ENG51INE

Mayberry County [Released]

For those interested here are some reskins which I made: https://mega.nz/#!rVlFCZ7b!6vHlofSHiCWfKTfBMwWHJ1gIlff54knBmfmbhdLg4As

There is Black over Lime for the fire department, White with Blue and Red Stripes for the fire department, and a new look for the Sheriffs Office.

One must download the images you put? Because I downloaded a file with your link, I put in the mod, its changed nothing at all, unless I'm wrong, what is possible, so can you explain to worst of us how to put your changes in our mod ^^

Do you have permission to be releasing your reskins?

Yes I have permission and that's the reason why I am no longer using EMP and haven't been.

Too much of this "you need permission to release that because it has a flower I made on the map" crap going on. It's FREE. If you want copyright laws to be in effect for something you created, the go though the patent and copyright process and spend over $1,000 U.S. Dollars.

Bottom line folks, feel free to use whatever you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MikeyPI
the user understand legal protections on creative works at all, and has made a mis-statement in not understanding copyrights don't need to be applied to creative IP's.

You need a permission to do it for yourself? Because it gave me an idea, I'm trying to do everything on my firefighter gear :sporty:

If you are doing it for yourself then no you don't  need permission just do not post the images on here otherwise they admin will probably say oh do have permission to do that.

For those interested here are some reskins which I made: https://mega.nz/#!rVlFCZ7b!6vHlofSHiCWfKTfBMwWHJ1gIlff54knBmfmbhdLg4As

There is Black over Lime for the fire department, White with Blue and Red Stripes for the fire department, and a new look for the Sheriffs Office.

What program do you use for your skinning?

Your other post was actually unaltered just a note added to the bottom of it stating the truth in the matter, not what you want to believe it to be.  Frankly opinions like that is exactly why nobody wants to take the time to create new content anymore, all everyone wants is to have their efforts respected, but ultimately that is apparently too much to ask and people feel the need to justify stealing other's efforts.  If you don't want to be here anymore, then feel free to leave the site, but not liking what you have to say has very little to do with it.

If everyone respected one another, things could be different, but that's not what certain people want to have happen.  The funny thing about the drama you speak of, is that you yourself are attempting to create more of it.. You can feel free to compose a message or not, that is up to you, but to each their own right.

Have fun moving forward. Perhaps you will learn to respect people later on for the time and effort they put into things instead of justifying ripping them off, though I highly doubt that you'll change unless you yourself take the time and effort and do things to have others disrespect your wishes with regards to it.

It would appear that a certain moderator does not like what I have to say regarding ownership of mods.  As I stated before, if you want to use any aspect of the Mayberry, Manchester, or Boston mods, feel free.  They ARE NOT protected by copyright laws and all components are available on a public forum which does not require payment to obtain them.

With this being said, Boston Mod Guys Modding Team is officially announcing that we will NO LONGER BE USING EMERGENCY PLANET.  There has been way too much drama on here.  I did compose a very lengthy message to send to this said moderator, but it is really not worth the time and effort anymore.

I know this will probably be edited to make it look like I wrote something totally different like my other post was, and you can go ahead and ban me or block me or whatever it is you do, don't really care anymore.

okay bye  :hallo:

It would appear that a certain moderator does not like what I have to say regarding ownership of mods.  As I stated before, if you want to use any aspect of the Mayberry, Manchester, or Boston mods, feel free.  They ARE NOT protected by copyright laws and all components are available on a public forum which does not require payment to obtain them.

With this being said, Boston Mod Guys Modding Team is officially announcing that we will NO LONGER BE USING EMERGENCY PLANET.  There has been way too much drama on here.  I did compose a very lengthy message to send to this said moderator, but it is really not worth the time and effort anymore.

I know this will probably be edited to make it look like I wrote something totally different like my other post was, and you can go ahead and ban me or block me or whatever it is you do, don't really care anymore.

Woah woah woah. So that means that because you used my content in your mod, it means its automatically yours? I'd like to chime in because your mods use a lot of my stuff.

