Pottyscotty

Kent (UK) Mod (Dev Release)

OK so I normally respect the work that modders do I very rarely dislike a mod no matter how bad it is.

I'm very disappointed in this latest version I know that its an unfinished version and if I dont want to play it then I dont. Compared to the last release its a huge disappointment even compared to the version before the custom map.

First its quite buggy yes the last version was but you have been working on this for a while now it seems to me that very little testing had been done prior to release. The new armed units and riot units are way to shiny. There was talks of return to station however that hasent appeared. The medics shouldent have styrkers cause it involves sending the actual ambulance back to hq therefore having less ambulances over time. They should of been done like before just a stretcher team(I have added them to my map) Tow trucks have to be called in particular ways or moved if you want a certone one ie the middle one. The tows are the default em4 skin they was the AA in the alpha. Some retained fire fighters wont move. I know you probably felt the need to rush it out ASAP but you should have just taken your time and not cancelled it yes I know you were losing interested but compared to the last version its a let down. I dont know if its because I was hyped about return to station even tho I enjoy manual parking or what but im very disappointed. I hate to use the word but alot of the mod sucks now. 

I do however enjoy the new sounds in chase and the bay doors along with the engineers vehicles. 

Im very sorry about it cause I respect any mod no matter how bad it is but ive never went to the editor so fast to change things. 

I enjoy it but im not as excited to play it any-more.

I might come back to the review in future and edit it. 

What ones are the BTP?

Definitely not upset with this, in fact I agree with most of it - I'll just address some of the points.

First its quite buggy yes the last version was but you have been working on this for a while now it seems to me that very little testing had been done prior to release.

I've decided not to even call it an alpha anymore, it is simply just a development release (So just with bits in it and some bits not necessarily working etc and not something, as a whole, playable). I guess that's something I really want to stress, this isn't really a playable mod but instead something to just play around with, edit or take things from it for an edit of another mod.

Although it was a large space of time of me doing this 'update', very little of that was actually spent on it. As for testing I do agree, I spent very little time testing as I have been far too busy.

The new armed units and riot units are way to shiny. There was talks of return to station however that hasent appeared. The medics shouldent have styrkers cause it involves sending the actual ambulance back to hq therefore having less ambulances over time. They should of been done like before just a stretcher team(I have added them to my map) Tow trucks have to be called in particular ways or moved if you want a certone one ie the middle one. The tows are the default em4 skin they was the AA in the alpha. Some retained fire fighters wont move. 

I don't ever have my game on higher settings so I wouldn't have noticed that (If I had properly tested I probably would have seen it).

That was decided against a while ago, again due to time and because of the fact that the mod wouldn't have really been playable anyway. If someone decides to continue it then it may be something they decide to add.

Nothing to really say to that, I knew that was a problem and I knew that you couldn't get vehicles back so completely my fault. Think I added it when the mod was still in actual development which is why it's still in there.

I could have sworn I had placed the AA back down somewhere?

Which ones where they, the bottom or top? I think I used them while quickly testing but maybe only one lot.

What ones are the BTP?

Had to remove due to problems.

It was the tow trucks next to the new engininers cars.

Was they AA before? Might be getting muddled up

Sorry, meant the retained FF's

There were engineer AA vehicles but before tow trucks were the LA mod ones, but I'm sure there are a couple of AA vans around somewhere (Possibly near the Ambulance Station?).

The map for the mod update is beautiful, I love it. However, to be honest that's all I can really say for it. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed; I don't know whether that's justified or not, but there it is. It feels a lot more like a map edit to the previous version to me than it does a new update. It's also a huge shame the BTP (which I was looking forward to most) was removed.

Sorry, but this really does disappoint me. I'd love to see this continued, but I think Pottyscotty himself summed it up best, and in my opinion this should have been clearer from the start: "this isn't really a playable mod". I really wish that had been indicated before people got connected to it and excited about it.

Sorry, meant the retained FF's

There were engineer AA vehicles but before tow trucks were the LA mod ones, but I'm sure there are a couple of AA vans around somewhere (Possibly near the Ambulance Station?).

Dont know Ill look in a min. Was the smaller stations.

EDIT: No AA vans on map but Ill probably add them in a min

and in my opinion this should have been clearer from the start: "this isn't really a playable mod". I really wish that had been indicated before people got connected to it and excited about it.

