Dem0nGam3r

Turn-based multiplayer; Is there any way to configure turns etc.?

Me and a friend recently bought Emergency 4 on Steam during the Christmas sale and quickly noticed that it's nigh impossible to scramble units effectively with only two players due to the turn system. I know it's probably a stupid question, but is there any way to configure how turns work or at least make it so we can send out multiple identical units in the same turn like in single player? You can imagine how frustrating it is to have a bunch of exploded cars or a huge fire you need to deal with whilst having to wait multiple turns to dispatch everything you need between two people. I absolutely love almost everything else about this game, but that honestly ruins multiplayer for me personally.

If there's no way to configure the multiplayer the way I'd like, then how hard would it be to mod such a feature into the game? I have no knowledge of mod creation or how this game runs under the hood so for all I know this suggestion could be pettily easy or preposterously difficult/impossible. It seems silly that the game makes multiplayer so hard if you don't have many players.

NOTE: I've been using the L.A. mod almost exclusively but these concerns obviously carry over to every other mod and vanilla.

Thanks if you took the time to read this! Any help would be appreciated, although I don't expect there's anything to be done about this particular feature.

All one has to do to get around the turn based system is have your partner press the skip turn button, this in turn gives the first player the opportunity to purchase another vehicle immediately.  This just requires the 2nd player to act and press skip turn found on the bottom right I believe. 

There is no way to configure it, and I highly doubt that someone would be able to figure out a way to "mod" the feature you want into the original MP framework.