Chris07

[Alpha][Unreleased]County of Northview

It's been awhile, but I put together a little maintenance + minor feature release today. While there is not too much different, I thinks its a decent update given the few hours it took to put it all together. Unfortunately many hours were wasted trying to make apartment buildings enterable, so I couldn't get more done. There is more to come, so please post any suggestions and bugs!

Changes since v2.0.4

Bug Fix: Station 82 (Upper Right) units no longer take a stupid detour to the back of their station when responding to calls. While sending station 82 units to the far right end of the hospital property may still produce this issue, it is overall rate of occurrence is vastly reduced.

Bug Fix: Emergency vehicles can no longer enter the park from the northern pedestrian walk way.

Optimization: A gate has been added to the west side of the park to allow emergency vehicles to easily enter the park.

Optimization: A small area of the park has been cleared of debris to that it could be used as a Helicopter landing zone for those times you want to role play a bit.

Addition: Narco's light pack/coronas are now bundled with the mod. Manual installation of the light pack is no longer required.

Addition: Paramedics and EMS Supervisors can now change into High Visibility jackets for use on traffic accidents or other hazardous conditions. (Blue helmets coming soon!)

Addition: New Flight Medic personnel added. Flight medics have same abilities as regular paramedics, however they have a completely different skin.

This puts us at v2.0.5

There are a few outstanding bugs I want to tackle so stay tuned for the next release. As always there is no ETA. I do have plans on creating a "Special Edition" version of this mod which replaces the tiller-based Quint with a ladder truck and removes the Heavy Rescue Crane. If you notice any bugs please post them here so I can look into them.

Download is available on the first page.

Hey Chris, do you plan on adding the limited water supply script at any time?!

Thanks for the update!

Only bug I've had is when the ambulances try to return to the south station or any units respond down there, they get stuck near the hotel on the main road and return back to HQ. Some path issue

Just had to add my 2 cents and say "great work!" on this mod.  Right now it's my go-to for long play sessions and for me, provides enough of a challenge without being tedious or frustrating (except for exploding cars, which is the game's issue, not the mod's).

I am using your mod to teach myself how to re-skin and change units for my own use in the mod.  Not that the units aren't detailed nice in the release version, but I'm a little bit traditional west coast so the black over red is not my personal preference.

Thanks for the hard work!

Hey Chris, do you plan on adding the limited water supply script at any time?!

Thanks for the update!

Eventually. Most likely in a 2.1 release since that's a big feature.

These two quotes are from the previous page, you certainly should have been able to find your answer in them yourself..

In short:

I mod doesn't appear to work right with limited water tanks and I don't know much about devving, anybody wanna help me out?

Modder stated it's a possible function for V2.1 and 2.1 isn't out yet

4 hours ago, Firebuff319 said:

RIP. Another loved mod down the hatch : ' (

Please refer to what I said in the CPH-Airport topic. This behavior only further antagonizes the mod authors and annoys them, to the point that your comment will come true and they will shutter the mod instead of continuing it.

Also, going around the forums and posintg 'RIP mod is dead' on multiple topics is considered spamming and can net you either a warning, or a suspension. Please reconsider next time and think about what you are posting.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I have had this downloaded for A LONG time, and i never played it. today I did and am loving it. The only problem i have is that the department needs more ladders. it is just in my opinion realistic like that, unless thats what you had in mind? thats all i would like to see

EDIT: maybe make them "out-of-area" units, they dont have to be station units.

I have a question regarding changing parameters. We changed them to take out anything that would be related to ems and fire, but instead of disabling the events, they were multiplied it seemed. We changed first in endless and then endless_mp and then endless_2_mp... no change to the game except calls happen more often and are all fire related. We were trying for just having police calls. What are we doing wrong? I know that both players have to have the same files and all, so we change them together. Am I changing parameters in wrong file? I would really like to play the game to how we want, love the map and all. Am I supposed to be changing events on challenge not endless? For single I always played endless so for that it was always the endless file I changed. Thanks again!!

Thanks for the help!! (hopefully someone can help me) Thanks again!!

Chris

Edited by cgibson2

11 hours ago, cgibson2 said:

I have a question regarding changing parameters. We changed them to take out anything that would be related to ems and fire, but instead of disabling the events, they were multiplied it seemed. We changed first in endless and then endless_mp and then endless_2_mp... no change to the game except calls happen more often and are all fire related. We were trying for just having police calls. What are we doing wrong? I know that both players have to have the same files and all, so we change them together. Am I changing parameters in wrong file? I would really like to play the game to how we want, love the map and all. Am I supposed to be changing events on challenge not endless? For single I always played endless so for that it was always the endless file I changed. Thanks again!!

Thanks for the help!! (hopefully someone can help me) Thanks again!!

Chris

If you could send me a message containing the changes you made (copy and pasting the freeplay parameters into the text box) so that I can assist you in private chat rather than have people think it's related to the modification. I'd be more than happy to assist you.

~ Axe