My content is free to use, yes, but you need permission to use my things, and you need to credit me. If you feel that you don't like those terms, then the only right thing for you to do is remove my content from all your mods. Its simple really, you can credit me and not whore out my things to random people or you will have to take my stuff out. Thats my say in it because it involves my things.

Goodbye, and good luck with your modding endeavors.

Man what happend to EMP!

A number of self righteous members decided its okay to screw over content creators. They then complained when these content creators fought for their rights. These members then decided to make the whole thing an issue and blame the content creators instead of themselves for starting this whole mess. The community then splintered into two factions, majority one that finds stealing as acceptable, and the other small minority who make new content but are unwilling to share due to the bad attitude of the majority.

Then when called out on the thefts/lack of crediting/violation of rules, they cry "oppresion" and then blame everyone else. The content creators who get screwed over again and again (like me) then decided to leave the site for good. The majority modders such as this guy decided to leave the site and go to another one (Facebook probably) where there are no copyright rules, so that they can use whatever the heck they like without impunity.

Trouble is, that the only mods left for EM4 are now just reskin mods, now that no new models are being produced. And the only ones to blame are the people who just want new mods regardless of quality. The authors of these so called mods are also to blame. They have their fancy Facebook pages, clan websites and whatnot, as if they're so great. Fact is, that these things are just gimmicks to increase popularity and not improve quality.

The drama is not caused by content creators at all, but by the reskin mod authors who claim oppresion, and the entitled members who feel that it isn't fair that model makers ask for credit. They say that "oh, EmP has become a sh*thole, lets revolt and pillage". Then they form other sites to compete with EmP, but at the end of the day, Em4 modding as a whole is going to die because of the actions of these reskin mods and their authors. The community is also responsible in large for accepting this kind of behavior and attitude.

Jesus. 

I agree with you though; the reason reskins are popular is because mods with new models (a famous example being RCMP mod) take a while and impatience grows.

Not just that. People dont give a **** about mods. New models or not, they will applaud it anyway. I could model this

Outspan-Orange.jpg

and put a lightbar on it and it would be hailed as "unique" and "nice" and "awesome".

The entitled views of the majority don't care about time, effort, respect, dignity, credits, and how mod authors have lives outside of Em4.

The number one thing I hate though is the persecution complex by some members "OOH THE OPRESSION!1111 I CANT STEAL MODELS!!1111"

A good example. Where did you get the idea that the moderators would do such a terrible thing such as censoring you? Or banning you? What wrong have you done besides stating a fallacy? The moderators here aren't proactive. They only deal with you when you are in the wrong or commit a violation of the rules. None of them are out to actively get you in the way your statement implies. They're too busy with real life to give a damn.

And running to Emergency Europe won't save you. As stated by NFK, he and Stan can complain to the webhost of Emergency Europe to have any offending content taken down. If anything, that site will go down along with Em4 modding as a whole.

Until the more mature and respectful members are allowed by the majority to stand up for themselves, Em4 modding will die and basically be relegated to the same 20 vehicles in different skin colors. Reap what you sow.

People dont give a **** about mods. New models or not, they will applaud it anyway

And running to Emergency Europe won't save you. As stated by NFK, he and Stan can complain to the webhost of Emergency Europe to have any offending content taken down. If anything, that site will go down along with Em4 modding as a whole.

First of all, Emergency 4 modding wont die, because there are more communities in the world other than Emergency-Planet. 

Seriously? People don't care about mods? People will always applaud a modification, because nobody is a EM4 modding god (or thinks that he/she is) and everyone starts from the bottom. In my 6-7 years of modding in Emergency 3 and Emergency 4, I learned to envolve, to combine my skills and most of all, to respect and support the work of others, no matter whether they were good or bad, because what people need is encouragement and that's how modding envolves. Nobody can start a full scale modification without the knowledge that a modder with 5+ years of experience in modding has, with a long history of failures (yes, because they also make part of the work in a modification) or knowing all the rules, because I didn't when I started and experience taught me how to proceed.

