Paul Spain

How to make police use bullhorn

I notice in both the U.S. and German versions of this game there is a file of police hollering on a bullhorn to the demonstrators..Yet in game play this never seems to happen, Is there a way to make the police holler at the crowds with a bullhorn? What key do I push?

PS..Not sure if this goes here..If not a admin can move it.

Is this on the negotiator unit? Or on the police helicopter? EM4 with NO MODS?

The negotiator can only use the megaphone in hostage situations where he will use it to communicate with the hostage taker. For demonstrations, he can only talk to one protester at a time and the effect is that it will pacify the protester for several seconds, but he will still fight units. If you use this command on the lead protester with the sign, there is a small randomly calcluated chance that he or she will leave the area and the protest will disperse by itself. Most of the time though, it has no effect and in fact aggravates the demonstrators to start throwing molotovs.

There is no other function in game with the megaphone except this. The sound file unused and intended to be on the helicopter ordering a building to be evacuated.

Someone with scripting abilities can VERY EASILY create a custom script that allows police to use megaphones and issue commands but someone would need to create the audio files for that.

And yes, this is in the right place.

I see..That explains alot..When I saw that file and listened to it I thought it was used when dealing with the demonstrators crowded around the entrance of a building.