TACRfan

no supervisor sound

hi i tried playing emergency 4 lamod today and my supervisor has no sound so i deleted them and replaced them with the enhanced supervisor but i still have no sound. any idea on how to fix this

Have you checked the ingame settings?

Open the game, click the "Options" button in the top right, and then go to the sound tab. Check that the volume isn't all the way down.

just done it the only thing that is turned down is my music (because i just turned it down)

Given previous experience, I'm willing to be it has to do with your language files pointing to a folder that doesn't exist. Are you running 911, Em4 or Deluxe? This is commonly seen in Deluxe if you change the language files to english, but don't move in the right folders

Given previous experience, I'm willing to be it has to do with your language files pointing to a folder that doesn't exist. Are you running 911, Em4 or Deluxe? This is commonly seen in Deluxe if you change the language files to english, but don't move in the right folders

im running em4 normal and then loading up la mod

I had the same issue.  In my post about this it was suggested that i needed to go to the properties of each video in the supervisor file and then unlock it and make sure it wasn't read only.  However, every time I would click unlock, apply then OK but then go back and check it was locked again.  So my supervisor is still silent in every mod EXCEPT Manhattan mod which is bizarre! Still don't know how that is happening.  Anyway if you find a fix let us know so others with the same issue can get it resolved.  Good luck.

I had the same issue.  In my post about this it was suggested that i needed to go to the properties of each video in the supervisor file and then unlock it and make sure it wasn't read only.  However, every time I would click unlock, apply then OK but then go back and check it was locked again.  So my supervisor is still silent in every mod EXCEPT Manhattan mod which is bizarre! Still don't know how that is happening.  Anyway if you find a fix let us know so others with the same issue can get it resolved.  Good luck.

Yea i saw your post and tried doing that to my files but mine were not unlocked or locked so i dont know what is going on

Supposedly, make sure the files are not read-only will resolve this, to make changes to their properties, most people will have to copy them to the desktop, change the files properties, and put them back into the game folder where they belong..... I tend to agree with nfk, it is most likely that the files required for your language version are missing or improperly placed in the folders.

Supposedly, make sure the files are not read-only will resolve this, to make changes to their properties, most people will have to copy them to the desktop, change the files properties, and put them back into the game folder where they belong..... I tend to agree with nfk, it is most likely that the files required for your language version are missing or improperly placed in the folders.

Oh ok but my the read only is unchecked in my properties

Like I said, chances are as NFK said, and I agree with em, you guys are missing files for the audio in your game version for the language you are using, most everyone with this problem i'm betting had the German ver of the game and swapped it over to english, in doing so it changed where to look for the files, or the file names, thus no audio sound.

What does your speaker configuration look like?

Its a long shot, but if the video shows it may be an issue with your computer or the speakers you are using. It may be your system which outputs the audio of those videos to a speaker which doesn't exist. The audio in those videos is always mono (see below). And unlike sirens, the game does not upscale that to stereo, so the output is pure mono too. In case you're using laptop speakers (2.0 set) while your Windows audio preferences are set for a 5.1 set, you will not hear the voices because Windows tries to divert the mono audio to your center speaker which your laptop doesn't have. In case of a 2.0 set, you should hear the voices through both speakers with the correct Windows setting (see below for the settings I'm talking about). Know what I mean? A simple test, when you load a mission can you hear that missionbriefing voice? That voice always plays through the center speaker of my 5.1 surround set while the rest of the game is stereo and plays through my left and right speakers (when using direct 6-channel output).

So in case of 2.0 speakers, make sure the speaker setup in Windows is set to Stereo to make sure the audio (including mono) plays through the correct speakers. In case of a seperate surround set (5.1 or 7.1) it's more complex. You be looking at wrong wiring, wrong settings in the surround set itself or a wrong setting in Windows then.

Speakser setup in Windows 7:

windows-7-audigy-speaker-settings1.jpg

As you can see the audio of this supervisor video has only 1 channel. I know one its one of the German videos but the English one should have similar settings:

GeneralComplete name                    : D:\Emergency 4 Deluxe\Data\Lang\de\Supervisor\ID_CAMP_SOLVED_02.mpgFormat                           : MPEG-PSFile size                        : 750 KiBDuration                         : 10s 512msOverall bit rate                 : 584 KbpsWriting library                  : encoded by TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress Version. 3.0.4.24 VideoID                               : 224 (0xE0)Format                           : MPEG VideoFormat version                   : Version 1Format settings, BVOP            : YesFormat settings, Matrix          : DefaultDuration                         : 10s 480msBit rate mode                    : VariableBit rate                         : 477 KbpsWidth                            : 160 pixelsHeight                           : 120 pixelsDisplay aspect ratio             : 4:3Frame rate                       : 25.000 fpsColor space                      : YUVBit depth                        : 8 bitsScan type                        : ProgressiveCompression mode                 : LossyBits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.993Stream size                      : 610 KiB (81%)Writing library                  : TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress Version. 3.0.4.24 AudioID                               : 192 (0xC0)Format                           : MPEG AudioFormat version                   : Version 1Format profile                   : Layer 2Duration                         : 10s 512msBit rate mode                    : ConstantBit rate                         : 96.0 KbpsChannel(s)                       : 1 channelSampling rate                    : 32.0 KHzCompression mode                 : LossyStream size                      : 123 KiB (16%)

What does your speaker configuration look like?

Its a long shot, but if the video shows it may be an issue with your computer or the speakers you are using. It may be your system which outputs the audio of those videos to a speaker which doesn't exist. The audio in those videos is always mono (see below). And unlike sirens, the game does not upscale that to stereo, so the output is pure mono too. In case you're using laptop speakers (2.0 set) while your Windows audio preferences are set for a 5.1 set, you will not hear the voices because Windows tries to divert the mono audio to your center speaker which your laptop doesn't have. In case of a 2.0 set, you should hear the voices through both speakers with the correct Windows setting (see below for the settings I'm talking about). Know what I mean? A simple test, when you load a mission can you hear that missionbriefing voice? That voice always plays through the center speaker of my 5.1 surround set while the rest of the game is stereo and plays through my left and right speakers (when using direct 6-channel output).

No I cant hear the voice there is no voice at all. And I have a desktop(you may be speaking to freakinfuzzball but whatever).

i really appreciate everyone who is trying to help its just a shame my traffic lights have screwed up on all of my maps custom mod maps and all