randomperson139

Emergency 5 at Gamescom

Is anyone on here attending Gamescom? For anybody that is, or decides to go, EM5 can be played at the Deep Silver booth.

Attendees of Gamescom can be among the first to play EMERGENCY 5 on Deep Silvers' consumer booth in Hall 9.1., B11/C10.

http://www.deepsilver.com/news/newsdetails/article/emergency-5-2/

If anyone is going, let us know what the game is actually like at the moment! :P

From what I saw:

Pros:

Looks to have accelerating and decelerating

Parking system where the truck won't end up 90 degree parked perpendicular to the sidewalk making for easy pull ups

Lights look good

More realistic hose bend and physics

Hurst Tool comes with a generator

Stretcher system and animation look very cool

Map looks well made

Pedestrians and personnel look very well made and animations as well

Cons:

Trucks move unrealistically fast

At about 5:12 Im pretty sure I saw the guy walk through the truck

Seems to have the fire health system from Rescue 2013 (not a fan)

Emergency HQ no firehouses or stations etc

Looks like the world famous stationary 180 is back 8:35

My 2 cents. Glad to see they finally have gotten to this point with a completely redefined emergency game. I just hope everyone here realizes that its going to be a LONG time before it is up to par with Emergency 4, mods and all. All scripts, buildings, sounds, commands, vehicles etc that were made by the first nodders in EM4 are going to have be relearned and redone for EM5. Don't expect to load up EM5 and be playing LA Mod anytime soon. Things will be different and things will take time. Be ready to be playing default EM5 for a while. Making new maps shouldn't be difficult but when it comes to reshaping the game into an american mod or making new vehicles, its gonna be a while. :(

I think the game looks great and the lights on the fire truck are a real improvement. Of course the game isn't going to meet the same standard were accustomed to, but its gonna be a lot better than  the original emergency 4 and hopefully the game is easier to mod so we wont have to deal with the mundane for too long. 

What is that civilian car doing when the fire truck pulls up? It appears as if its trying to get out of the way if so then the AI has def been improved! 

My 2 cents. Glad to see they finally have gotten to this point with a completely redefined emergency game. I just hope everyone here realizes that its going to be a LONG time before it is up to par with Emergency 4, mods and all. All scripts, buildings, sounds, commands, vehicles etc that were made by the first nodders in EM4 are going to have be relearned and redone for EM5. Don't expect to load up EM5 and be playing LA Mod anytime soon. Things will be different and things will take time. Be ready to be playing default EM5 for a while. Making new maps shouldn't be difficult but when it comes to reshaping the game into an american mod or making new vehicles, its gonna be a while. :(

Yeah..I also noticed at around 9 minutes the firetruck went right through the doctors car.

A few things I've noticed also...

• The flying camera scenes on the intro are similar to the ones from EM2012 and the 2 games after that.
  • The helicopter flyby is a reference to the TEC helicopters in the EM4 tutorial.
  • @ 1:23....an airship?! Cool!!!
  • The vehicle move command appears to rely on rectangles on the road instead of letting us choose a point in the road like EM4
  • Vehicle lighting system seems good. Wont judge it though till we get to see the editor
  • Equipment doors on firetruck open up as soon as crew disembarks. Same with doctors car.
  • Firefighter actually has to remove the person from the wrecked car
  • I actually laughed when the firetruck turned around in place....

Overall, looks very promising!

Regarding what raf said, I certainly agree that it will take time for us to learn how to make EM5 as good as modded EM4 because as it stands now, stock EM5 is gameplay wise as good as stock EM4.

Reshaping the mod wouldnt take much time if what they say about the map editor is true. Vehicles and objects would be the challenge though seeing as how we would need to HEAVILLY modify most existing content for it to work in EM5. At least the models in mods like the RCMP, Manhattan and Brooklyn mods are detailed enough for them to be put into the game without causing a noticeable gap in quality compared to the content in EM5.

From what I can see, to convert vehicles, we probably need to make the vehicles alpha mapping, specular mapping and bump mapping (apart from getting the 3d model into the game). This is just basic texture work that most modders can probably do. This appears to be a necessary step seing as how other RTS games of this genre rely on those maps to make their vehicles appear more detailed then they actually are since newer gen games use pixel shader effects.

Person skins would all have to be created from scratch seeing as how the new game uses different, more detailed models than EM4.

Objects would be similar to vehicles I guess, seing as how they are only background items.

Houses would be different though because we would need to model their interiors and walls for them to be functional in EM5.

I wont hold my breath with scripting because we dont actually know yet how the new scripting language works.

• @ 1:23....an airship?! Cool!!!                 Itchbuy its a zepeling xd, still used in Europe.

But it looks great, but personally i think that you cant move the cars free etc because this is a toturial mission, but the things you see already looks great, and keep in mind, first version of every game always have bugs, and they still can fix it and after that there always can be released patches, but it looks great already!

Yeah..I also noticed at around 9 minutes the firetruck went right through the doctors car.

A few things I've noticed also...

• The flying camera scenes on the intro are similar to the ones from EM2012 and the 2 games after that.
  • The helicopter flyby is a reference to the TEC helicopters in the EM4 tutorial.
  • @ 1:23....an airship?! Cool!!!
  • The vehicle move command appears to rely on rectangles on the road instead of letting us choose a point in the road like EM4
  • Vehicle lighting system seems good. Wont judge it though till we get to see the editor
  • Equipment doors on firetruck open up as soon as crew disembarks. Same with doctors car.
  • Firefighter actually has to remove the person from the wrecked car
  • I actually laughed when the firetruck turned around in place....

Overall, looks very promising!

Regarding what raf said, I certainly agree that it will take time for us to learn how to make EM5 as good as modded EM4 because as it stands now, stock EM5 is gameplay wise as good as stock EM4.

Reshaping the mod wouldnt take much time if what they say about the map editor is true. Vehicles and objects would be the challenge though seeing as how we would need to HEAVILLY modify most existing content for it to work in EM5. At least the models in mods like the RCMP, Manhattan and Brooklyn mods are detailed enough for them to be put into the game without causing a noticeable gap in quality compared to the content in EM5.

From what I can see, to convert vehicles, we probably need to make the vehicles alpha mapping, specular mapping and bump mapping (apart from getting the 3d model into the game). This is just basic texture work that most modders can probably do. This appears to be a necessary step seing as how other RTS games of this genre rely on those maps to make their vehicles appear more detailed then they actually are since newer gen games use pixel shader effects.

Person skins would all have to be created from scratch seeing as how the new game uses different, more detailed models than EM4.

Objects would be similar to vehicles I guess, seing as how they are only background items.

Houses would be different though because we would need to model their interiors and walls for them to be functional in EM5.

I wont hold my breath with scripting because we dont actually know yet how the new scripting language works.

I am actually kind of worried because they have only mentioned the editor for the map and nothing about making actual mods. Hope they do not screw us over. As for bump and spec maps, I doubt this game is up there in graphics and the level of detail you can see on something from the camera angle, I doubt requires them.