken our best efforts to keep performance in the forefront of our process, rather than go all-out for ultra-HD visuals that'd be only available to maybe 5% of the users... We're trying to make sure everyone (within reason) can have a positive experience performance wise with this mod, it's up to people like EM there to wreck that experience with the overzealous lighting after the fact =)

Actually, most the cities I've been to have them stationed along with the fire apparatus, (usually an engine).  For a good deal of american cities the standard response involves a fire engine and ambulance for medical responses, most cities do not "station" ambulances at hospitals, as there simply isnt enough space available to have them sit parked until needed.  Most major hospitals service large communities, generally including not only major metro areas, but the outlying communities as well (think counties).  All these agencies have their own emergency vehicles, and as such will require the ability to off-load their patients as well, it is not uncommon to find EMS hospital bays overflowing with ambulances from varying services (private transport, city municipal ambulances, county municipal ambulances, and private facility transport ambulances).  So it is more common to find the ambulances within the actual fire departments alongside the fire apparatus.

NYC, however does things a bit differently, for the most part their apparatus for EMS is kept within their own stations, some of which are located at/near the hospitals, but most tend to be in what appear to be old fire stations that have been converted to EMS stations.  As to whether or not we will relocate them to their own station, I honestly don't know at this time, It's a matter of the effort vs reward to justify creating another station (stations means less space for activities to take place, missions and things like that).  If every agency available in the mod were given their corresponding stations, the map would be quite boring fast because there wouldnt be much left to play with outside of all the stations/agencies represented on the map physically with a brick-and-mortar on the ground.  The problem with most of the EMS stations are their size, they arent exactly small facilities and unfortunately most of them have excessive spacing around them to stow all of the EMS vehicles there.  I honestly am not sure if it's worth the loss of space to have the ambulances parked on the map in/at a station considering all the other stations presently on the map.

Fair enough answer... Thanks :)

In British Columbia Medical Service runs with their own stations averaging roughly about three units per station... I only know of one station to date that is connected to a Fire hall and I believe that was coming to a close last I heard.

I can understand the events/space ratio that is a problem, if only we could just make the map that little bit bigger so that way we can put everything we want on it right ;)

Again thanks!

Some areas do have their own stations for EMS, but in most regions the fire/ems get called out to the same responses so they put them into the same place (in alotta american regions Firefighters make up the EMT forces as well so it kind of makes sense) so that they can just simply respond together as one unit instead of responding separately to medical responses. Sometimes they still end up split up (the ambo will go to a hospital while the engine returns to it's station) so their response suffers in those situations, but the intent of keeping them together is to have everything arrive on-scene that is required for the call.  NYC I'm guessing because of the density and traffic issues has their EMS separate in their own stations, outside of that I am not exactly sure of the intricacies of how the NYC emt services work, whether they sit at hospitals to wait for calls, patrol in a sense, I'm simply not informed well enough to know about that area.

NYC I'm guessing because of the density and traffic issues has their EMS separate in their own stations, outside of that I am not exactly sure of the intricacies of how the NYC emt services work, whether they sit at hospitals to wait for calls, patrol in a sense, I'm simply not informed well enough to know about that area.

There are scattered EMS stations around the city , although they are usually subpar to actual FDNY stations. Majority of ambulances are posted on a street corner and wait around for calls.

I can understand the events/space ratio that is a problem, if only we could just make the map that little bit bigger so that way we can put everything we want on it right ;)

Again thanks!

I wish we could enlarge the map, but unfortunately there really isnt a way to do that, the only potential means would be to scale everything down to a smaller scale than it is by default.  That would create the illusion a map was larger than it currently is.  But That's alotta work to make your map appear larger, but it is a method that could work if you can scale down the persons and their animations as well anyway.

For us we just want to work within the one map and try to fill it with as much variety as possible, as to adding the EMS station, there are a few that look like they were fire houses once upon a time that are relatively small, if I were to pick one to put on the map, one of that type of design would be what I would go with, but as I said right now I'm kind of on the fence about another station on the map.  The other ones more or less remind me of "depots" with large yards for stowing the rigs in it, not unlike a Tow Truck company's lot (imo rather ugly and utilitarian, and the lots themselves take up a good bit of space when taken into account with the building and details).

