helljumper51

A good UV Mapping and basic model Program

Hey all. I personally use a copy of 3ds max to model, but UV mapping is a nightmare. I found a program finally other than zmodeler that allows us to UV map with ease. It is called Ultimate Unrwap 3d pro. It is sthe same price as zmodeler and is way easier to use. I have been playing with it for about an hour and I have already made a full texture, which used to take me about 5 hours.

-Helljumper

Not at all true, you just need to be able to put out in a format that Z2 can interpret correctly in order to dump out of that in V3O.... I use Z1 instead of Z2 to do my work (I find UV easier in that one) but it can interpret my models correctly making it easy to transfer in.  Some formats lose UV mapping as a result of export/import, some don't.  Trial and error gets you a method to your own madness you prefer.  Just because YOUR apps don't have V3O doesnt mean that it can't be used.  Z2 just has to be able to take it in and dump it as v3o without much hassle.

I hate z2 for uv mapping as well, I use Z1 which works a good bit diff (you work in polygonal mode to select what u want to UV instead of vertices).. Makes it a bit easier to get exactly what you want and only what you want.