ENG51INE

Mayberry County [Released]

For some reason all of the Ambulances refuse to transport to the hospital. I click the command, but they never move. There's no error, they don't get stuck, they just stay in one place. I'm assuming this has to be a problem on my end since no one else is reporting it, but do you have any idea what it could be?

I might be stating the obvious.... but re-install the mod.

We haven't changed any hydrants so there are no less than other versions. It is hard to get into the corners on any map.

In the map editor, you can expand the map margins and make it easier to get to those edge spots.

For some reason all of the Ambulances refuse to transport to the hospital. I click the command, but they never move. There's no error, they don't get stuck, they just stay in one place. I'm assuming this has to be a problem on my end since no one else is reporting it, but do you have any idea what it could be?

I've noticed the same thing and brought it up a page or two back.  It was explained to me by the mod creator that there was a path issue.  I also had the issue of ambulances sitting in the street in front of the hospital.  The creators of the mod made it like this to be a bit more realistic.  Wouldn't be too much of a problem if traffic didn't pile up while the ambulance figured out where to go.  Also, the Dodge 5500 ambulance would get stuck under the entrance.  My solution is to go into the editor and find the virtual object named "hospital_entrance" and move it directly outside and in front of the door.  Your ambulances will find a path to that point a lot easier.  It does decrease the amount of your ambulances spend at the hospital, which it IS unrealistic for a ambulance to spend less than a minute at the hospital but it makes life a little easier.

ANOTHER and easier solution is to direct your ambulances to move to the parking lot next to the hospital, where the security cars are.  Then click on the "go to hospital" command.  It will take a minute for the ambulance to get to the entrance, but it doesn't jam traffic and create a headache.

I've noticed the same thing and brought it up a page or two back. It was explained to me by the mod creator that there was a path issue. I also had the issue of ambulances sitting in the street in front of the hospital. The creators of the mod made it like this to be a bit more realistic. Wouldn't be too much of a problem if traffic didn't pile up while the ambulance figured out where to go. Also, the Dodge 5500 ambulance would get stuck under the entrance. My solution is to go into the editor and find the virtual object named "hospital_entrance" and move it directly outside and in front of the door. Your ambulances will find a path to that point a lot easier. It does decrease the amount of your ambulances spend at the hospital, which it IS unrealistic for a ambulance to spend less than a minute at the hospital but it makes life a little easier.

ANOTHER and easier solution is to direct your ambulances to move to the parking lot next to the hospital, where the security cars are. Then click on the "go to hospital" command. It will take a minute for the ambulance to get to the entrance, but it doesn't jam traffic and create a headache.

This was all fixed back in V1.3 and also in V1.4 and again in V1.4.1. I have not been able to recreate this issue as the ambulances are al set to park in the "keep clear" area next to the hospital. Every time I have played it, or one of the members of the mod team, the ambulances have followed their path to this parking area. I am not sure why you or anyone else continues to have this issue.

That makes two of us, bud! I have to say, that is the ONLY issue I've had.  All in all, very good job on a very good mod.  Hats off to you, sir!

I do have another question, regarding the volunteers.  So does the script not allow for you to call volunteers back for another run unless all of them have left the fire station?  I toned them to the station to respond to the epic fire in station four's ward.  After the fire, I sent them back to Station 3 and sent them home after doffing their gear. Well, a gas explosion occurred in Ward 3 and I tried to call them back with no  luck.  I did notice that there was one volunteer POV in the parking lot that didn't leave and wouldn't leave.  I was wondering if that was the reason or not.  Any thoughts on that?  Not a big issue at all, it really doesn't effect gameplay at all.  I was just curious if it was possible to use the Volunteer Call Out command more than once.

Quick question, How would one go about if at all possible to edit the amount of water that the units carry, I just want to edit some of the units to make it a bit more realistic at least for where I come from.

It's in the limited water supply script. Right now engines are all 1,000 gallons and tankers are 3,000 gallons

This mod is pretty dang cool. The only thing I don't like is how there aren't any Medics with the Vol. Station over on the bottom right. Is it possible to have a "Medical" tone out? So Medically trained Vols respond? I think that'd be a lot better so there can be more medics around the map.

it be cool if trucks could refill water tanks in the station ;'(

I just use the Hydrant out front of the station.

It's in the limited water supply script. Right now engines are all 1,000 gallons and tankers are 3,000 gallons

Oh I see, It I was gunna try and change the Brush trucks to 300 and the one engine with a large tank on the back to 1500 or 2000 gal but I guess its not possible. Thanks though! :)

I just use the Hydrant out front of the station.

Oh I see, It I was gunna try and change the Brush trucks to 300 and the one engine with a large tank on the back to 1500 or 2000 gal but I guess its not possible. Thanks though! :)

You actually can. All you need to do is define various water levels in the script, then set conditions for them below so that certain specific vehicles use these defined water levels.

I've noticed the same thing and brought it up a page or two back.  It was explained to me by the mod creator that there was a path issue.  I also had the issue of ambulances sitting in the street in front of the hospital.  The creators of the mod made it like this to be a bit more realistic.  Wouldn't be too much of a problem if traffic didn't pile up while the ambulance figured out where to go.  Also, the Dodge 5500 ambulance would get stuck under the entrance.  My solution is to go into the editor and find the virtual object named "hospital_entrance" and move it directly outside and in front of the door.  Your ambulances will find a path to that point a lot easier.  It does decrease the amount of your ambulances spend at the hospital, which it IS unrealistic for a ambulance to spend less than a minute at the hospital but it makes life a little easier.

ANOTHER and easier solution is to direct your ambulances to move to the parking lot next to the hospital, where the security cars are.  Then click on the "go to hospital" command.  It will take a minute for the ambulance to get to the entrance, but it doesn't jam traffic and create a headache.

I tried manually moving the ambulances to both the parking lot, and in front of the hospital, but they still didn't go anywhere. I'm going to try and move the virtual objects and see if that helps. Thanks.

I've been noticing a bug with the SE volunteer station where two green landrovers show up, but only one leaves. The volunteers get out of their own vehicles, but carpool home! I wouldnt care except for the fact that unless all the volunteers take their own vehicles all the way home, they cannot return and I have to start a new freeplay or call an extra engine from out of the map to fill up the station with regular guys. This doesnt happen all the time, and its not game breaking, but just so youre aware of it. This is in 1.4.1. Otherwise its an awesome mod, good job guys!