Chris07

[Alpha][Unreleased]County of Northview

Yeah, no need to be sorry. We all do mistakes, important is that the mod is ok now. I am highly enjoying playing it.

I really enjoy playing your modification. Also I had no problems with the zip issue.

Your skin quality is on a high level and the map adjustments give the gameplay a fresh touch.

Hopefully you have plans to add the WaterSupplyScript. I successfully implemented it in the LA Mod but had problems with the flare and cone script afterwards.

One little thing I noticied regarding the top right firestation is everytime I send the Engine and/or the Brush somewhere, they first drive in the back of their yard where their parkinglot is.

Could someone help me please, I'm finding it hard installing the light pack I would be grateful if someone could give me instructions on how to add it to the game, Thank you. 

Overwrite the files that are in the Data/Textures/Coronas

Okay, so I've released a little maintenance release with a few goodies.

Changes since v2.0.3

Bug Fix: Fire engines had the "Deck Gun ON" command by default, requiring a user to click it twice before turning off the deck gun. The "Deck Gun OFF" command is now the default command, as it should be.

Bug Fix: North Eastern Patrol path should no longer get stuck in the hospital parking lot. While I advise against using patrol paths since they tend to jam up traffic, it is now fully operational for those who wish to use is.

Bug Fix: Fire units at Fire Station 83 (bottom right) should no longer go out the back of their station (through a closed gate) when responding to calls in the areas below it.

Bug Fix: Ambulances no longer compete for parking spaces when they arrive in quick succession. Each will go to a designated spot.

Optimization: I moved some virtual objects around the first ambulance parking spot at the hospital. Ambulances should park a little neater now in the first spot.

Optimization: Added a few barricade virtual objects around Fire Station 82 (top right) and EMS station 501 (Upper EMS station) to deter vehicles from taking B-Line paths to the hospital before going the proper way. Probably won't work, but I guess we'll see.

Removal: Vehicle in the water at the port floated on top of the water instead of being underwater. After realizing that you can't place an object under an "ocean" type liquid, I removed the event.

Removal: There was an ambient polygon around the small construction site next to the wash. It was flaky at best and at times seemed waaay too loud. So i removed it.

Addition: To compensate for the removal of the "vehicle in the water" mission, I added a second "vehicle over the side" type mission on the eastern hillside.

Addition: I made a little script adjustment to the Vehicle Redirect script so that when select Sheriff's cars use the redirect command, their primary lights will automatically shut off and only their redirect lights will be turned on. If you wish to redirect with primary lights on, you must manually re-engage the primary lights.

Addition: Added a couple of lights to the slicktop sheriff's cars and the SUV so that when their redirect lights are turned on, and their primary lights subsequently turned off (see addition above), a few forward-facing solid burning red lights are also turned on. This is to give the effect of a "secondary" lights since having just the rear facing redirect lights is a bit boring. I did not add any lights to the 7B-1 so that will only show the rear lights.

This puts us at v2.0.4

I've also been playing around with 7-zip's compression. I've managed to compress the Bajeebus out of the zip and it is now down to 206MB (formerly 244MB). Unzipping it will take a bit more RAM (66MB to be exact)  than the old method but I don't think anyone will have a problem sparing 66MB of ram while it unzips. It should work out of the box without any special programs (tested in Windows 7). If you're on XP, it will not work without 7-zip or a similar program. If there are too many problems unzipping it, I'll go back to the old method. Sorry, but every megabyte counts when you have a crappy upload speed. :P

Download is available on the first page.

looks great

This mod looks nice and I'll definitely download it later.  I would also like to see the Limited Water Supply script, as I see a lot of other people adding it to their mods.  If it's at all simple/possible to add it in the future, I'm sure a lot of us would be very pleased.  :happy:

But let me just say that I love the color scheme on the rigs, and the fact that you brought back that Velocity rescue!  The previews all look great, and I can't wait to try this out later. 

I love the mod a lot you guys did an awesome job. I wanted to know if you was going to be adding a couple stations for the out of area vehicles to go since I have to park them outside of another station area for calls. I saw I think it was going into the next update you guys were doing for the mod. Please let me know about this. Thanks a lot!

I love the mod a lot you guys did an awesome job. I wanted to know if you was going to be adding a couple stations for the out of area vehicles to go since I have to park them outside of another station area for calls. I saw I think it was going into the next update you guys were doing for the mod. Please let me know about this. Thanks a lot!

That's why they are called "out of area vehicles" because they aren't mean to be on the map. It doesn't take them hours to get on map anyway... Plus there isn't exactly any more room left on the map for more stations.

Okay, I may have missed something so I apologize in advance if I'm just an idiot.

Does singleplayer freeplay mode work in this mod or is mine bugged?

c7cb02bbab.jpg

There's 2,500,000 in the bank from the start, the time is bugged, and no vehicles appear or can be called in (the commands go through but nothing ever shows).

I've tried redownloading twice to no avail. If it's any help, this same thing happens in "The Riverside Mod".

Again, I may have just missed the memo so sorry if that's the case.

@aflac so you can click the menu buttons, but when you hit send, no vehicles are sent? That seems odd to me. Can you pm me the contents of your freeplaybase.xml file?

It does sound like something is missing from your download, as I don't have that issue. I'll do what I can to help you.

UPDATE: Aflac's freeplaybase file is flawless. I'm at a loss on this one, it's weird that it's just the games he got from EOC makers. I have to defer to the experts who made the mods.

1. This mod was made to be multiplayer compatible and thus no units spawn on the map. They must be called out manually.

2 . Money is high so that it doesn't play a factor in the game. Remember, this was a clan mod.

3. How is the time bugged?

4. When called in, units may take some time to appear and drive into the map (a few seconds)

Fire units spawn in grid H3

Police spawns at the back of the police station and a few at A5

Ems spawns at F8

TEC and the fire crane spawn at D8

1. This mod was made to be multiplayer compatible and thus no units spawn on the map. They must be called out manually.

2 . Money is high so that it doesn't play a factor in the game. Remember, this was a clan mod.

3. How is the time bugged?

4. When called in, units may take some time to appear and drive into the map (a few seconds)

Fire units spawn in grid H3

Police spawns at the back of the police station and a few at A5

Ems spawns at F8

TEC and the fire crane spawn at D8

One other thing I forgot to mention, no freeplay events ever occur (10 minutes on 3x speed). I reinstalled, this time using the mediafire link rather than the mega and it works now, might want to check to see if that download is screwy. Thanks for the help.

Loved it 2 things i did notice:

1. one of the buildings used in a medical call has smoke in it 

2. the coroner loaded people in to the hood 

1. I have noticed that I can't remember how to fix it though, sorry.

2. That's a problem with the vehicle model, the physics boxes are smaller then the model itself. Its the same with the police version of the van, you can fix that by editing the physics in the editor.

hey all XD - i just downloaded the file from mediafire but all i got in the file was an audio file? what should i do?

Weird. I can confirm the download is good. Try Downloading from MEGA. Otherwise trying using a program like 7-zip to unzip the file.

I can't Save in freeplay i tried downloading from both of the downloading sites and installing the mod on 2 computers and this is the only mod that i have this problem. PLEASE HELP!

There is no Save folder included in the mod ( a side effect of the system we used to keep track of our changes while developing the mod). Create a folder named "Save" (Capital 'S') in the mod folder and you should be able to save again.