ENG51INE

Mayberry County [Released]

Totally agree with you. Guess we've gotta change some mindsets around here. Count me in.

True. I just got involved because want this tense atmosphere to go away. But yes, I totally agree with your post and understand your point of view. Let's hope this gets solved as swiftly as possible, I'll try to do my part.

I think most people want the tense atmosphere to go away, I'd be lying if I were to say everyone does, truth is there are many players running about right now with their own agendas out there that are relishing in the drama and taking any opportunity to stir the pot they can. Whatever their reasons are, they're the ones that need to take a step back and the community as a whole needs to cull those people in.  Hopefully this "push" that has came to the surface can be negated and people can manage to act more responsibly and respectful towards one another realizing that without people willing to make new things, there will be nothing to use in the future.  I hope that people can understand one another a bit more, take the time to understand how the other half feels, I for my part do not wish to see the community end up with nothing new to play with, nor do I wish to see things restricted to the point nobody can use anything, prior to the latest events it wasnt a problem to ask for permission to use and credit, hopefully we can find our way back to that place.

Those who want to use other's things should realize it's far less time to ask to use something and to credit as the author wishes compared to having to make new things yourself completely.

Those who make the things others wish to use should try to be reasonable about letting people use their stuff whenever possible.

Those who wish to consume the end-product of both should try to realize how they'd feel given the other people's perspectives.

Everyone should try to remain civil with one another and going forth try to respect one another a bit more, and try to look at one another's perspective before emotions get the best of them.

The majority of the "drama" would never come to pass if people were to just ask someone for something, in most cases they'll let you use it, unless as I've mentioned before you want to take it 100% as-is and do nothing to it, then people will rightfully so probably not be so willing to let it go under that pretense.  If you wanna use something, just ask, it's much easier to ask permission than to have to ask for forgiveness later (less ruffled feathers too).

Hopefully everyone moving forth can remember how things were around here, and try to work their way back to that place to make an atmosphere that is friendly to all people who wanna be here, while those who are just looking to stir up problems and cause issues will hopefully move along and find this community unwelcoming to such conduct and behavior, as we've always tried to maintain the drama-free atmosphere here, we don't want it now anymore than in the past.

I think what needs to be done is if modders want there work protected start copyrighting it. I have been doing research since all of this stuff started and what I found out is once it's released on a public site it becomes fair game for anyone to use and all someone has to do is make a minor change and bam they can call it their own. I do not really agree that it should be way but hey I guess that's what it is. I still think people should still be given the proper credits. I just put a new unit I did into my la mod and I won't even show screen shots of it because I know people will be asking for it because of it being unique

Most people make the same mistake you've made jamn in assuming you require copyright protections to have protection, the truth is that what we do here is considered "intellectual properties" no different than a painting or a drawing would be.  Being that these items are artistic in nature, and given they're protected by copyrights from the actual owners of the factual equivalents, there is not a grounds for a copyright without licensing in place.  In our cases it's just intellectual properties which we have a claim to, and that is ultimately where the claims go for us, whether it be available for free, or for-profit it is protected under those same rights, not unlike software designers that provide their software free-to-use have end-user-license-agreements (ELUA) regardless of the software being provided as-is for free, our EULA's are in essence the documentation included with the original content..  Most people try to overcomplicate the issue, but there ya go as to where that goes, I believe that as a community in order to progress going forth, people have to recognize it's the original people's works, and ultimately respect their wishes (even if you don't agree with their views, it's theirs to do what they want to do).  Nobody that I know myself is wanting to make it to where nobody can use anything they've made at all, but they all want their wishes when it comes to their stuff respected, and that is ultimately where we're at with it.  Nobody in their right mind is going to do something for free, only to be stepped all over and ridiculed because they want their wishes respected, instead they can keep things private or just outright move on from this community.

In the end if someone wants to use something without having to worry about such things as crediting and permissions to use it, they simply can just privately do their alterations as people have in the past.  Nobody can prevent people doing works for themselves in private, and ultimately nobody should prevent that.  Most people want their wishes respected, for most that is crediting them for using it, for others it's asking permissions, in either case if you want to release it in public you should have these issues resolved before you go ahead and release it.

Most people make the same mistake you've made jamn in assuming you require copyright protections to have protection, the truth is that what we do here is considered "intellectual properties" no different than a painting or a drawing would be. Being that these items are artistic in nature, and given they're protected by copyrights from the actual owners of the factual equivalents, there is not a grounds for a copyright without licensing in place. In our cases it's just intellectual properties which we have a claim to, and that is ultimately where the claims go for us, whether it be available for free, or for-profit it is protected under those same rights, not unlike software designers that provide their software free-to-use have end-user-license-agreements (ELUA) regardless of the software being provided as-is for free, our EULA's are in essence the documentation included with the original content.. Most people try to overcomplicate the issue, but there ya go as to where that goes, I believe that as a community in order to progress going forth, people have to recognize it's the original people's works, and ultimately respect their wishes (even if you don't agree with their views, it's theirs to do what they want to do). Nobody that I know myself is wanting to make it to where nobody can use anything they've made at all, but they all want their wishes when it comes to their stuff respected, and that is ultimately where we're at with it. Nobody in their right mind is going to do something for free, only to be stepped all over and ridiculed because they want their wishes respected, instead they can keep things private or just outright move on from this community.

In the end if someone wants to use something without having to worry about such things as crediting and permissions to use it, they simply can just privately do their alterations as people have in the past. Nobody can prevent people doing works for themselves in private, and ultimately nobody should prevent that. Most people want their wishes respected, for most that is crediting them for using it, for others it's asking permissions, in either case if you want to release it in public you should have these issues resolved before you go ahead and release it.

