First of all, this does not need hate, from those who don't like it. If you dislike my idea, then tell me the issue.

Here I my Em4 mod ideas. (1 As of now.)

1. 911 First Responders, 1955.

I honestly love the mods that people have made. But I've always seen a little something missing. A blast in the past. Now of course, there's the Submod for LA mod, making some of the vehicles old fashioned, but why not the entire mod?

I've been playing a lot of Mafia 2 recently, and I was, of course, in a police chase. Now it was fun and all, but it had me thinking. What if I saw this is Em4. I think it's a nice concept, and I just want it to be thought about. It'd be nice to see street battles with Tommies, and Smiths. Or see a Huey fly in, to take on a Mafia stronghold. Or just an old fire team, at work.

Because of less tech in the 50s, it brings a challenge to the game, which is something we could use a little of. Not spamming the SWAT team on a petty crook, or sending a fire plane at a bench fire. It's something to consider. And to help with what it would, in a way, look like, here's vehicles that could be present in such a mod.

~And I bid you, a good day.~

79ef78292fc9aa04459c05eb42e591a5.jpg

638748d4c46fae88c5d7b6b416934373.jpg

a327009c5130920b94422338109803e2.jpg

5889b7f21db4d0fd83d2a7e6d53fbea0.jpg

241c8b349c694ccc79c2bfd1da290c32.jpg

bfaaf53ba8d7de38db654105fc162c24.jpg

43538598519543b5680036504b381d8b.jpg

0b9f0eb7287d5bc2dbab4b0d4a55471e.jpg

cdf326c90480b485654d4c5e1a31520a.jpg

48c786f59704eb9d6e7a4b9a6892de92.jpg

08da907b16820f488fad6752c7e8a48e.jpg

6f2613b637364bb7fcdae6980aef5ee1.jpg

2ab71b175457b9034dead9aeec54e2a4.jpg

df3f2ab250b58ce344e63a087592be56.jpg

0b7c3e587b03dabd0fc4db2819258497.jpg

{To Protect, And Serve...} [emoji631]

I've thought seriously about this previously, the primary problem is sourcing a factual place to do this with, now a fictional based locale would be more practical as you can use anything that is generally popular for the era... Tbh I was thinking of going even further back, but I don't know if that will ever come to fruition because of the sheer effort required in making all new vehicles and accompanying scripts for a historical context.

I've thought seriously about this previously, the primary problem is sourcing a factual place to do this with, now a fictional based locale would be more practical as you can use anything that is generally popular for the era... Tbh I was thinking of going even further back, but I don't know if that will ever come to fruition because of the sheer effort required in making all new vehicles and accompanying scripts for a historical context.

True. I think a common grounds (and Cliche) for this sort of thing, is New York. Though it would a bit difficult to find exactly what NY had. But it would be very interesting, and it is something to think about. I'm sure if the right scripters come along, it may be possible. Also, how far back were you considering?

If I were going to do old cars, I would want to go back to around the depression era/prohibition era, the cars are very cool but fairly simple to create, but it would require extensive scripting to make it work because of the lack of technical advancement in the era they could not deal with some of the events that occur in the game. Keeping it balanced would require replacing them.  The models themselves are not a problem, finding a way to "complete" the game within the era was the thorn I ran into with it.. Even with NYC it is nearly impossible to source that far back for how the apparatus looked along with what was used.., and NYC is a very well documented city.

Moderator related:  Delly, try to not double post (post multiple times in a row, if you need to change a post in the future just use the edit button found at the bottom right of your post).

Perhaps end the "specific city" idea and just make a fictional city and say "I'm only going to use vehicles from 1930 to 1945" and that should get you enough range of units I think. And remember mods like the LA mod have spoiled us, it really doesn't take that many units to play the game. I think the biggest thing would really be changing the civil cars to the correct period too, probably best done as a update to the additional "units only mod". Perhaps it would be even easier to set the mod in a small ruralish area where you wouldn't even need to make that many units and you could just add packs of units at later dates.

If I were going to do old cars, I would want to go back to around the depression era/prohibition era, the cars are very cool but fairly simple to create, but it would require extensive scripting to make it work because of the lack of technical advancement in the era they could not deal with some of the events that occur in the game. Keeping it balanced would require replacing them. The models themselves are not a problem, finding a way to "complete" the game within the era was the thorn I ran into with it.. Even with NYC it is nearly impossible to source that far back for how the apparatus looked along with what was used.., and NYC is a very well documented city.

Moderator related: Delly, try to not double post (post multiple times in a row, if you need to change a post in the future just use the edit button found at the bottom right of your post).

That's an interesting concept. Old, but functional. And it would prove itself difficult, on the account of dating back to the apparatus. I think it is a project to consider, for anyone willing to do the work.

I apologize, for the double post. I'll see that it does not reoccur.