There are scattered EMS stations around the city , although they are usually subpar to actual FDNY stations. Majority of ambulances are posted on a street corner and wait around for calls.

Thanks for the information, I wasnt sure since EMS isnt something I have any interest in, most the time I don't pay attention to ambulances so I never noticed them just chilling parked in a "standby" state, Makes sense though given the traffic and logistic issues of NYC.  I'm not sure if they are parked at the hospitals, in a good deal of pictures you see them there, but it could be just like the areas I'm more familiar with in that there is just so many calls that they end up stacking up the EMS drop off entryway and end up parked all around it until they can "clear" the call and head back to their stations.  If you can let me know if they actually park there, or if it's just drop-off and all the paperwork that entails before they go back out to either their depots or the corner I'd appreciate it, lets me know what options are viable for their placement on the map.

Without wanting to take this off topic, I would assume EMS in NYC would be just like this country in being incredibly busy? Certainly in the majority of the UK, we don't have time to return to base or standby points. It is simply drop off one pt and then get another job as soon as you press the available button....

I don't know about NY, but the reason you see ambos "sitting" at hospital here, is generally because of delays handing over... I would guess the same applies in NYC.

If you can let me know if they actually park there, or if it's just drop-off and all the paperwork that entails before they go back out to either their depots or the corner I'd appreciate it, lets me know what options are viable for their placement on the map.

From what I know, and managed to look up, the stations ambulances are dispatched from street corners, take patients to the the hospital, and then proceed to back to the street corner or to the station to to restock. From what I get, the FDNY EMS spreads itself out over areas not cover by hospitals that run their own ambulances Ex: St Lukes. That is  why when St. Vincent's closed they needed to get a new ems station to support the westside . Couple things I found:

The proposed facility replaces the staff and ambulance units that were stationed at St. Vincent’s Hospital, which closed in 2010. EMS operates from the subject site using a strategy known as “dynamic deployment.” The ambulance units leave the facility in a non-emergency response capacity, and travel to pre-designated street corner locations, where they wait for emergency calls. When the ambulance is dispatched from the street corner, they pick up the patient and take them to the hospital. From there, the ambulance will either return to its street corner to wait for another call, or return to the EMS facility, where the workers will restock the ambulance. Eight ambulance units operate from this site, with a total of 21 eight-hour tours. 

http://archive.citylaw.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/cpc/2012/7.16.12/120177PCM.pdf

According to FDNY, EMS vehicles typically are dispatched from street corner waiting sites throughout the area they cover, rather than from an EMS location. After delivering a patient to a medical facility they return to the station for cleaning and reprovisioning. It is important to minimize travel time between the station and the waiting sites, and between the area medical facilities and the station, because vehicles are not available for service during these periods. With the closing of St. Vincent’s Hospital, which had provided ambulances as part of the City’s emergency medical response system, in May 2010, all of the EMS stations in Manhattan were located on the eastside. This made the identification of a westside location an acute necessity.

http://www.nysvara.org/news/2012/june/120603b.pdf

FDNY EMS unit location chart:

http://www.uemso.com/pdf/UnitCharts.pdf

^That and I'm pretty sure the ones at their stations aren't in service. My understanding is that the ambulances sitting at their command are ones not being used for the current tour or have stopping by for administrative reasons. Ambulances available for call are usually driving around, or like Miercolini said, parked somewhere (with the EMTs playing on their phones).

Also, that's just the way FDNY's ambulances operate. Many hospitals in NYC operate their own EMS which respond are dispatched the same way as FDNY. These ones almost always can be found steetside parked near their hospitals or patrolling nearby. There's no shortage of private EMS services as well. When in service these guys seem to almost always be on patrol. Some communities in NYC do operate their own volunteer ambulance service, however these are less common. Ambulances and response vehicles belonging to VAS (from what I've seen) typically stay in quarters unless dispatched for a call.

For realism purposes in the mod the best option would probably to have ambulances automatically park in desiganted spots adjacent to the hospital, either on the side of the street or on the sidewalk itself. Most hospitals in NYC have a garage for the ambulance to drop off their patient, but these garages usually can't accomidate more than a few vehicles at once and require the bus be moved once a patient is taken inside.