Originally it was going to be a proper mod but I didn't think it through, it was my first time ever doing something this big and I always overlooked what I was actually able to do as well as what to do and when.

Originally it was going to be a proper mod but I didn't think it through, it was my first time ever doing something this big and I always overlooked what I was actually able to do as well as what to do and when.

Alot of people say learn from your mistakes so I guess thats what you should do?

Just to let people know, within 10 minutes of play, the following bugs (or expected features which weren't there) have been found:

• Placing a floodlight from a HATO crashes the game to desktop
  • HATOs can't redirect vehicles, only their cars can
  • Fire engines trying to move from the top-left station to the bridge next to it with the roadworks on don't pathfind correctly and stop at the engineer's base
  • As previously mentioned, the tow trucks aren't even the LA mod ones anymore - they're the game default TEC ones
  • The S/AFOs (it's unclear) next to the armoured Land Rover appear to be wearing jeans...?
  • HATOs are the default engineer ped and not a custom one
  • Firefighters can't enter the fire station unless the garage doors are up
  • There are only two proper firefighters (plus a CM, WM and SM) on the default map at the bottom-right fire station - and some are randomly placed outside a house down the road

That's just 10 minutes, there may well be more, and some of these may be known/intentional - I just thought it'd be an idea to let people know. Pottyscotty, if you do have a known bugs list for it, can you publish it please? :)

Just to let people know, within 10 minutes of play, the following bugs (or expected features which weren't there) have been found:

• Placing a floodlight from a HATO crashes the game to desktop
  • HATOs can't redirect vehicles, only their cars can
  • Fire engines trying to move from the top-left station to the bridge next to it with the roadworks on don't pathfind correctly and stop at the engineer's base
  • As previously mentioned, the tow trucks aren't even the LA mod ones anymore - they're the game default TEC ones
  • The S/AFOs (it's unclear) next to the armoured Land Rover appear to be wearing jeans...?
  • HATOs are the default engineer ped and not a custom one
  • Firefighters can't enter the fire station unless the garage doors are up
  • There are only two proper firefighters (plus a CM, WM and SM) on the default map at the bottom-right fire station - and some are randomly placed outside a house down the road

That's just 10 minutes, there may well be more, and some of these may be known/intentional - I just thought it'd be an idea to let people know. Pottyscotty, if you do have a known bugs list for it, can you publish it please? :)

some in readme the random firefighters are retained.

Alot of people say learn from your mistakes so I guess thats what you should do?

I am, definitely. As many know I've made a fresh start on something else and I have been doing it properly and carefully, making sure things are finished before moving on.

Pottyscotty, if you do have a known bugs list for it, can you publish it please?  :)

Those are plain clothed ones :)

Yes, a crew of 4 for the main Appliance (Plus the Station manager who gets the car) then the ones at the flats are retained/on-call.

Think I used to but it went a while ago, pretty much the whole thing is bugged so I guess I didn't see it necessary haha.

This is a little disappointing and I'm pretty sure it's the smaller fire station on the right where the retained FFs were stuck however I do really like the new sirens and the bay doors even if they do make it extremely hard to put the fire engines in

you guys do know the shiny officers and stuck fire fighters are easy fixable though the editor...so rather than complaining about it maybe just go on the editor to fix the stuff you can or even learn how to do the scripts it not hard. I doubt Scotty is going to do it as i know he is working on something fantastic! and either way its still a good dam great mod with great stuff and great detail.

Yes it is but as scotty said is very hard to use as a playable mod right now but it is a fantastic foundation I hope someone finishes off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please someone anyone out there finish this mod off add the return to station and callout menu plus fix whatever bugs you can and re-release ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to all the people experiencing the shiny AFO`S got to editor select the unit EDIT and untick Alpha reflections and no more chrome AFO 

ive just been given permission to carry on with the mod hopefully i can continue to make it great scripts take some time to get used to but i look forward to posting updates very soon 

I thought when I saw the post yesterday saying an update will be released, it would be a playable update. This is a good mod and I'm massively disappointed that it's been cancelled. There isn't many UK mods with working fire stations apart from the welfordshire mod which is a good mod but the map let's it down and units always get stuck off map. Had high hopes for this mod. Hope somebody takes it on and releases it!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk