JaredGulvas

Waldorf, MD Full Mod

i will definitely be keeping my eye on this, this could be the first full mod for em5

when you have got your internet back on your pc, what modding skills do you have?

Might I ask why you say not to do it? I mean granted yes I don't have much experience but isn't that the point of having a team to assist in making a Mod? yes skinning is pretty much all I know...I have been watching videos and trying to learn how to create 3d objects. I am descent also at creating events. Here was my hopes:

1) Map of Charles County

2) obviously all Charles county units Fire/EMS/Police skins and vehicles made from scratch or at least edited to match almost perfectly.

3) Outside units are all 2nd/3rd/4th Due units.

4) Try and add some unique and different things we havent really seen by brainstorming with fellow members on the site.

Instead of giving me resistance and setting me up to fail, why don't we all band together to make this the best mod yet? lol...I don't see why I/We shouldn't go for it! it's worth a try.

See, here's how this stuff goes, REskinning is the absolute easiest thing in Emergency Mods. What I suggest is you reskin what you can get your hands on, then perhaps look at minor edits model wise. Make it look better for people to want to come on board. Right now, you're asking for someone else to do the majority of the work in this mod. 

Not to be the debbie downer, BUT, you wanna see why WE shouldn't go for this? You have nothing shown yet, and expect a lot of additional things that you can't provide. 

Give us something, and we'll be more inclined to give you something. 

I'm not skilled to help at all, but keep in mind. If you guys all work together, you could be part of a full mod in EM5. Possibly the first full mod. So, that should be enough motivation to group together with a skinner. I'd recommend group credits though. Instead of picking at what he can't do, you can offer what YOU can do. As long as credit is due, and you guys all work together. Pitch ideas, etc.. Then why not? :)

Here is my thoughts on this, perhaps someone new could learn to do a new mod, quite possibly faster than the veterans of EM4 can since they are familiar with EM4 and EM5 is vastly different...  That being said, NFK has it 100% right in my book, most of the "skilled" people that people want to band together to do this mod can reskin for themselves, thus negating the requirement to be involved in this project unless it was somehow very compelling to them to do this particular town.  When compared to Boston, NYC, Miami, LA, Chicago, ETC. I just can't see that happening.  So ultimately whether it is liked or not, in order for this particular mod to get going, the individual who wishes to author this mod will have to step up to the plate and get the mod started on his own.  Perhaps once he had some forward progress going in the right direction to possibly be a mod for EM5, it would garner the attention of those who could help.

Asking people who already have ideas/concepts to help you out with one or two things is one thing, asking them to in essence build the mod for you, since admittedly you don't have the required skills as of yet is quite honestly an unrealistic goal.  The people who could make your ideas a reality will be occupied with their own projects and probably would not want to have to try to build a project that is from a place most of the modders are unfamiliar with. Waldorf, Maryland isnt exactly seen on movies or tv shows every day, so most of the modders probably don't know much about it, nor have much interest in it.  To garner that interest will take a good deal of progressive effort from the originator of the idea to help push through his idea, because ultimately with such a specialized town it is HIS idea that he wants done.  More people would've been more likely to want to help with a more mainstream locale, but that is what it is.

People can call it picking if they want to, but the reality is it is just being 100% honest on this particular situation.

See, here's how this stuff goes, REskinning is the absolute easiest thing in Emergency Mods. What I suggest is you reskin what you can get your hands on, then perhaps look at minor edits model wise. Make it look better for people to want to come on board. Right now, you're asking for someone else to do the majority of the work in this mod. 

Not to be the debbie downer, BUT, you wanna see why WE shouldn't go for this? You have nothing shown yet, and expect a lot of additional things that you can't provide. 

Give us something, and we'll be more inclined to give you something. 

Yep!

That said since this isnt an actual mod, can we get the thread moved some where else and keep this forum for mods complete or actual WIP mods, not just concept mods that likley wont ever happen.