That's makes a lot of sense the way you put it now I better understand where you guys are coming from on it and I agree with proper credits 100% and all and most modders if you ask permission will let you use there stuff as long as you ask first and use proper credits.

Ok, apparently this has gotten way out of hand.....

What I meant is that you don't need to keep asking me permission to use my MAPS and MODS, feel free to use them.  

I never said you don't need to give anyone credit or use OTHER PEOPLE'S creations without permission.

I think this is what has caused all the issues here.  You should always seek permission and always give credit where credit is due.  I have all the credits and permissions in all of the readme files for all the mods I have been a part of.

Many times people will message me and I either don't get the notification, or don't see if for weeks and sometimes months, so that is why I said it was ok to use my stuff without asking me, and giving a broad statement of "you have my permission".

I apologize for the way that message was received as I think that is what caused the whole issue between MikeyPi and myself.

Ok, apparently this has gotten way out of hand.....

What I meant is that you don't need to keep asking me permission to use my MAPS and MODS, feel free to use them.  

I never said you don't need to give anyone credit or use OTHER PEOPLE'S creations without permission.

I think this is what has caused all the issues here.  You should always seek permission and always give credit where credit is due.  I have all the credits and permissions in all of the readme files for all the mods I have been a part of.

Many times people will message me and I either don't get the notification, or don't see if for weeks and sometimes months, so that is why I said it was ok to use my stuff without asking me, and giving a broad statement of "you have my permission".

I apologize for the way that message was received as I think that is what caused the whole issue between MikeyPi and myself.

That is your right as the creator of the content you're responsible for, if you want to allow it "free to use" without permissions required, with or without credit requirements for the parts you've done in them, you may choose to do so.  Where you believe that I somehow have an issue with you in particular, the issues that are currently abound are unfortunately in the community at large, not any one particular user.  The way your statement read, led to my mis-understanding it believing you intended all aspects of the mods, not just your parts within them, which is why I ultimately added the edited edition.  If I misunderstood your statement, my bad for that part of it, it may have been mis-interpreted, and your follow-up statement here states this was the case.

Most of the things that I've stated in this topic is directed to the community at large, correcting mis-information that people have regarding such issues, such as in regard to copyrights (while, a term we commonly use, the specific terminology is Intellectual Property).  I'm kinda hoping most people respect those who've made the things they use, but more than a "fringe" as of late has come forth with differing beliefs in this regards.  So as I said my statements while made in this topic, are ultimately for the community-at-large, not any one specific user, even if certain users bring up a statement which encourages me to make the statement.  I commonly "bundle" statements rather than speaking to any one person, when I do it tends to be pretty clear (usually quoted as I've done here).

Anywho, I hope people can get it straight and everything calms down, but we'll see and time will tell... I'd much rather not have to mediate all these things out and have the people involved discuss the matters themselves, but sometimes we gotta step in.. Take care, goodluck with whatever you may get into in the future.

That is your right as the creator of the content you're responsible for, if you want to allow it "free to use" without permissions required, with or without credit requirements for the parts you've done in them, you may choose to do so.  Where you believe that I somehow have an issue with you in particular, the issues that are currently abound are unfortunately in the community at large, not any one particular user.  The way your statement read, led to my mis-understanding it believing you intended all aspects of the mods, not just your parts within them, which is why I ultimately added the edited edition.  If I misunderstood your statement, my bad for that part of it, it may have been mis-interpreted, and your follow-up statement here states this was the case.

Most of the things that I've stated in this topic is directed to the community at large, correcting mis-information that people have regarding such issues, such as in regard to copyrights (while, a term we commonly use, the specific terminology is Intellectual Property).  I'm kinda hoping most people respect those who've made the things they use, but more than a "fringe" as of late has come forth with differing beliefs in this regards.  So as I said my statements while made in this topic, are ultimately for the community-at-large, not any one specific user, even if certain users bring up a statement which encourages me to make the statement.  I commonly "bundle" statements rather than speaking to any one person, when I do it tends to be pretty clear (usually quoted as I've done here).

Anywho, I hope people can get it straight and everything calms down, but we'll see and time will tell... I'd much rather not have to mediate all these things out and have the people involved discuss the matters themselves, but sometimes we gotta step in.. Take care, goodluck with whatever you may get into in the future.

I apologize for my outburst as I did it mostly out of anger.  I think it was an error on my part where the misunderstanding took place as after I have reread the initial statement, I can understand why you interpreted it the way you did.  Like I said recently, I do believe in giving credit where it is due, that was not my issue at all and no one should be publishing content without giving credit to the initial creators.

I will step away from the keyboard in the future and reevaluate my thoughts before I publicly display them.

I have not had an issue with it nor has anyone I have played multiplayer with...  I will look at it again on a different computer and see if I can recreate it.

It does happen mostly when there is a fire on the outside of the map (eg the forest above station 2 and station 1) but works perfect with the forest near the hospital.

Even in the default game in my experience the plane would have a habit of "missing" the mark if it were close to the edge of the map.  I think it has to do with how the plane does it's "pass" that when it's on the edge it'll drop too soon or too late.  Not much they can do for that other than to limit the fire activity from going to the outer edges.

I have not had an issue with it nor has anyone I have played multiplayer with...  I will look at it again on a different computer and see if I can recreate it.

It is an issue we have ran into during clan play it only happens on the outer edges of the map so on the clan side we don't have them call it out anymore.

Does anyone know where the speed is defined when adding new units to the map, it's not the unit folder because there placed in the editor.

Go to scrpits/game/mission then open the free play.xml the speeds of the on map vehicles are in there. Make a back up copy of that file though in case it doesn't work.