WildcatsMike

PC Specs!

Hey guys,

What kind of rigs do you have? I'm curious to see how many people can run EM5 at max and how many can't run it at all.

I need a new graphics card myself, but I should be good then!

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD FX 4300 quad-core 3.80 ghz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 610  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2 GB

RAM: 8 gb DDR3

Harddrive: 1 TB

Memory

8mb

Hard Drive

400 to 1000 megabytes

Processor

33MHz

Video

24-bit accelerated

Monitor

14” CRT

Sound

Sound Blaster 16 (16-bit)

Modem

Optical Disk

2x CD-ROM

I got my first store bought PC in about 14 years.

MSI GS70 Stealth Pro-003

• Intel Core i7 4710HQ at 3.4 Ghz
  • 16GB Memory
  • 128 GB mSATA SSD x 2 RAID 0
  • 1TB HDD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB

On road I used the 17 inch screen on laptop.   At home I drive two 24 inch dell S2440L

I always have it running on Cooler Master NotePal U3 PLUS to keep it nice an cool and keep the interal fans from running to fast so the system runs quieter. 

- Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2 GHz (Using H100i cooler)

- AMD R9 290 (4GB)

- Asrock Z87 OC

- 16 GB DDR3

- 2x 120 GB SSD

- 2 TB seagate

- 1 TB western digital

- Corsair RM750 PSU

All housed in a wicked looking Corsair 750D with about 120cm of blue LED lighting around the window.

Works like the beast it is ;)

Apart from that, I have a dodgy little Asus laptop that tends to do a fair amount of work given the fact that I've owned it for 2+ years....

I build mine back in 2010, but been upgrading a few components every year, this is current specs:

• Case: Fractal Design Arc XL Black
  • Mobo: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming, Socket-1155
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Processor OC @ 4.20Ghz
  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 780Ti Gaming 3GB PhysX
  • RAM:Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 4x4GB
  • Storage: CL9Seagate Barracuda® 7200.12 1TB x2
  • Storage: Crucial M500 SSD 2.5" 120GB
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler

Building your own PC is super fun and I recommend it for all those who want to nerd out a bit. It's not difficult and is a great learning experience. It's not the cheapest route to go but it allows you to have complete control of your system.

Current specs:

Core i7 920 @ overclocked to 3.33GHz

6GB DDR3 RAM at 1600MHz

Cooler master N520 air cooler for cpu

1.2GB nVidia GTX560ti 448 core

Sandisk 256GB SSD (only on a SATA 3Gbps connection so it's a bit limited lol)

1TB Western Digital Black HDD

2x 250GB Western Digital Blue HDDs in a RAID0 (I do video editing as a hobby)

I just got my upgrade parts today: a new motherboard, CPU, and RAM. So by the end of the weekend I'll be upgraded to:

Core i7 4790k @ 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz

I'll finally be running my SSD on a SATA 6Gbps connection so that'll clear the bottleneck with that.

Within the next couple months (as funding allows) I plan to make the following Additions:

-nVidia GTX 970 4GB

-A second 256GB SSD to put in RAID0 with the one I have already

-A 2TB HDD so I can retire my current Raid0 array.

-Kind of hoping my PSU kicks the bucket so I can go to a fully modular one. My current one is only semi-modular.

My current system has lasted me for 5 years and I hope this refresh will be good for another 5 years. The SSD was added last year to replace the original 300GB velociraptor 10k rpm drive. The graphics card was added 2 years ago (original was a GTX 260, lol). Everything else is original; built SEPT 2009)

AMD FX-4300 3.80GHz, 8GB DDR3 Memory, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, 1GB AMD Radeon R5 230, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Wish:

Intel Core i7-5960X Processor Extreme - 8 Cores

Internal Water-cooled & Aguaduct 720 External

DDR4 16 GB 3,300MHz G.SKILL

AMD Radeon R9 290X

Your specs aren't bad for 2009. By today's standards, though, you're gonna start having some trouble.

EDIT: Ace, your specs aren't too bad either. We both have the same processor. 

Finished the upgrade last week. Ended up getting a new CPU cooler and said "F&$% it" and got the GTX 970. With 16GB of RAM I've noticed stuff is much smoother. The CPU is wicked awesome and run waaay cooler than my old one (at a higher stock clock speed as well).

For those in the market for a good GFX Card...I highly recommend the GTX970 (I got an EVGA one). There are a lot of reported problems with coil whine, which  I also encountered early on, but after like a day or two it disappeared. When I did have the problem setting the nVidia Adaptive Sync feature seemed to get rid of it.

I had ordered my upgrade parts before I realized DDR4 was out. I partially regret not making a DDR4 system...but my wallet really thanks me. That would have gotten really pricey really fast.

Intel Core i7-5960X Processor Extreme - 8 Cores

Got a little pocket change 'eh? That bad boy's not cheap. Anything more than 4 cores is on my wish list too but the price jump just isn't worth the performance gain.

From what I understand games are optimized to work better on only a small number of faster cores (hence the slow adoption of hexacore and octacore CPUs in gaming). Most games don't really take advantage of more than four cores. Video editing on the other hand...

The i7-5960X (8-core) is $1,050 USD with a base clock of 3.0Ghz. The i7 4790k (4-core) is a 4.0Ghz base clock and only about $340 USD. My bet is that the 4790k would outperform the 5960X in gaming because of the reasons above.

I want to say that I read a benchmark not too long ago comparing a 6-Core intel CPU with an equivalent 4-core CPU and the 4-core had slightly better gaming performance...despite the fact the the 6-core wiped the floor with the 4-core in just about everything else.

bringing it back, current setup

• Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II
  • Mobo: Gigabyte X79-UP4
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 @4.3GHZ
  • GPU: EVGA GTX670 2GB
  • RAM:Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866MHz 16GB (4X4)
  • Storage: OCZ revodrive hybrid SSD 1TB
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H80
  • PSU: Cooler Master SPH 1300W

bringing it back, current setup

• Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II
  • Mobo: Gigabyte X79-UP4
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 @4.3GHZ
  • GPU: EVGA GTX670 2GB
  • RAM:Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866MHz 16GB (4X4)
  • Storage: OCZ revodrive hybrid SSD 1TB
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H60
  • PSU: Cooler Master SPH 1300W

I had a Cooler Master Cosmos when I first built my PC in 2009. It was really nice...but just too big! The thing was a monster! It eventually broke down about 2 year ago and I got a much cheaper Midtower. While I miss the space/cable management of a full tower, I swore I'd never get another full tower. It just takes up too much space. I now really enjoy being able to place my PC on top of my desk.  :holdglass: