Chris07

[Alpha][Unreleased]County of Northview

Wonderful mode, play it with pleasure. I want to ask whether there will be a new version of this mod? Because it's the best of what I have come across so far and that works without problems for me. They are made in the details, which is also very loving.

I hope this is not the last update.

PS: We are talking about nurses by medical helicopter. A small bug occurs when sending medics with a stretcher to treat felled patient. Reported to me that his condition was too severe for him to heal, no matter that it is not like that. And only one medic with bag can cure it freely.

On 1/21/2017 at 9:47 AM, Croydon119 said:

Hi im trying to save my game and the save icon does not allow me to click on it i tried to create a save folder and still nothing. Any Ideas?

If you're trying to save when on Challenge mode (mode that you choose on the right side of the screen when starting a new freeplay) then you can't, Challenge isn't saveable, only normal freeplay is able to be saved.

Just downloaded and played this mod and I'm impressed! One suggestion I have is maybe in the future add back in a "call ambulance" command for cops or chiefs, I know the mod is meant for multiplayer but it would be a nice boost to us singleplayers.

3 hours ago, Reese2687 said:

awesome mod just cant save free game progress.

You can't save Challenge freeplay (Fire/EMS/Police version) if you want, I can modify you a .xml to change Fire/Police/EMS to the savable version.

On 11/24/2017 at 9:39 PM, Josh Zollman said:

the police cars are blobs and it loads like the la mod

I know it's been some time, but do you have any detail on this? That's not a very clear issue.

Unfortunately, due to school and work we haven't made any decision on whether to continue updating this or anything else. We have plenty of ideas, we just haven't had the time.

• Upvote 1

Hello everyone! After a long...long...long...time...losangelesi and myself decided to use a little (more like a lot) of our valuable spare time to create a new update for the South County mod!

In summary we've made the following changes:

1. The biggest complaint we've gotten about the mod is that you have to call in units one by one on SINGLE PLAYER freeplay! We heard you, and I have written an autospawn script for single player freeplay, so now your vehicles will spawn and be fully staffed in their stations ready to go when freeplay loads! Be aware that your personnel will exit and enter their vehicles at the start. This is normal. Give them the 2-3 seconds to complete this and you're all set! 

2. We received a lot of feedback that players were mostly against using the Tiller "Quint" and often replaced it with a ladder truck instead. With this and the buggy multiplayer performance in mind, we made the decision to remove it completely. We have since replaced it with a new ladder truck that Losangelesi put his heart and soul into! (Thanks to Firequi and Itchboy for their model assets!)

3. We removed the water tanker and replaced it with another standard Engine. We felt that without a limited water supply script, the tanker was a useless vehicle. With the Quint gone, we felt that another pumper apparatus was needed, so we created Engine 283. If you want, you can bring the tanker back by making a single edit to a script file (found below).

4. To give things a little spice I decided to try something new. Truthfully it's not new, but it's something that I haven't seen in any US themed mods yet, and that's vehicle parking. Watch the video change log for a demo.
Note that I wrote this from scratch, so it may not be 100% perfect, but I tried to make it as stable as possible. In my testing it's been fairly stable. Also it's not a miracle worker, so don't expect to parallel park your ladder truck in a tiny space.
To start Parking Mode, hold CTRL when clicking to move your vehicle. A marker will appear which you can move by right clicking or using the commands. To rotate the parking marker, hold CTRL and right click and the marker will rotate towards where you clicked. LEFT CLICK + RIGHT CLICK sends your vehicle to park. Holding shift while telling you vehicle to park sends it there without lights and sirens (if they are set to activate automatically). Alternatively you can tell you vehicle to park by hitting the green check mark on the command panel. Note that the move arrows on the command panel are in reference to default camera rotation so you'll have to play with it. CTRL click the buttons to move the vehicle in smaller increments. Performance in multiplayer is relatively untested so use at your own risk!

5. We made some changes to paths and the map to facilitate better path finding by vehicles.

6. I removed the bus accident on the bridge event in an attempt to cycle some other calls through.

7. We fixed a few existing bugs (too many to count).

8. Lincoln Heights is cleaning up a bit. It's still pretty ghetto but it's slowly getting better.

9. We've tweaked some settings and lights on some of the vehicles.

10. We've updated a lot of audio sound effects

Now for a barrage of screenshots:

The new state of affairs at Station 81. The Quint is gone and a new ladder truck has taken its place:
g56Xw8.png

Say hello to Truck 81 (Model by Itchboy - cab & Firequi - Body. UV Map, model splicing, lights, and edits by losangelesi)
bxtI37.png

nnfBib.jpg

The new parking script in action:

BGMol0.jpg

Please note that the campaign and deluxe freeplay are unsupported and in all likeliness are broken. Please use this mod for freeplay only. Thanks.

