Pottyscotty

Kent (UK) Mod (Dev Release)

Merry Christmas everyone

I thought The Kent Mod V1.2 would be a nice Christmas present for you all so here it is. This is basically part 1 of 2, the second one will have more features but we decided to release this one as you have been waiting for so long and it could take another few months to get the new features sorted.

I hope you enjoy this mod and i thank you for your patience as i know it has taken a long time.

Whats New

• New peds
  • Updated map
  • New Icons
  • And more

Unfortunately two of the things that are not in this update are the call out menu and back to station script however these will be coming in the near future.

We have added the precise parking script to the mod so you can use that to park your vehicles in the station (I have tried it and it works). One bug i have found is that your vehicles may get stuck sometimes in the bays as they will be too close to an object to move, the way to fix this is to use the precise parking function to move the vehicle out of the station and then you can try again.

25/12/2016 08:49 A couple of bugs that I have just found, Don't place traffic cones as you won't be able to pick them back up and the SECAmb Unmarked skoda doesn't have a siren button, I will try to get these fixed in a patch ASAP.

The Mod:  https://mega.nz/#!gxpXjJSJ!GYj8sEfkzueTXnIIOH7cKZ9kzb2QHVyBj07rRRiC_YY

By downloading this you agree not to claim it as your own and/or re-upload it any where else without my permission. I have been allowed to upload this as i am a member of the Kent mod team.

• Upvote 8

22 hours ago, TACRfan said:

Merry Christmas everyone

I thought The Kent Mod V1.2 would be a nice Christmas present for you all so here it is. This is basically part 1 of 2, the second one will have more features but we decided to release this one as you have been waiting for so long and it could take another few months to get the new features sorted.

I hope you enjoy this mod and i thank you for your patience as i know it has taken a long time.

Whats New

• New peds
  • Updated map
  • New Icons
  • And more

Unfortunately two of the things that are not in this update are the call out menu and back to station script however these will be coming in the near future.

We have added the precise parking script to the mod so you can use that to park your vehicles in the station (I have tried it and it works). One bug i have found is that your vehicles may get stuck sometimes in the bays as they will be too close to an object to move, the way to fix this is to use the precise parking function to move the vehicle out of the station and then you can try again.

25/12/2016 08:49 A couple of bugs that I have just found, Don't place traffic cones as you won't be able to pick them back up and the SECAmb Unmarked skoda doesn't have a siren button, I will try to get these fixed in a patch ASAP.

The Mod:  https://mega.nz/#!gxpXjJSJ!GYj8sEfkzueTXnIIOH7cKZ9kzb2QHVyBj07rRRiC_YY

By downloading this you agree not to claim it as your own and/or re-upload it any where else without my permission. I have been allowed to upload this as i am a member of the Kent mod team.

Looks great! Good job.

On 12/25/2016 at 0:52 AM, TACRfan said:

Merry Christmas everyone

Whats New

• New peds
  • Updated map
  • New Icons
  • And more

Can you do us all a favour as you did before and release a save file with all units setup as current save folder only loads blank editor squares that's it? But I have to say great mod loving the aditions mate from the plays I have had today. You guys, you and kieron townsley have done such a sterling job and if no one else has already said I want to take this opportunity to say a big thank you and what a xmas day present this was absolutely amazing!

Edited by patvmru
Addition to text save double posting!
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, patvmru said:

Can you do us all a favour as you did before and release a save file with all units setup as current save folder only loads blank editor squares thats it?

Hmm, that is strange, it's the first I am hearing about this bug, is anyone else getting this bug?. I will try to get a patch out this week fixing some of the bugs but I might not be able to fix them all

• Upvote 1

just to say tried copying the saves folder in again manually tried them all after fresh load in each time but none work but they are all dated back in april and one from may of this year none are recent saves buddy if that helps?

2 minutes ago, patvmru said:

just to say tried copying the saves folder in again manually tried them all after fresh load in each time but none work but they are all dated back in april and one from may of this year none are recent saves buddy if that helps?

