Terrow

[WIP]Western NY Mod (PRIVATE)

Wow amazing! Did you use ps to do the map texture?

Yes

Found a cool suburban on Google and decided to use it as the volunteer agency fly car for the small town

7627e29490.jpg

671ca7493f.jpg

itchboys suburban

Just a tip from the powers that be herr... You can't just go round the interwebz grabbing things off of for ex google without figuring out who to credit and getting their permissions to use it as such, the exception for permissions is conversions from another game like itchboy does, but you still must credit the proper author(s) either way.

Just a tip from the powers that be herr... You can't just go round the interwebz grabbing things off of for ex google without figuring out who to credit and getting their permissions to use it as such, the exception for permissions is conversions from another game like itchboy does, but you still must credit the proper author(s) either way.

I know, I've been using everything from mods on this site and have asked permission (minus the models I've created myself). Maybe I said that a little wrong :P but I was searching google images for suburbans and found a cool one from Maryland and textured it by myself after it on itchboys suburban.

I make sure to credit the original authors on all of my converted models despite the many modifications I do to them. Often times the current state of the model is very different from the original, but I at least make sure to give credit where it is due.

Unfortunately, many modders who use my models forget to include original authors. Its nice to be credited for something but it just feels wrong that the respective game companies/authors dont get their names included. Maybe you mods could make it a rule or something.

I know, I've been using everything from mods on this site and have asked permission (minus the models I've created myself). Maybe I said that a little wrong :P but I was searching google images for suburbans and found a cool one from Maryland and textured it by myself after it on itchboys suburban.

Suburban looks great. Just credit me for the model. Although its pretty obvious its my model, some first time visitors to the site wouldnt know who made it.

@ itchboy it is a rule to credit/get permissions for content ya use and release, as a general morality standpoint and ease of course I find it better to do what terrow has done and credit with each updated picture (makes crediting easier to keep track of imo for one and it's always good to make sure credit goes where due).  I was generalizing that comment about google, because alotta people go ahead and hit up sketchup and assume oh i dun have to credit, so I wanted to make that clear ya can't just go and take things, get permission n credit where it's due.  Always a good thing to do but I didnt wanna have to go into a whole thing over it =)

@ itchboy it is a rule to credit/get permissions for content ya use and release, as a general morality standpoint and ease of course I find it better to do what terrow has done and credit with each updated picture (makes crediting easier to keep track of imo for one and it's always good to make sure credit goes where due).  I was generalizing that comment about google, because alotta people go ahead and hit up sketchup and assume oh i dun have to credit, so I wanted to make that clear ya can't just go and take things, get permission n credit where it's due.  Always a good thing to do but I didnt wanna have to go into a whole thing over it =)

Yeah. I see. Wasn't there a ban on sketchup models here many years ago?

My only issue is that people often forget to credit the game studios who made the orignal base models which I converted. At least some mods were kind enough to include the readme files from my car pack which had lists of authors in them.

Really sketchup models are horrible to even attempt to use, most of them are poor at credits, so we really frown upon them, sketchup conversions are generally not allowed unless made by YOU using sketchup.  Sketchup doesnt make a model very cleanly so it makes junk models compared to other apps out there.  For the purposes of just showing off the models sketchup is fine, but not application in a game.

More of an issue you need to ride em about tbh, they credit you but not the other people you should call em out and make sure they credit appropriately.  We really don't have the time to police every topic out there and generally only get involved when someone points it out and they have had non-compliance from the offender in correcting the issue.  We are more of a last resort type of force, not a get up in everything type of policia.. Can't expect us to be up on top of everything, if you can't resolve the issue yourself someone is refusing to be compliant then is where we come in.  Perhaps make em keep the original readme with the packages?  Alot of game modders require that with their packages, it's fairly common on other platforms out there.  As the author you set the terms of usage and can mandate what "hoops" they gotta jump thru if they want the convenience of using your goodies.

Anywho that's bout it, sry terrow for hijacking ur thread for this, any other q n a can go into PM with me and I'll answer it thar.

Yeah. I see. Wasn't there a ban on sketchup models here many years ago?

My only issue is that people often forget to credit the game studios who made the orignal base models which I converted. At least some mods were kind enough to include the readme files from my car pack which had lists of authors in them.

that is what i have i credit you when i show pictures of the models and have the aurthors from your packs in River Falls mod folder