Handsup!

Reducing Spread of Fire

Hey.

Quick, simple question, is there any way I can reduce how fast fires spread? Because as soon as a fire hits a tree, the whole neighbourhood is burnt to a crisp.

Thanks!

I want to know this too, I can't find anything anywhere :/ I also want to know how to make fires take longer time to put out like in the Fire Academy mod.

You want it longer or shorter?
The extinguish script contains this line:

float Energy;if(v.GetVehicleType()==VT_FIREFIGHTERS_TLF)	Energy = 25.0f;elseif(v.GetVehicleType()==VT_FIREFIGHTERS_FLB)	Energy = 30.0f;elseif(v.GetVehicleType()==VT_FIREFIGHTERS_LPF)	Energy = 25.0f;else	Energy = 70.0f;

Increase the value if you want fires out quickly. This only affects the TLF, FLB, LPF, and Fire Fighting Airplane.

float Energy = (Caller->GetEquipment()==EQUIP_FIREHOSE) ? 20.0f : 12.5f;

This value controls the extinguish for the persons. The first value (20.0f) is the strength of firehoses. The second value is the strength of fire extinguishers. The higher the number the better extinguishing power.

They are. The line of code that is used is a ternary operator. Note the question mark. It is basically a heavilly shortened if - else condition.

float Energy = (Caller->GetEquipment()==EQUIP_FIREHOSE) ? 20.0f : 12.5f;

This means...
If the caller's equipment is a firehose, then float Energy is 20.0f. Otherwise it is 12.5f