WildcatsMike

[WIP] The NYC Dispatch Mod Thingy.

Hey guys,

I'm starting work on a new dispatch mod. It's just for freeplay, no campaign. It replaces the Supervisor when a call comes in.

It'll be the style of the NYC dispatchers, such as the FDNY and NYPD.

I've checked, and this time this isn't a remake. Meaning The Loot hasn't done this one already :P

To make it more fitting to the situation in EM4, i'll be voicing the call description. (Sorry in advance  :mug: )

It's not gonna be 100% accurate as to how they do it. I don't live in NY, so I can't go to a station and listen to how they dispatch.

Will probably release in Late December 2014/ Early January 2015.

Here's a quick preview of one of the calls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXo07biEGgw

Might redo this one.

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

You mean the supervisor that pops up in the lower right corner? That would be cool, I think there is only the LA one and a GTA style one aswell.

Yup. I did a GTA style a while back, and it made me wanna do this one.

Only problem i'm having is the length. Is there a time limit on the supervisor video? Greatly appreciated if anyone knows.

Sorry for my awful voice in advance. :P

Oh, and also, in the preview video, yell at me if i'm too quiet. I have a weird volume setting on my headphones so I can't tell.

Exactly. It is good to know dispatch policy. Since it is a metropolitan FD or PD, it means there will be the same protocol for all the agencies. Not like in Toronto, where RCMP, OPP and TPS have each little different. 

http://www.fdnewyork.com/aa.asp - This is the NY dispatch protocol for FDNY

http://www.911dispatch.com/info/tencode_nypd.html - NYPD dispatch protocol, 10 codes, rapid mobilization codes (really good and useful thing), and more stuff.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/1855 - Live scanner

Wasn't sure if I was gonna use the 10 codes or not, but I definitely will now.

EDIT: Ah, I was wrong. FDNY does have ladders respond to MVAs. Thought they didn't but I knew a lot of departments did.

Gonna go back and fix the few i've already done to make them more proper.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ok, now here's a question for you guys regarding how long the dispatch will be.

Should I list the individual units? I'm doing the gas explosion one right now, and there's a bit of units responding, as it's transmitted as a 10-60 (Major Emergency).

A 10-60 in NY is a response of a METRIC BUTTLOAD of units.

(Still not as many as a Five Alarm though. 20 engines, 11 ladders for a 5 alarm.  :Oo )

I'm gonna wait for an answer before continuing to make the audio files. I'd like to redo 5, not 50 :)

Ok, now here's a question for you guys regarding how long the dispatch will be.

Should I list the individual units? I'm doing the gas explosion one right now, and there's a bit of units responding, as it's transmitted as a 10-60 (Major Emergency).

A 10-60 in NY is a response of a METRIC BUTTLOAD of units.

(Still not as many as a Five Alarm though. 20 engines, 11 ladders for a 5 alarm. :Oo )

I'm gonna wait for an answer before continuing to make the audio files. I'd like to redo 5, not 50 :)

Just make all fire runs saying "Brooklyn (or whatever) announcing 10-75 in the Boro of Brooklyn. Brooklyn calling battalion (#)" that last bit doesn't matter as much but you really should listen to how it is read over the radio. You don't have to be stupidly detailed about it, it's just supposed to be a "hey, stop texting, you got a run."... alright that's probably only me.

The question: The dispatcher doesn't read off every unit assigned on a box at first. It is sent to the houses/ MDTs and if it's a job the dispatcher will give a rundown if the chief is ready for it.

Feel free to ask about how things should be said or if they sound right, I do live in the NYC area and know their dispatch well enough.

Just make all fire runs saying "Brooklyn (or whatever) announcing 10-75 in the Boro of Brooklyn. Brooklyn calling battalion (#)" that last bit doesn't matter as much but you really should listen to how it is read over the radio. You don't have to be stupidly detailed about it, it's just supposed to be a "hey, stop texting, you got a run."... alright that's probably only me..

Well, in that case, I should be able to release this thing tomorrow. I just have to remake the 5 I made already, which took me almost all day, because they were WAY too detailed. (I may or may not have listed about 25 units for the gas explosion.  :mug: )

I listened to the radio a bit today, and I've got the general grip of it. Thought I heard individual units listed on response, but must have been wrong.

The question: The dispatcher doesn't read off every unit assigned on a box at first. It is sent to the houses/ MDTs and if it's a job the dispatcher will give a rundown if the chief is ready for it.

Welp, time to redo the 5 I made.

Question: Same case with the NYPD? I thought they dispatch units individually over radio.

On a separate note, this isn't gonna be perfect. No where near so. I'm thinking about adding background noise in an attempt to make it sound more realistic, but still unsure.

Thank you guys for giving me a hand with resources and information. Sped up the process quite a bit. :D

EDIT: (Kinda off topic, but if you guys ever need any sirens or anything else audio/video related, give me a PM.)

(I'm on my phone so I can't quote that huge thing but...)

The NYPD I'm not sure of but in sure they must have some sort of thing. A good background noise would be the dispatch phone ringing.

I fully understand that it won't be prefect at all, I don't think anyone expects if to be. Nothing is perfect, don't take that as an insult ☺.

The NYPD I'm not sure of but in sure they must have some sort of thing. A good background noise would be the dispatch phone ringing.

I fully understand that it won't be prefect at all, I don't think anyone expects if to be. Nothing is perfect, don't take that as an insult ☺.

Exactly what I was thinking about doing for background noise.

Thank you for your support. :D

With NYPD, it depens. If there is some minor call such as medical call, dispute or so, usually dispatcher names every unit which is presumed to respond. But if there are shots fired, officer down (RIP two fellow brother who have died recently) or officer needs help, dispatcher doesn't name every unit. Every unit nearby and in the district responds. 

95% of all the calls are minor ones. Arguing, domestic violence and stuff.

With NYPD, it depens. If there is some minor call such as medical call, dispute or so, usually dispatcher names every unit which is presumed to respond. But if there are shots fired, officer down (RIP two fellow brother who have died recently) or officer needs help, dispatcher doesn't name every unit. Every unit nearby and in the district responds. 

95% of all the calls are minor ones. Arguing, domestic violence and stuff.

Ok, so I'll name all of the units off except for stuff like riots and bomb threats etc.

Thanks for letting me know.

Ok, so I'll name all of the units off except for stuff like riots and bomb threats etc.

Thanks for letting me know.

As a good and sad example can be slaining two NYPD officers (rest in peace, brothers).

- You can see how many police officers responded. There were like 60 officers on scene in less than 10 minutes. It is really crazy, nothing like that couldn't be achieved in Toronto, we don't have the manpower. Dispatcher surely didn't name every responding unit. Propably on FD and EMS was rushed by naming. As you can see there, we're like borthers together, so there is no need to name units, all of them just arrive. I remember from the police academy that there was some gang who listened to police radio. When something horrible like that happened and every unit responded, they went to rob the bank. I don't recall the name of this gang but it has somehow got stuck in my memory. 

You can see how many police officers responded. There were like 60 officers on scene in less than 10 minutes. It is really crazy, nothing like that couldn't be achieved in Toronto, we don't have the manpower. Dispatcher surely didn't name every responding unit. Propably on FD and EMS was rushed by naming. As you can see there, we're like borthers together, so there is no need to name units, all of them just arrive. I remember from the police academy that there was some gang who listened to police radio. When something horrible like that happened and every unit responded, they went to rob the bank. I don't recall the name of this gang but it has somehow got stuck in my memory. 

Truly is unbelievable. Police Related Shootings/targetings have been out of control recently.

Surprised more didn't respond. They could have easily had a lot more. The NYPD is roughly the size of the U.S Coast Guard, at 40,000 officers.

Thank you for the example. R.I.P to those 2 officers. Wish they would have caught the shooter before he shot himself, he deserves to rot in a cell for eternity.

Truly is unbelievable. Police Related Shootings/targetings have been out of control recently.

Surprised more didn't respond. They could have easily had a lot more. The NYPD is roughly the size of the U.S Coast Guard, at 40,000 officers.

Thank you for the example. R.I.P to those 2 officers. Wish they would have caught the shooter before he shot himself, he deserves to rot in a cell for eternity.

Yep. I would love to make him one old known police method while having him on gunpoint - ''You've spitted on my hand, wipe it off!'', you can imagine what would happen. Simply you would shoot him and claim he tried to take your gun. But nah, it is not used anymore, at least I hope. But decades ago it was used in Texas from what I know. What else would you do with these bastards.. 

More responded, but not at the place of shooting. Do not forget, that radio said ''shots fired, officer down, suspect heading to the subway''. So lots of units also responded to the subway to apprehend the suspect. It doesn't matter how it ended. If he hadn't shot himself, police would. And I am 100% sure of that. You just don't arrest cop killers. They're the worst kinda scum.

No problem, hope this sad incident brought you some clarifying about how NYPD dispatch units to major cases like this.