Besides, who cares about wether mods are reskins or not, anyways? The German (and European) modding community, is basically 90% reskins with models that are free to use (wow, just look at that...). And still, people like the modifications and support them. Why? Because that's precisely how a modding community works. A project can start as a reskin mod, but end as a full scale modification with new models, scripts, lights because people are encouraged to push to their limits and try their best in doing something different. I also was the only modder working in a Portugal Modification for about 2 or 3 years and lots of people were (and currently are) using my stuff, totally natural. I felt that my work had a purpose, I didn't pushed people down when they tried to do something different, I explained that things need to be credited and supported them through their works in their own modifications, because that's what experienced modders are supposed to do. To teach people.

Also, are they going to complain and exterminate the German and other communities, too? Because those are totally different than what you see here, they share materials and most of their modifications are reskins and use the same stuff over and over again, still, the community and experienced members support the authors and encourage them to envolve, by offering help, models, skins and knowledge or do you think that their database came from the sky by parachute? Besides, you don't see any conflicts there, because nobody in there has conspiracy theories that people are taking their stuff and saying they did it. If there's any issue with credits, a simple friendly PM or post will solve the issue.  Take CCC for example, a modder joined all the models in the EM4 world, reskined them and made the biggest civillian vehicle pack in Emergecy 4, nowadays, people are using the models featured in that modification as a base for their own modifcations and you don't see anyone crying about it or taking their modifications down. That's how modding works for them.

First of all, Emergency 4 modding wont die, because there are more communities in the world other than Emergency-Planet. 

Seriously? People don't care about mods? People will always applaud a modification, because nobody is a EM4 modding god (or thinks that he/she is) and everyone starts from the bottom. In my 6-7 years of modding in Emergency 3 and Emergency 4, I learned to envolve, to combine my skills and most of all, to respect and support the work of others, no matter whether they were good or bad, because what people need is encouragement and that's how modding envolves. Nobody can start a full scale modification without the knowledge that a modder with 5+ years of experience in modding has, with a long history of failures (yes, because they also make part of the work in a modification) or knowing all the rules, because I didn't when I started and experience taught me how to proceed.

Besides, who cares about wether mods are reskins or not, anyways? The German (and European) modding community, is basically 90% reskins with models that are free to use (wow, just look at that...). And still, people like the modifications and support them. Why? Because that's precisely how a modding community works. A project can start as a reskin mod, but end as a full scale modification with new models, scripts, lights because people are encouraged to push to their limits and try their best in doing something different. I also was the only modder working in a Portugal Modification for about 2 or 3 years and lots of people were (and currently are) using my stuff, totally natural. I felt that my work had a purpose, I didn't pushed people down when they tried to do something different, I explained that things need to be credited and supported them through their works in their own modifications, because that's what experienced modders are supposed to do. To teach people.

Also, are they going to complain and exterminate the German and other communities, too? Because those are totally different than what you see here, they share materials and most of their modifications are reskins and use the same stuff over and over again, still, the community and experienced members support the authors and encourage them to envolve, by offering help, models, skins and knowledge or do you think that their database came from the sky by parachute? Besides, you don't see any conflicts there, because nobody in there has conspiracy theories that people are taking their stuff and saying they did it. If there's any issue with credits, a simple friendly PM or post will solve the issue.  Take CCC for example, a modder joined all the models in the EM4 world, reskined them and made the biggest civillian vehicle pack in Emergecy 4, nowadays, people are using the models featured in that modification as a base for their own modifcations and you don't see anyone crying about it or taking their modifications down. That's how modding works for them.

My context was for the english speaking community. I am aware of the German forums. As a whole, their mods arent exactly just reskins because most of them take the time to change out parts, add new things, and create new models. Over here, its the minority who are able to do that.

I am not totally against reskin mods, but I do notice that it is the authors of those kinds of mods causing the most trouble on this site. Its just a trend I've noticed over the 5 years I've been lurking on this site and the one year I've actually been a member here.

Problem here is, that many people here start a mod without the experience needed to start one, nor without knowing the rules.

The line I am trying to draw is that there is an increasing trend of the majority not respecting the credits of models and other content. The people who tend to violate this are the reskin mods. So its only natural I feel this way towards them.

