marcoclusius1

Hartsdale Valley mod &on hold, first post more info$

What light options do YOU guys wanna see in the mod  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Chaos pattern?

2. 2. Wig Wag pattern?

3. 3. Strobe Pattern?

so guys, the team is very bussy, most of the time working on school things, my motto for this team is: school and privat goes first, always, on the last place comes modding!!, if you cant deal with it... cause i know some men cant, that is ashame!, the mod is a SLOW W.I.P. so yeah, it wont be out in a few days ;)

so guys, the team is very bussy, most of the time working on school things, my motto for this team is: school and privat goes first, always, on the last place comes modding!!, if you cant deal with it... cause i know some men cant, that is ashame!, the mod is a SLOW W.I.P. so yeah, it wont be out in a few days ;)

Definitely private life/school/work/family etc come before modding. Especially with EM4. But this mod is looking good so far, only question is. What does the chaos light pattern look like? I've never heard of it before.

so yeah guys, the mod has set on hold, this because my pc has crashed once again, all files are lost...

I will try to fix it ASAP

No offense or anything but this is the second mod of nypdofficerxx to have been lost in a hard disk failure. I figure he or you would've learned to back your files up after the first time it happened. Its inexcusable now that this happened again.

To all mod makers: Please back your content up!

No offense or anything but this is the second mod of nypdofficerxx to have been lost in a hard disk failure. I figure he or you would've learned to back your files up after the first time it happened. Its inexcusable now that this happened again.

I think these "drive failures" are more so just excuses. They run out of talent or everyone quits and so they need an excuse. Pretty common around here.

Well, tbh I've lost a drive before suddenly it does happen, though the "total loss" rate on this forum seems unusually high compared to the general population.  Backups help some but I've had the backups fail as well because of data loss in transfers, the drive disconnected mid-transfer, etc.. A single backup doesnt protect ya 100%.

I think these "drive failures" are more so just excuses. They run out of talent or everyone quits and so they need an excuse. Pretty common around here.

Perhaps aliens abducted the mod off the hard-drive then crashed it to hide the crime?  Speculation is a pretty easy route to go.  Though to be honest one does have to question why in a mod with a "team" of two members, how there isnt at least an out-of-date copy in the other author's possession.  My experience working with others is that while we all may not have the exact same most current version of the mod, we do at least have one that may be a little behind, and having to redo some of the mod vs the whole thing is alot easier pill to swallow.  Either way the speculation can cease from here on in and hopefully the authors will find a way to recover their data, like I said perhaps try the 2nd member of your team for their version.... Would be rather strange to have a team working on a mod but only one to have custody of the mod alone.

well, my pc sucks, i have windows 8, and an home made pc. so yeah. it happens a lot, and if you think im saying it as an excuse, i take it as an offense. thanks man!

I'm sorry but I had to comment on this one, everyone likes to blame WIN8 for problems, I have windows 8.1 and yes, it takes getting used to, I have had two computers with win8 now and they are perfectly stable and have never failed on me because of the OS it's self.  Within the past year and change the only times anything has gone wrong with them was because of MY actions in doing something stupid to break them myself, and in all 3 instances where that occured the rollback feature of windows 8 has worked perfectly fine to recover the computer without losing my personal data other than the apps that were installed by me.  All data on the hard-disk it's self was unchanged (programs installed, files stored in my documents/downloads, all personal files except for the applications installed) were left alone in the rollbacks.  You can repair your machine without reformatting it in windows 8 quite easily so blaming win8 isnt valid from my experience with it.  

Itchboy is stating a truth of modding that one should have backup copies of their mod, regardless to the stability of their machine, whether or not your hard disk is stable or not one should have a backup medium, even if you're cash-strapped you can pick up a thumb drive extremely cheap at most electronic retailers that has more than enough space on it to store a single mod's files with little issue, even if you spring for a large physical drive like one I just purchased which is a terrabyte it was less than 75 dollars to purchase, but if you are cash strapped there is always the thumb drive option which is much much cheaper (under 15 dollars on average).  That is what he means in the fact you should have a backup of your files, because it is much much less painful to have to recover your backup files that may be a week or two out of date as opposed to starting over.

That reminds me I need to buy an external HDD as I've got 400gb of data on my laptop that I need to backup :s

On topic: It is a shame that so many mods that are started never get finished (my Fairhaven City mod included!) but some reasons are valid such as time constraints with school, work, personal life etc. But blaming an OS for your problems is just being silly. For example ENG51INE the guy who has made the Manchester, Boston & Mayberry mods has a 10 year old laptop that overheats and takes 30+ mins to load mods has had no problems making and releasing 3 high quality mods.

No offence, but its like someone shouting wolf when they say a mod is lost due to the OS or hardware problems because so many people have this "problem". Like Itchboy, Mentor and Mikey have said always make a backup copy of files incase something goes wrong.