OrigiHawk

gameplay video up.

You guys are just....wow...you havent' even played it yet and you are already condemning it.

1. It's a first release

2. You haven't even physically played it for yourselves yet

3. It's a first release

4. This is why you don't hype things you know little about (leaving a lot of room for disappointment)

5. It's a first release

'Gents. It's a game. What you get now is not set in stone. May I remind you that EM4 had SEVERAL patches after launch. It's actually rare for a game to be 100% at launch.

Lastly, I don't know what you all expected, but after reading all the "desires" and "expectations" in the "What would you like to see" thread I can see why some of you are disappointed. Remember, this is a game, not a simulator. This community as a whole expects Emergency to be a realistic simulator, but in fact that's not what it's meant to be. Little do you realize it was the mods that made EM4 awesome. I really haven't seen anyone rave about the base game before. Once there are some mods out there, I bet opinions will change. What does a perfect game leave for modding? Nothing. If there is a lot left to be desired, then that give something for the modding community to work with. If the game was perfect I can tell you right now I wouldn't waste my time making mods for it.

*end rant*

Lets play the game for a couple days, at least a couple hours, before we pass formal judgement. Watching a car drive around the track is a far different experience than actually taking it out for a test drive yourself.

Just my $0.02 ;)

Nice perspective. Worth more than $0.02 (at least that's my $0.02 lol).

You guys are just....wow...you havent' even played it yet and you are already condemning it.

1. It's a first release

2. You haven't even physically played it for yourselves yet

3. It's a first release

4. This is why you don't hype things you know little about (leaving a lot of room for disappointment)

5. It's a first release

'Gents. It's a game. What you get now is not set in stone. May I remind you that EM4 had SEVERAL patches after launch. It's actually rare for a game to be 100% at launch.

Lastly, I don't know what you all expected, but after reading all the "desires" and "expectations" in the "What would you like to see" thread I can see why some of you are disappointed. Remember, this is a game, not a simulator. This community as a whole expects Emergency to be a realistic simulator, but in fact that's not what it's meant to be. Little do you realize it was the mods that made EM4 awesome. I really haven't seen anyone rave about the base game before. Once there are some mods out there, I bet opinions will change. What does a perfect game leave for modding? Nothing. If there is a lot left to be desired, then that give something for the modding community to work with. If the game was perfect I can tell you right now I wouldn't waste my time making mods for it.

*end rant*

Lets play the game for a couple days, at least a couple hours, before we pass formal judgement. Watching a car drive around the track is a far different experience than actually taking it out for a test drive yourself.

Just my $0.02 ;)

1st of all nice rant lol. 2nd of all, I'm not getting it because it won't run on my system so I didn't expect much from it anyways and lastly. I'm not saying EM4 was perfect, hell it has its bugs and what not even now, but at gamescom they told everyone that the gameplay footage was still in Alpha phase or "testing"... Yet from the gameplay video it looks exactly the same from gamescom, they said that the vehicle collisions/pathfinding was because it was in that phase. What have they been doing in the last few months since then? In my opinion not alot. If its not 100% why release it? :( It seems alot of game developers do this now days. They have also made the game highly unoptimized (like GTA 4 when that was first released) so alot of people who have problems with out powerful systems won't be able to run it. Yes I know its 2014, but not everyone has a gaming computer or can go out and buy one.

Anyway... Enough of my ramblings.

but at gamescom they told everyone that the gameplay footage was still in Alpha phase or "testing"... Yet from the gameplay video it looks exactly the same from gamescom, they said that the vehicle collisions/pathfinding was because it was in that phase.

I've seen people mention a day 1 patch that's supposed to fix a lot of that. Can't confirm it though.

After watching this gameplay footage, it looks better it doesn't seem as buggy so maybe the patch which they were talking about fixed things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poYBVxhXRYM

That's actually my video, heh. You can see some path finding issues in it, but nothing too major. My biggest concern was the horrible FPS.

That's actually my video, heh. You can see some path finding issues in it, but nothing too major. My biggest concern was the horrible FPS.

Oh was it? Lol nice video by the way :P yeah there was a few but not as bad as the video on the 1st page and the FPS will hopefully be patched, like they eventually did for GTA IV.

After watching this gameplay footage, it looks better it doesn't seem as buggy so maybe the patch which they were talking about fixed things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poYBVxhXRYM

range rover evoque for rescue dog is good model, but where is fire engine with hoses ? I did not wait 7 years to go back the time of Emergency 3. Newest emergency game and hoses can attach only to hydrant, It is perhaps a bad joke?

for pathfinding/collision look at Rescue 2013, at least with EM5 the vehicles dont just drive trough each other / park inside object/buildings

I have and that was bad! They do drive through eachother, this was meant to have been fixed before being released though, so it will probably/ or is in the patch that came out today.

Even though it didn't live FULLY up to it's hype, the game doesn't look nearly as bad with the patch. 

I will say, the game looks GORGEOUS. No denying that.

Hopefully they will patch the framerate, and then i'll be able to give it a go when I get my new GPU.

And also, I like the missing person event. Gives a use to the Rescue Dog in Freeplay.