There isn't a conspiracy that there is a credit sissue. Many violations over time have occured on this site. Modders such as myself have simply did what we did as an act of self preservation so that our things do not get ripped apart upon release. And yes, some people here believe that the mods should come out of the sky..

At the end of the day, modding works fine for the German community because their members are so much more mature and know the rules. Its not possible to compare EmP and the Germans because they are by far so much more disciplined and know the rights/wrongs of Em4 modding.

Many experienced modders here have tried teaching other members in private but with little success due to the mindset of "instant gratification". Most decided not to continue being taught because they realized that reskin mods are faster and easier than actually learning various skills like scripting and modelling especially.

The difference also, is that in the German forums, the beginners and experienced modders know each other's role on this site. Over here, we have people sassing each other over tiny things and overstepping each other's bounds.

The reason nobody over there is crying about it is because their members credit their content creators. They also make sure to provide adequate documentation. Over there, how many new models are you seeing coming out? Quite a lot, but note how most of the civil car models such as those by TimmyX only get exported over here.

It is not possible to compare here and the German forums, simply because its a different world there.

As of late people have felt compelled to mis-represent their works, which is where the rub comes into play.  Instead of saying yeah this guy (or in truth in most cases these people) created the base content I am using, and where applicable they ask to use it (which requires all the effort of writing the PM saying "hey can I use this for my modification".).  Most people feel they can take what they want from where they want, and totally disregard either asking permission or crediting people.  Truth is itchboy has it 100% correct when he says the german community is a different beast, the few germans who've graced us over the years, most of which decided to leave for much the same reason that we're having problems with once again.   It used to be a fringe group that would have such viewpoints that it was okey to take what you want and screw people over who actually made it, which is why there has never been a need for a "push" to stop the behavior.  Now however, it is commonly accepted by a much larger segment of the community for the sake of having new things to play with faster, which is 100% true that a reskin is massively faster than anything new like scripting or modeling from scratch.  

What people are missing is that the people who take the effort are frankly feeling pretty well disregarded in lieu of more stuff faster, which reduces their incentive to want to take the time to make new things.  Add on top of this the attitude that "hey they're persecuting me and trying to keep me down!" with the effort to sell a witch hunt mentality just further exacerbates the problems...  @Ghost, your concept of how you're seeing things is not as harsh, but has the same idea in mind, that the people complaining and those pursuing it on their behalf are the ones who need to change their ways, that somehow they are being too extreme in addressing these issues when in reality shouldnt it be those who are "new" or mis-informed that should be more willing to admit the wrongs they've committed since after all, if you do nothing wrong, there is no reason to have to involve you in such things?

People seem to be forgetting the ultimate problems that are going about right now, in other communities I've been involved in the way things worked were pretty simple, those that respected the people who made their lives easier by making the content available for them to use simply followed their requests when it came to crediting and permission, and in the end everyone was in a better position for having such content to use instead of having to make their own.  In this community a large faction wishes to make it to where "you should be grateful they're using your content and that people want it, so why should people be accountable to what you as the original creator wishes to have met to use it, the people want it! How dare you question the will of the people!".  Funny thing happens when that mentality takes hold and people start stepping on one another:  The guys who can take the time and effort to make new things, stop bothering to do it because they know not only will their wishes not be respected, but when they question it they're going to face ridicule and harassment because they're standing up for their time and effort.  It's a hobby, and by no means is anyone forced to do it, but the census is that somehow people should be grateful for being ripped off, when I can tell you every community that has developed that mentality has led to people being far more stingy with content (in most instances locking it so it cannot be altered in any way at all) or flat out moving on to other things. 

