ENG51INE

Click on Unit in list... CTD

I am looking for some minor help.  I have created a new mod based of of the LA Mod, and when I click on a unit from the list to bring them on to the map, the whole game crashes.  I have edited the LAFireStation script as well as the specs, portraits, and language files.  I am not new to modding, but this is my first time building a mod from the ground up and this is a major set back.  If anyone has any ideas for what files I should check, please let me know.  Thanks

Edited by randomperson139
Decreased font size

Firstly, there's no need to increase the font size for your post. I have edited it and changed it to a normal size.

Now for your issue, it would be helpful if you could post your logfile, as this might highlight the issue. Does this happen with every unit, or just certain ones? By the sound of it, you've edited portraits or lang files and something is wrong with one of them.

Firstly, there's no need to increase the font size for your post. I have edited it and changed it to a normal size.

Now for your issue, it would be helpful if you could post your logfile, as this might highlight the issue. Does this happen with every unit, or just certain ones? By the sound of it, you've edited portraits or lang files and something is wrong with one of them.

Most of the times it happens without anything in log file, the problem appear for example when you missed adding a cannon on the engine (TLF).

ENG51INE check the unit in the editor.

Chances are you have a dummy or something in the unit that should not be there causing a crash, the game is crashing because something is missing/incorrect on that vehicle, most likely within the editor you will find the item that should not be there.  If all that is correct then it is most likely a mistake in the xml files for the vehicle.  When a script is the culprit it usually will cause a pop-up when the game crashes, if you alt-tab instead of CTRL-ALT-DEL when it crashes it will have in that pop-up what the script is that failed and at what line.

I have checked the editor and nothing seems to be missing in the editor.  I added lightbars, wheels, and doors to the vehicles and they are all there in the editor without any dummy files....  Also like BBAILEY298 said, there is nothing in the log file and no scripts that are causing the issue.  We had some scripting issues initially, but those have all been fixed.

The issues at hand now are with regular vehicles like tow trucks, police cars, and fire chief vehicles.

I'd go with an error in a script for my viewpoint, probrably siren script, but i'm taking a shot in the dark on it since there isnt anything but a CTD to go off..... This is why when you make a mod, you add one vehicle at a time and verify it works before you go onto the next, makes troubleshooting alot easier.

It crashes before you even dispatch the vehicle? If its not the prototype, the problem likely can be found in the unit.xml file, problaby referring to a wrong prototype or UnitID. Also double check that file for syntax errors which may prevent the file from being loaded at all.