CCCXLII

911FR-EM4 New Soundtrack Mod LA Mix

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/files/file/598-standard-quality-911fr-em4-new-soundtrack-mod-la-mixrar/

MIRROR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzn7rRc8SbEOQTBKUWpWZms3SUE/view?usp=sharing

NOTE: Download is pending administrator approval and is not yet available to the public. Check back often.

EDIT: Alternatively, you can download from the mirror link.

-SAMPLES-

- ABOUT -

While playing LA Mod, I found myself getting tired of the Base Game's music playing in the background. It was just so tense all the time, and the constant feeling of ramping tension would set my heart racing for the entire time I played.

I searched the Emergency Planet forums and downloads (and even EM4 mods in-general) to see if anyone had made some sort of 'soundtrack replacer' mod, but I didn't have any luck. After some digging though, I discovered that at one point in the past, LA Mod did have its own unique soundtrack, but it was removed from the mod due to copyright issues.

So, I compiled my own soundtrack, but with an important twist. Every song in this list is distributed under a creative commons (cc) liscense. Meaning you're free to download this, share it, and even make non-Monetized YouTube videos of it.

- DESCRIPTION -

This mod changes the background music in Freeplay to a new soundtrack. It does not replace any game files except the soundtracks.xml file. The background music in the Tutorial, Campaign, and Missions should remain the same.

This mod was designed for use with LA Mod, but could potentially be used with any the mod based on LA Mod.

Every song in this mod is distributed under the CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 liscense. You can learn more about this liscense at the following website: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

The normal background music in this mix is generally Jazz and Old Skool Hip Hop. When an emergency happens on the map, the background music will be suddenly interrupted by one of the action_short songs, which are usually either Modern Hiphop or Electronic music. THERE IS NO RAPPING IN THIS MIX.

- INSTALLATION -

To install, extract the contents of the "Standard Quality 911FR-EM4 New Soundtrack Mod LA Mix" and place them in the "YourModName/Audio/Soundtracks" file.

If installation is successful, you should hear a tune with some saxophones when you start up a Freeplay game.

- CREDITS -

background_01f.ogg

Midnight Streetlight (Extended) by Zooloo75

Easy Listening - Jazz

4:12

background_02f.ogg

Swayhop by ranter

Hip Hop, Rap, R&B - Hip Hop - Olskool

3:33

background_03f.ogg

SH - Lovely by shaggyhaired

3:48

background_04f.ogg

Kami | The way you look tonigh by Kamikazi1

4:09

background_05f.ogg

Canthink by Jassummisko

Easy Listening - Jazz

3:38

background_06f.ogg

Sax Practice #2 {s20}

Easy Listening - Jazz

4:12

action_short_01f.ogg

Police Dog by Demeanor-Ice-Creamer

1:14

action_short_02f.ogg

The Chase Begins by PhatBoiJ

Electronic - Dance

2:19

action_short_03f.ogg

Fall In Love Again [7000] by Sirhc7000

Hip Hop, Rap, R&B - Hip Hop - Modern

2:31

action_short_04f.ogg

Bitter chips (loop) by Xtrullor

Electronic - House

1:45

action_short_05f.ogg

Mellow House Loop by Masterpeace

Electronic - House

1:15

action_short_06f.ogg

Escos by TicTackLock

Electronic - Drum N Bass

1:41

action_short_07f.ogg

Aggressor of the street by Noisysundae

Electronic - Drum N Bass

2:34

action_short_08f.ogg

Oracle by Omnivore

Electronic - Industrial

1:36

Interesting Idea. I've never seen a standalone soundtrack on this site.

That being said, there are a few mods (Manhattan, LA 4x4, etc.) that change the soundtracks, but a standalone soundtrack is interesting.

Looking forward to checking this out.

Yeah, the file still hasn't been approved. I don't know why it's taking so long. :( I would appreciate it if a mod or admin could contact me about this.

I'll try uploading it somewhere else if a whole month passes by.