Robin Uppgren

Better ambulance

That doesn't work for me.

Seems to be working fine here. So did the last version in the original post.

You're sure you managed to overwrite the correct files?

Only thing I noticed is I had to turn automation off, as the paramedics made a habit of loading the patient and leaving the doctor at the scene. :)

Robin I can confirm your method works, and was actually really close to mine as well.

Oh by the way did you do a manual edit for the door location (like I've been pulling my hair out with) or did you do it in the editor?  I'm still trying to find a way to change the basic values of a child in the damn editor itself...

Hi all, maybe this qualifies as a finished "mod".

This enables the doctor to ride with the ambulance like in EM4.

I tweaked the offset in this one so it's slightly different from the one i posted in the other category.

Instructions included!

Enjoy!

attachicon.gifenhanced ambulance.rar

Any pictures of the new ambulance?

Doctor can't go back enter to ambulance.

He won't go back by himself (automation issue), or are you unable to send him back? (no enter action avaliable)

I had to disable automation, because the paramedics would take the patient and leave without the doctor. I'm not really a fan of the automation anyway, as I felt it controlled the game a little too much. So for me it really wasn't that much of a deal.

The doctor is not meant to automatically enter the vehicle, he will only run over to the next injured person if there is one.

When I click on doctor than on ambulance, he put case to ambulance, but he can't enter to it.

Strange... I'm using the same files, and extracted them like described in the instructions. Everything is working great here.

It works with automatization or not ?

Not as far as I know. You have to manually send the doctor back to the ambulance.

The paramedics will return to the ambulance automatically though, like I said. That's why I deactivated the automation option.

I didn't change anything for the mod to work...

I only disabled the automation, to make sure the paramedics didn't leave the doctor behind.

But the mod worked just fine with in enabled too.

Have no idea why it's not working for you, seems to be working fine for everyone else.

You haven't changed anything else in the game that might cause it?

Is the regular doctor's vehicle working as it's supposed to?

Same model, just edited the scripts to enable it to carry a doctor.

Yeah, I thought that was odd that the doctor was not riding in the ambulance. Must be a UK thing? Seems like more resources needed to have him responding in a separate unit.

Yeah, I thought that was odd that the doctor was not riding in the ambulance. Must be a UK thing? Seems like more resources needed to have him responding in a separate unit.

It's the German way to do it I believe (or was it Dutch?)

In Norway the doctors only respond to serious injuries and conditions like strokes and heart attacks. The two paramedics riding the ambulance are capeable of handling everything else.

So preferably I would like to see that the EM5 paramedics could drop the stretcher and treat the patient, then take him to a hospital as seen in some EM4 mods. :)