Hoppah

[HOLD] New York City Modification v2.0

None of the cars are pre-1998 (ish) that were added, the Camry is from 1999, which had a more squared body than the 1990's version ironically. the Mustang is closer to 2005 for it's date, it isnt quite as old as what you guessed, the older ones were again more round than the newer ones (go figure). the Cadillac is an El Dorado Touring Coupe from the 2000 era, the Land Rover is from around about 2000, I think it still looked that way in 1998 though, but I'm not sure about the Discovery's evolution. In america they call the Isuzu canter an NPR, but i think they are in essence the same vehicle.  The one you are confusing with the Nissan Sentra is probably the Pontiac Grand Prix. A few of the trucks are older style chassis, but it is very common in the US for trucks to persist for over 10-15 years before they get replaced, in custom chassis configurations some go even older than that.

All of the emergency vehicles added have some type of function associated with them, both Fire and Police wise.  Some are redundant to currently available vehicles, but most have some new function/feature they can do that other vehicles cannot (for the larger trucks).  Everything we added into this version we tried to give some special trait that would make you have a reason/necessity to pull it out, aside from just being eye-candy to look at.

As far as making a traffic car pack together I'll talk to you in PM about that for a later date perhaps.. Drop me a PM and we can discuss that for later.

Sent you a PM already. Thanks for the in depth reply.

NFK would be correct that this model is a different model than the one you've found/used.  The one in this mod was built specifically for it and is currently used nowhere else, the animations are specific for this ones rotor set, it would not with a different rotor set.

Although they may look the same, no two models are EVER the same. If I make something, you cannot ever make the same thing as me. You can make a similar one, but the probability of you making one exactly the same would be about 1 in 17 trillion. (million billion, yep that big) and the more complex a model, like a helo, the lower the chances. Mike's animations won't work on your model. 

All vehicles are custom built for this mod, so you may have similar looking ones elsewhere, but they are not the ones in this mod

I love the realistic feel to all these vehicles! Right down to the DSNY trucks and channel 7's news van- this is absolutely incredible. Looking at the NYPD vehicles I noticed the barrier truck which is going to be a great touch for sure. Really excited to see DSU's LRAD HMMWV as well!

The only thing I noticed was that the map seems to include tunnels and bridges. Generally speaking it's not the NYPD who handles emergencies related to bridges/tunnels but rather TBTA or PAPD officers. While NYPD handles general law enforcement citywide there are dozens of other in NYC including the Sheriffs, MTA, TLC, PEP, DEP, Homeless, Hospitals, etc. While including any of these agencies would be a little redundant (as the same functions are of course performed by the NYPD) it could contribute a little to the authentic feel of New York.

Generally speaking, there are a tons of things we can add to increase the visual representation of real NYC. That doesn't just apply to policevehicles only. While the visual destinction between different police forces is perhaps nice to have, it serves no purpose to add them. There are already many different police vehicles in the mod anyway.

The Army mod is a different beast than this one is, they don't quite work the same.  The progressive gameplay in this one permits you to "unlock" equipment as you go along, some of which unlock new missions to go along with the varying equipment added to your disposal.  The main purpose of the "unlockable" content is to put forth more advanced gameplay as you progress within the mod, as opposed to just having it all there from the get-go in a sandbox style of format.

How did I not see this earlier?!?!?!!? My goodness, this looks AMAZING!

The NYC mod v1.3 is one of my favorite mods for EM4 of all time, so this makes me SOO happy to see there will be a V2. :D

Best of luck, and BOY will I by watching this one.

Generally speaking, there are a tons of things we can add to increase the visual representation of real NYC. That doesn't just apply to policevehicles only. While the visual destinction between different police forces is perhaps nice to have, it serves no purpose to add them. There are already many different police vehicles in the mod anyway.

Fair enough. I was sort of thinking of the way LAWA police and port police were included as astedics of the LA mod. NYC actually has more law enforcement agencies operating within it than any other city in the United States, though the NYPD of course is the dominant force.

Regardless, the attention given to other aspects of the mod already seem to make this a very accurate represention of the city. Very excited to see the finished product. Awesome stuff!

I can't speak for Mikey, but last time we talked about it, we're not looking to give you a trillion vehicles to choose from, but enough so that it feels like New York. And you're right to say that there are a lot of agencies in New York, but realistically, you need to look at functions in the game versus time to create. If the Tunnel and bridge police handle that area, is it really worth it, since  there's about 3, SMALL areas where they could function? That's how we've been choosing. There's a good few vehicles in there for looks, of course, BUT not every vehicle could be included for the sole reason that we don't want a jumbo mod either

No Tiller in mod. 0/10 Would not play.

Then you won't be playing it, does not hurt our feelings sorry to break it to you.  The tiller mechanics as they currently work simply put, Don't work at all.  Placement to actually use the tiller as it is intended to work (to get into buildings) is extremely problematic, the trailer which is a tiller has absolutely no physics and handles only from the cab, these issues make it unrealistic and more problematic than it is worth.   I'll make a deal with you, make a proper functioning tiller that not only deploys correctly to permit proper entry into upper levels every time, as well as acts with proper physics and behaves like a true tiller and it will be added.. Short of that, feel free to spite yourself and not play the mod because of a vehicle that does not work correctly not being present.  lol... 

I have a couple questions regarding the pictures on page 2...

1. On the first picture (top row far left) that is a NYPD flatbed with steps and yellow cargo with a black tarp, I must wondering what this truck was used for.
  2. In the third picture (second picture from the right on the top right) The Satellite (the truck behind the NYFD Step Van) I'm just wondering if the Satellite will be fully functional?

thanks,

1). That truck belongs to the NYPD ESS Bomb Squad, it is a Bomb Disposal Vehicle, it is used to put devices in to detonate them rather than attempt to disarm them.  It is functional.

2). The Satellite truck is fully functional as we understood it's purpose anyway.  I'm not totally 100% as to what they are used for outside of high-rise water cannons. Their main ability to to use an oversize cannon and hoses to push alotta water onto a targeted fire.

MikeyPI,

The Satellites were designed as part of the Super Pumper System (as it was billed a fireboat on land) back when it was first built in the 1960s. Back when FDNY had large fires (large warehouses, etc. ) regularly & they need put lot of water on the fire & the original 3 satellites were designed to be portable monitor (4000 gpm) & Hose Tenders. the Super Pumper is one of the coolest Fire Apparatus ever built.