LtChuckSmiley

Adding Patches on Default Police Officers

Hello,

I was editing the default male police officer .dds texture to remove the pants stripes and add shoulder patches using PAINT.NET. However, when I loaded the revised model in the editor to make sure that everything was in order, I noticed that the officer became entirely black (See picture below or at http://imgur.com/6fhpD0H). 

6fhpD0H.png

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help!   :)

Turn off alpha reflections on that person. If you want to make alpha reflections, there is a long lost tutorial on this site on how to do it.

The reason alpha reflections are activated is because those units have reflective stripes which glow in the dark which are basically what alpha reflections are.

This is something A LOT OF MODS these days do not have. In fact, LA was pretty much the only one that had this awesome feature.

Turn off alpha reflections on that person. If you want to make alpha reflections, there is a long lost tutorial on this site on how to do it.

The reason alpha reflections are activated is because those units have reflective stripes which glow in the dark which are basically what alpha reflections are.

This is something A LOT OF MODS these days do not have. In fact, LA was pretty much the only one that had this awesome feature.

Thanks for your reply! 

I went and turned off the alpha reflections for that person, but my end result was just a floating silhouette with shoulder rank/badge. Did I miss something somewhere?

RQFvtfq.png

w9OGVUC.png

(Model with alpha reflections disabled on the right of the blacked out figure)

Hmm...did you save it as a DXT3 or DXT1 or DXT5 .dds?

If you saved it as DXT1, then you will have to start over. DXT1 basically made all the parts transparent because it "rounds off" the transparency from the original to 0%, so now everything except the badges are see through.

The original was almost completely transparent and the only opaque things are the badges and patches on them.