Pottyscotty

Kent (UK) Mod (Dev Release)

Had to sign up. Been looking at this mod for awhile, hoping for a good UK mod to come out after I got bored of the London mod. I found some issues while playing the alpha. You're probably aware of them since it's pretty hard not to be, and I'm sure some issues do not lie with the actual mod itself. And sorry in advance if it's a bit nit-picky.

1) Some of the textures shine quite bright. I noticed this especially on the paramedics and pedestrians

2) The EOD unit moves way to fast. Not sure if this is intentional as I think I saw somewhere earlier about making a proper scene etc, but it's hilarious to see it moving about, especially when at 3x speed

3) You might consider starting the map, even though it's just for a test, with vehicle lights turned off as there are a lot on the map

4) Events seem to happen very slowly. After 15 minutes I had 3 very minor incidents (stroke, heart attack, rabies). I'm not sure if it was bad luck, but I don't think I've ever gone 15 minutes in a game with only 3 events.

Apart from those pretty minor issues, some again, may not be anyones fault but the maps, nothing is majorily wrong. I don't think anyone's gonna have much fun with it yet since a lot of the stuff's not ready yet, but judging by what's in so far, everyone involved has put a great effort in and I feel that this will be one of the better mods I've seen in a long while.

Keep up the good work!

Congratulations potty!!!

God damn I weren't there at release! Way sooner than expected lol

Apparently download link down, will try later when my old laptop boots up.

Unfortunately I only get 0.7mbps download atm. Get new internet on 5th so hoped it would be then but hopefully it'll still DL.

Yea, link is 'temporarily down' due to 'high volumes of traffic'.

Hopefully this is either back up or Scotty uploads it again soon as I am so itching to play this......

Sorry if I sound demanding, just looking forward to this

1) Some of the textures shine quite bright. I noticed this especially on the paramedics and pedestrians

2) The EOD unit moves way to fast. Not sure if this is intentional as I think I saw somewhere earlier about making a proper scene etc, but it's hilarious to see it moving about, especially when at 3x speed

3) You might consider starting the map, even though it's just for a test, with vehicle lights turned off as there are a lot on the map

4) Events seem to happen very slowly. After 15 minutes I had 3 very minor incidents (stroke, heart attack, rabies). I'm not sure if it was bad luck, but I don't think I've ever gone 15 minutes in a game with only 3 events.

1) Possibly your graphics settings, this is why I never play on high :P

2) I am unable to change speeds at the moment until I set all the units up which will be done next update.

3) Yes there will be a new map. Tip: Select a load of vehicles at once and press Shift-B.

4) Answered in the Readme.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mod download has too much traffic and Dropbox was the only place to work for me. I am getting it uploaded to Emergency Planet so please be patient :)

Edit:- Emergency Planet did not work either but Mega is now accepting the upload so it will be ready in 30 minutes - 1 Hour.

Even though I knew this was coming out today, it still comes as a shock that you've worked so hard over the past year and managed to complete it in such a good time. I congratulate you on making something that looks pretty damn amazing, and improving on your model quality and such so much - you are a professional now! Well done mate :-)

A little FAQ on the mod:

Q: There are so many lights to turn off, how should I do it?

A: Click and drag to select a group of vehicles (It doesn't matter if you also select people) and press Shift-B.

--------------------

Q: Who goes into what Fire vehicles?

A: You have four ranks. Station Manager, Watch Manager, Crew Manager and Firefighter. To identify these in the Mod using the shoulder markings, look here: http://www.firesafe.org.uk/role-structure-in-the-british-fire-service/

In the Fire Station the Watch Manager and Station Manager have their own rooms (Which will be turned into offices). The Station Manager is nearest to the back, Watch Manager nearest to the front of the building.

The Watch Manager would go on the First Pump Appliance out (Most likely this will be the Battenburg at the front of the Station) along with the three Firefighters on their own in the bigger room (For realism leave one of these without turnout gear as it will be the driver/pump operator).

In the bigger room you also have two other lines of people, these both consist of 3 Firefighters and 1 Crew manager. Once again you can leave one of the Firefighters without Turnout gear as a driver. These crews would man the two Appliances in the rear bays.

In the next room on there are three crews, the two that have two people in go in the Ladders and the one that has three people in would go in the Command Support Unit out back.

Your Station Manager would take a Response car to a bigger incident.

The last two Appliances out the back are Retained/Part time/Volunteer. You can find two retained crews by the river, next to them a crew of two with a response vehicle, these two firefighters would travel to the Station and man the Incident Response Unit.

--------------------