Whether people want to realize it or not is up to them, but there has to be a certain level of respect out there for one another in their efforts.  Reskinners do contribute to the community, but without the people making the content for them to reskin, they'd have nothing to work with in the first place.  If that is not understood and if people cannot consolidate that important fact and learn to respect the original guy's wishes, there are other fish in the sea as it goes and they can go onto greener pastures in other games, ones which are much newer and have a much larger following.  Remember one important fact:  If you've done nothing wrong, then it is impossible for you to have problems with such things, the funny thing about all of the accused cases I have had to be involved in:  Every one of them claimed innocence, not only claimed it but screamed it from the rooftops, and in the end for every one that I've had to address so far (which hasnt been many actually) they've all been 100% in the wrong and in fact did rip someone off.  The fact of ripping someone off is bad enough, but that coupled with the flat out denials of such behavior makes matters even worse.... Had these same people been honest and candid instead of defensive and trying to play the role of the "persecuted" the whole issue may have been resolved smoother than it was.  Because they opt to make things more difficult, it makes more things more difficult for all parties involved.  Accidental omission is one thing, but when you're trying to defend your position it makes it seem less accidental and more intentional by the minute.

In closing remember, if you're respectful of the original people and take the little bit of extra effort (which is far less than actually having to make it yourself) and figure out who made what and ask their permission to use it/credit them, then you'll not have anything to worry about.  If you opt to just use people's stuff "devil may care" style, then you're going to have problems, and those problems exist only because you've made them exist.  Nobody else is at fault for when you've taken it upon yourself to "short cut" by stealing other's stuff to do it, not the guys who's content you stole, nor the people who try to mediate it.  Most the time you can get permission to use people's stuff, the few exceptions are where you're cloning their stuff in 1/1 replicas (little to no alterations done to it), then I can understand, and I think most people can agree it's unfair for them to do all the work on a mod, someone else to take parts of it for a reskin mod and use them 1/1 as they are just because they can push a release sooner than you.  IE: I'm doing a chicago mod, someone else uses my chicago models/skins in their own rendition of a chicago area mod using other people's stuff mixed in with my stuff, thus saving them a ton of time and making my chicago mod not only redundant, but taking away any special traits it may have once had....  Someone taking my chicago model/skin and making it a florida skin falls into a diff category for my views.

My context was for the english speaking community. I am aware of the German forums. As a whole, their mods arent exactly just reskins because most of them take the time to change out parts, add new things, and create new models. Over here, its the minority who are able to do that.

I am not totally against reskin mods, but I do notice that it is the authors of those kinds of mods causing the most trouble on this site. Its just a trend I've noticed over the 5 years I've been lurking on this site and the one year I've actually been a member here.

Problem here is, that many people here start a mod without the experience needed to start one, nor without knowing the rules.

The line I am trying to draw is that there is an increasing trend of the majority not respecting the credits of models and other content. The people who tend to violate this are the reskin mods. So its only natural I feel this way towards them.

There isn't a conspiracy that there is a credit sissue. Many violations over time have occured on this site. Modders such as myself have simply did what we did as an act of self preservation so that our things do not get ripped apart upon release. And yes, some people here believe that the mods should come out of the sky..

At the end of the day, modding works fine for the German community because their members are so much more mature and know the rules. Its not possible to compare EmP and the Germans because they are by far so much more disciplined and know the rights/wrongs of Em4 modding.

Many experienced modders here have tried teaching other members in private but with little success due to the mindset of "instant gratification". Most decided not to continue being taught because they realized that reskin mods are faster and easier than actually learning various skills like scripting and modelling especially.

The difference also, is that in the German forums, the beginners and experienced modders know each other's role on this site. Over here, we have people sassing each other over tiny things and overstepping each other's bounds.

The reason nobody over there is crying about it is because their members credit their content creators. They also make sure to provide adequate documentation. Over there, how many new models are you seeing coming out? Quite a lot, but note how most of the civil car models such as those by TimmyX only get exported over here.

It is not possible to compare here and the German forums, simply because its a different world there.

Totally agree with you. Guess we've gotta change some mindsets around here. Count me in.

@Ghost, your concept of how you're seeing things is not as harsh, but has the same idea in mind, that the people complaining and those pursuing it on their behalf are the ones who need to change their ways, that somehow they are being too extreme in addressing these issues when in reality shouldnt it be those who are "new" or mis-informed that should be more willing to admit the wrongs they've committed since after all, if you do nothing wrong, there is no reason to have to involve you in such things?

True. I just got involved because want this tense atmosphere to go away. But yes, I totally agree with your post and understand your point of view. Let's hope this gets solved as swiftly as possible, I'll try to do my part.