Perhaps end the "specific city" idea and just make a fictional city and say "I'm only going to use vehicles from 1930 to 1945" and that should get you enough range of units I think. And remember mods like the LA mod have spoiled us, it really doesn't take that many units to play the game. I think the biggest thing would really be changing the civil cars to the correct period too, probably best done as a update to the additional "units only mod". Perhaps it would be even easier to set the mod in a small ruralish area where you wouldn't even need to make that many units and you could just add packs of units at later dates.

I honestly couldn't agree more. It'd make it easier on the modders, and still keep the unit arsenal wide for those who like it that way. Thanks for that. And it is best not to look for a specific city. I like that, since You could name it yourself, and make designing vehicles easier, seeing as you don't have to look for old emblems, or uniforms. I like that a lot. Thanks for that, really.

Moderator Task: Delly, when responding you don't have to double-post to quote multiple people, on the menubar at the bottom right there is a button that says "multiquote" Click this under each post you wish to quote, and it will permit you to reply to them within the same post.  (saves a double posting).  I merged your previous two posts.

@ Fred, yep la mod spoiled people, but aside from that in the original gameplay aspect you require some vehicles that just did not exist back then, so filling in a "complete" mod isnt as easy going back as far as I would with it.  I'm a go big or go home kinda guy with the idea though...  Making a fictional mod would be the only way you can really try to pull this idea off IMO, easier would be closer to recent era, say 1960 or so would be much easier to do than a full blown historical mod.  Remember back in the day they did not have divers as they do today (the navy had some going back a while but police/fire/ems certainly did not)  Mobile cranes were extremely rare to exist back then, the few that did were huge, even covering basic vehiculars is a toughie to pull off, but in a fictional sense far more practical to do.  Alot of the mission types have to be removed from play though as you can't respond with era equiptment.  Most cities going back historically didnt have traffic signals till the advent of abundant electricity, even then still took some time to develop true signals. Most cities ran stop signs and traffic direction for a good long time.  Like I said, I like the idea honestly, it just is alot of work to properly pull it off, a basic reskin/model swap would be sadly lacking imo.

Moderator Task: Delly, when responding you don't have to double-post to quote multiple people, on the menubar at the bottom right there is a button that says "multiquote" Click this under each post you wish to quote, and it will permit you to reply to them within the same post. (saves a double posting). I merged your previous two posts.

@ Fred, yep la mod spoiled people, but aside from that in the original gameplay aspect you require some vehicles that just did not exist back then, so filling in a "complete" mod isnt as easy going back as far as I would with it. I'm a go big or go home kinda guy with the idea though... Making a fictional mod would be the only way you can really try to pull this idea off IMO, easier would be closer to recent era, say 1960 or so would be much easier to do than a full blown historical mod. Remember back in the day they did not have divers as they do today (the navy had some going back a while but police/fire/ems certainly did not) Mobile cranes were extremely rare to exist back then, the few that did were huge, even covering basic vehiculars is a toughie to pull off, but in a fictional sense far more practical to do. Alot of the mission types have to be removed from play though as you can't respond with era equiptment. Most cities going back historically didnt have traffic signals till the advent of abundant electricity, even then still took some time to develop true signals. Most cities ran stop signs and traffic direction for a good long time. Like I said, I like the idea honestly, it just is alot of work to properly pull it off, a basic reskin/model swap would be sadly lacking imo.

Ah, I see now. Thank you.

Regarding the mod, yes a lot of things would have to be removed to be historically correct, which is an issue. Maybe it's best, for a start, to know how one would approach it. A more modern time could serve useful, but not too far. I still want, at least, a similar look to 1955. It has really nice vehicles.

I love the idea of having an old style mod. Especially the older emergency vehicles with the red flashing light :D But like Mikey said it will take a hell of alot of effort to make. I mean it takes long enough to make a mod with modern day vehicles, equipment, lighting, etc.

I agree, a mod based in the past is something pretty exciting, but making it work is the major issue. Seemingly the issue to most mods, that aren't using other mods as their start point.

I agree, a mod based in the past is something pretty exciting, but making it work is the major issue. Seemingly the issue to most mods, that aren't using other mods as their start point.

This is true, because when you make a mod using another one as a base you're pretty much half way to completing it.

That works with a basic model swap, where the gameplay is essentially the same (like LA to Miami or Houston or something of the like) but to go from LA modern to a historical context requires basically starting over since the original game unmolested can't work historically... If I approached this task I'd do it from the ground-up in the original game since it is more limited, adding what I could and omitting modern things that cannot be made for the era.

That works with a basic model swap, where the gameplay is essentially the same (like LA to Miami or Houston or something of the like) but to go from LA modern to a historical context requires basically starting over since the original game unmolested can't work historically... If I approached this task I'd do it from the ground-up in the original game since it is more limited, adding what I could and omitting modern things that cannot be made for the era.

I agree. It'd be hard to use anything else as a base anyway. I think there was some mod that had historical-ish units, but I believe it was Em3, and it was broken.