Ok, I will create a new save game for the patch, I do apologise for this issue, I'm not sure what is causing it

• Upvote 1

Some advice based on issues Ive encountered in the past:

The traffic cone function relies on the 'PickUp' command being on officers. Be sure as well to modify the script to assign/remove the approrpriate commands so the script functions properly.

For parking, you will need to modify the vehicle's collision box by going into the editor and then the physics section when editing the prototype. There you can define the size of the collision box so it is smaller than the actual vehicle. This helps in coaxing vehicles to park properly.

Regarding savegames, be aware that they are very easy to corrupt. Even changing one proto or model tends to bug it out. Scripts as well do harm to them, so savegames arent advisable to use due to their instability. If spawning is an issue, you will have to work on the spawn and toStation code to go around this issue. I wouldnt mind as well lending assistance to getting the spawn code working if its that much of an issue for the project.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

Some advice based on issues Ive encountered in the past:

The traffic cone function relies on the 'PickUp' command being on officers. Be sure as well to modify the script to assign/remove the approrpriate commands so the script functions properly.

For parking, you will need to modify the vehicle's collision box by going into the editor and then the physics section when editing the prototype. There you can define the size of the collision box so it is smaller than the actual vehicle. This helps in coaxing vehicles to park properly.

Regarding savegames, be aware that they are very easy to corrupt. Even changing one proto or model tends to bug it out. Scripts as well do harm to them, so savegames arent advisable to use due to their instability. If spawning is an issue, you will have to work on the spawn and toStation code to go around this issue. I wouldnt mind as well lending assistance to getting the spawn code working if its that much of an issue for the project.

Ill pm you as I don't want to take up posts in the topic

Hey, great mod! A lot of new stuff compared to the older 0.6. I've also noticed a little bug with a police van, it is the one stationed at the airport between two other vehicles: the texture is completely white and also one of the ambulance vehicles is a missing model cube. I hope this helps with an oncoming patch.  

2 minutes ago, rate911 said:

Hey, great mod! A lot of new stuff compared to the older 0.6. I've also noticed a little bug with a police van, it is the one stationed at the airport between two other vehicles: the texture is completely white and also one of the ambulance vehicles is a missing model cube. I hope this helps with an oncoming patch.  

The one at the airport is unmarked and van I have pictures of the other thing

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, TACRfan said:

The one at the airport is unmarked and van I have pictures of the other thing

I wouldn't say mine is unmarked, it rather looks like there is no texture...  Also, NSA units have a bit too much of a glow on them. I hope these pics will help to see it, sorry, if the quality isn't great.

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0920.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

15 minutes ago, rate911 said:

I wouldn't say mine is unmarked, it rather looks like there is no texture...  Also, NSA units have a bit too much of a glow on them. I hope these pics will help to see it, sorry, if the quality isn't great.

Thanks for the screens, Ill be honest i think the problem with your game as i have not heard of anyone else having this issue and the texture is definitely included in the file, as for the shininess i will address that in the patch

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TACRfan said:

Thanks for the screens, Ill be honest i think the problem with your game as i have not heard of anyone else having this issue and the texture is definitely included in the file, as for the shininess i will address that in the patch

No, unfortunately, re-installing the mod hasn't helped. Also, I guess it is also part of a texture glitch that paramedics' trollies are half transparent.  

Yeah no issue my end he may need to undo the reflections on those models in his editor due to some settings within his own game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, rate911 said:

No, unfortunately, re-installing the mod hasn't helped. Also, I guess it is also part of a texture glitch that paramedics' trollies are half transparent.  

Its not a texture glitch, it's because reflections are turned off to stop them from being shiny

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rate911 said:

Right, so would be the best course of action for me to get rid of those white textures and shiny effects?

I would leave them in and then when I release the upcoming patch I will include the skins for the vehicles and hopefully include a new prototype for the LEDs which will stop them from being shiny 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MP50 said:

The map bugs near the police station for me - trying to send any units over the bridge confuses them greatly.

I totally agree and can only add that units may get even stuck in a limbo going in the opposite from the bridge direction past the station and then back to the bridge again. 

Btw, will the new patch include a blue light fix at the start? It isn't vital but may be a bit annoying that all units on the map are stationed with the blues on.