So with that we have a little bad news:

Unfortunately, we also decided to end any further development of this mod. We both felt that this modification has served its purpose and has grown enough for us to be satisfied in leaving it as it is. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope to one day create something bigger and better than this. I can tell you one thing for sure...whatever we come out with next will NOT be a glorified LA Submod. Instead, we hope to come up with some original content made from the ground up.

Enjoy v2.1! DOWNLOAD LINK IS ON THE FIRST PAGE!

How the heck do I use this new parking script thing? Here's a quick demo/tutorial for you. It's easy!

Video not yet uploaded

I can't save my progress in Police/Fire/EMS mode! Worst mod ever!
The way we were able to implement two different modes was to replace Freeplay with Fire/EMS, and Challenge mode with Police/Fire/EMS mode. Unfortunately, the game is hard-coded to not allow saving of "Challenge Mode" progress, hence it is not possible for us to enable saving of Police/Fire/EMS mode since it is a limitation of the game itself. Sorry!

How to replace E283 with the tanker:
1. Go to Scripts / Game / Command / SoCoStartup.script
2. Open this file in a text editor
3. Search for:

const bool replaceTanker = true;

Replace it with:

const bool replaceTanker = false;

4. Save & Exit!

How to staff the ambulances with two paramedics instead of a stretcher crew by default:
1. Go to Scripts / Game / Command / SoCoStartup.script
2. Open this file in a text editor
3. Search for:

const bool spawnStretcher = true;

Replace it with:

const bool spawnStretcher = false;

4. Save & Exit!

I don't like the staffing of the auto-spawned vehicles! How do I change them?
1. If you are proficient with editing scripts, you can figure out how to change staffing in my SoCoStartup.script. It's commented well and pretty easy to figure out.
2. If you don't like messing with scripts then send the vehicle back to HQ and call out a new one with your preferred staffing.
3. Disable autospawn and go back to the old way of spawning vehicles one by one. To do this simply delete: Scripts / Game / Command / SoCoStartup.script file

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

I've never been happier to be a part of this project over many years, the truck and scripts, if anything, are sign of how our skills have improved over time. Thank you all for playing this and the support! Enjoy this!

Keep your eyes out for our next project ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

The crashing is something I spent days trying to fix. It's better now than it was...let me tell you. I did notice that before it crashes there is weird behavior that if noticed, can allow you to save your game from crashing. Typically, you'll notice that when sending one vehicle to park, another goes instead. Then when you try another vehicle, that same one tries to park again. If you notice this, send the vehicle that keeps trying to park instead of the intended one back to HQ and call it out again once it disappears. This fixes the issue and allows you to continue playing. Its really weird. I've played for over an hour with no problem, and have played with that problem appearing pretty quickly. I can't quite get to the bottom of it. Maybe someone else can.

Thanks for the feedback.

Well what shall I say. Northview South County is a modification that is always fun to play. I finally found time to play the new update a little longer and it is magnificent!

I like the final touches you gave your mod. Although I was a fan of the Quint, I love the new ladder truck. Wished there where two ladders on the map.

Haven’t found any bugs so far. The game runs flawless.

Great Job and thank you for your hard work!

2 hours ago, Tevion2GO said:

Well what shall I say. Northview South County is a modification that is always fun to play. I finally found time to play the new update a little longer and it is magnificent!

I like the final touches you gave your mod. Although I was a fan of the Quint, I love the new ladder truck. Wished there where two ladders on the map.

Haven’t found any bugs so far. The game runs flawless.

Great Job and thank you for your hard work!

Thanks! There were too many issues with the tiller unfortunately, especially for multiplayer.

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2018 at 3:50 PM, Squad 65 said:

A clan i was in we removed the tiller and the tanker to add 2 regular ladders since the tiller wasnt worth it.

what clan is this? Our T.O.S says that it may not be used for any clan modification. Private use only. You may want to notify them.

• Like 1