C.F.D

Project Reality Lights - V.4 NOW RELEASED

I have tried this and followed the instructions provided but everytime in game, some vehicles do not show the extra lights and addons properly. The effects are present as in lighting but a lot is missing.

According to the editor it says "QSF noticed that prototype xxxxxx..... is using prefab asset xxxxx.......which apparently does not exist"

Some vehicles has this tied to it. I remember previous installations of this you had 2 prefab and content folders to overwrite, in this version you only have the em5/data/content folder.

This is why I don't like the QSF editor, it keeps corrupting my files everytime someone installs the mod. I tried it myself, it works. Some users installed it and worked, but others like you, didn't work ...

the editor should not be running an integrity check in the first place. It seems like when it notices a new prefab file, it declares it alien and deletes it by it self. How the f are we suppose to make mods if the editor won't let us save it truly ...

The 2nd folder that you mentioned isn't even required for installation.

I don't know why this keeps happening. Really frustrating.

I can understand that. It is bizzare that this is happening. It is true like you say though. Perhaps they will address some issues with modding in February when they introduce that patch. Regardless your work looks amazing, just annoying me it doesn't work with me haha. Any suggestions on what could make it work if at all?

I replaced the sirens but the new ones are not playing.. I'm playing the campaign though, so does it only work on freeplay?. EDIT: Nevermind, sounds started working when a Large Scale mission happened.. 

Also, police car lights up it´s surrounding way too much.. Maybe it´s a bug..

Anyways, thank you for the mod.. I like it!

I'm very confused. The instructions say to Drag the prefab folder from the .rar into the following dictionary, and click yes to all files -- Emergency 5\data\em5\content.

When I unpack the rar file I don't have a prefab folder it just creates a folder called Project Reality Light and in that folder are 3,533 files including the audio files and I have no idea where to put them all. Please help :(

Did you open that folder to see whats inside before doing what you did?.. 

Open "Project Reality Light -- v4.0" folder, and then open "VERSION 4.0" folder, and there you will have "prefab" and "sfx_sirens" folder.. Those two are what you need..

Did you open that folder to see whats inside before doing what you did?.. 

Open "Project Reality Light -- v4.0" folder, and then open "VERSION 4.0" folder, and there you will have "prefab" and "sfx_sirens" folder.. Those two are what you need..

Sorted it. The problem was with the program I used to unpack it, it put all the files into one folder instead of following the original paths. Only problem now is the police car. It lights up the whole area with pulsing white light and makes it really hard to see whats going on, I noticed this mentioned before and must be a bug :(

Hi,

Is there a faster way to have this file downloaded? I mean, it seems I have to wait for 1000 seconds (= 16,66 minutes) on http://www.4shared.com until the download would start. And, should I choose for the so called "Priority Download" I'll be forced to accept a lot of spam  :angry:. Also, once downloaded, could the file just be installed by the EM5 Mod Installer? Meaning:  

1. Open the Emergency 5 Launcher.

2. Go to "Modifications".

3. Drag and drop the .zip in Modifications.

4. Select the mod as "active"

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers!!  

:holdglass:

Robert,

Netherlands.

Hi,

Is there a faster way to have this file downloaded? I mean, it seems I have to wait for 1000 seconds (= 16,66 minutes) on http://www.4shared.com until the download would start. And, should I choose for the so called "Priority Download" I'll be forced to accept a lot of spam  :angry:. Also, once downloaded, could the file just be installed by the EM5 Mod Installer? Meaning:  

1. Open the Emergency 5 Launcher.

2. Go to "Modifications".

3. Drag and drop the .zip in Modifications.

4. Select the mod as "active"

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers!!  

:holdglass:

Robert,

Netherlands.

I think that link got an old version.. The current and latest version is 4, I think..

If you go to the first page, to the first post and look under the YouTube video.. That link downloads the latest version.. Anyways, I copied the link for you.. ;) https://mega.co.nz/#...az5je6zYleUx_7U