Frank_Timber

State of Alaska Modification

55068_alaska-state-troopers-video-banner

What?

The TV show Alaska State Troopers is something I love to watch, and EM4 is something I love to play. I was looking for an Alaska mod but there was no trace of one anywhere! Before thinking about doing this modifiction I made a private edit of the Montana Mod but my skills are still very limited. This modifiction will eventually be something that makes you feel like a state trooper or part of the rescue team working in unique conditions and battaling against the harsh weather conditions Alaska has to offer.

The hope would be to produce something up to the standards of LA MOD or Montana Mod in terms of scale but with a very rural and Alaska feel. The modification itself will receive a new map and will be located in Fairbanks a town within Southen Alaska. Although this is not considered the 'wild' it still brings with it harsh conditions which have been fun to make with the EM4 weather affects getting tweaked.

When?

The main reason for this post is due to real life commitment I am unable to work as hard as I would like to on this modification and would require some help as although I am able to do things they are time consuming and I have a very poor imagination. I would very much like a few more people who can help out and have an interest in Alaska and would enjoy making or doing a bit of help towards this mod. I live in the UK so most of my information is through the TV show and internet so anyone interested in giving ideas would also be useful.

I'm not even going to attempt to make a release date as it's only just started but I have been doing some work and look forward to getting any feedback or information in the comments. If you are interested in having an input in this Alaska style modification you can skype message me at:

lukesta123

Preview

TgQzs0E.jpg?1

if I make any progress I'll be sure to update this thread with images and such.

Take care,

Frank.

This is a some fine work, dude! I honestly love this TV show and I cannot wait! Skinning is great. I am wondering, are you going to add front additional lights on the front push bar? Also I am guessing that there won't be much more cars, eh. Their fleet is basically made from Crown Vics. Is there going to be Fairbanks PD? This project is number one along with Montana Mod 2.0!! 

Just keep up a good work. Thanks for the effort you've put into it. 

4228.jpg

This is a some fine work, dude! I honestly love this TV show and I cannot wait! Skinning is great. I am wondering, are you going to add front additional lights on the front push bar? Also I am guessing that there won't be much more cars, eh. Their fleet is basically made from Crown Vics. Is there going to be Fairbanks PD? This project is number one along with Montana Mod 2.0!! 

Just keep up a good work. Thanks for the effort you've put into it. 

He said he's not big on modeling so I doubt he'll do that, could be wrong though.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I've been doing some work but first to answer some questions:

This is a some fine work, dude! I honestly love this TV show and I cannot wait! Skinning is great. I am wondering, are you going to add front additional lights on the front push bar? Also I am guessing that there won't be much more cars, eh. Their fleet is basically made from Crown Vics. Is there going to be Fairbanks PD?

I'm a really big fan of the Rambar the AST's use. I will defiently try and do it but I can't make any promises. Also with Fairbanks PD, they don't seem to have that many vehicles although I will be adding one or two hopefully, but it's been tricky to find what design they use.

just one question was wondering if you were going to be making the new skins they have on most of their crusiers now ?

I can't seem to find to many other liverys for the State Troopers. So I think I'm going to stick with the main one apart from the charger which will get the blue strip design towards the hood.

Now for some screen shots. The first one is showing off a small section of the map with Fire Station 17 slightly poking into shot. The second is the Explorer design I have been working on(still needs some fine tuning). Hope you enjoy  :happy:

ZpL0lvEl.jpg?1

KrwwH9wl.jpg?1

Thanks for the answer.

Car looks amazing! Are you going to add a wildlife troopers division? I am also fan of the Rambar, a few of our Toronto police cars have 'em and they are really nice. From what I've heard, this was just some test so nope, TPS is not going to have these Rambars .. damn. 

I do consider AST as one of the best trained and equiped police I've seen. I cannot complain about my job or equip but AST is just waaaay forward. 

http://juneauempire.com/state/2013-04-29/fairbanks-police-are-back-black-new-suvs You might consider this link to be useful. 

So yeah, keep up a good work! 

IMG_0475-1024x682.jpg

just a thought, what about trying to make the rain in the game into snow, i don't know weather its possible as i am only just learning lighting but it would be cool

just a thought, what about trying to make the rain in the game into snow, i don't know weather its possible as i am only just learning lighting but it would be cool

I think it's possible, but I wouldn't know where to start with that.

Good job franky boy! I've been waiting for a modification to pop up like this. Can't wait to see what you are able to do with this. What scripts do you think you will be putting in place? Maybe, the engine on/off, limited water supply?