999madtom

Police 10-13

I saw a game called Police 10-13 It like Emergency 4/5 advertised somewhere and it is coming out in 2015ish. Looks pretty realistic and has a multiplayer system and dispatch system! I'll post the video when I go on my PC.

Don't get your hopes up. This game has a lot of legal and public relation flaws that Ive seen since developing my own. It has potential but right now it is headed in the wrong direction. If you look into the lead developer of this project, he is a scam artist and the only reason he decided to "start" this game was to say a big f*%# you to everyone at LCPDFR. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt but I don't expect anything to come out of their game, and if anything, not much of what they say they have planned.

Looks like NFS: Most Wanted to me, with a lil more police funcionality. Another game which ONLY shows visuals and zero gameplay. I mean, look at the videos, they just show a chase (with nice graphics) and a shooting range (with horrible graphics?) and thats it. No interaction can be seen. Yet the fans probably all have high expections for this pretty game. Ofcourse, the authors made a ton of cool promises which will not be met, because coding/scripting is tougher than expected (duh). I'm sure it won't be as bad as Air Control (

) though, but I never really have high expectations for green'litter' games.

Offtopic:

I still don't understand why Steam allowed amateurs with their faulty greenlight system. It will unconditionally lead to a saturated game supply with Steam offering tons of B-games (for a couple of bucks) that are NOT fun and don't meet the original promises the authors made in their concepts. And in the end, Steam will take a hit in its reputation.

I think that's quite a cynical view there, hoppah. Whilst the game probably won't always reach the high coding standards it aims for, I think it will get some way beyond 'only visuals and no gameplay'. I hope so, at least. There has been a long gap in the market for this and a huge interest shown, so they have a perfectly good opportunity here. I hear it's the studio's first game though, so whilst I remain optimistic (this is a game I personally long for) I expect some disappointments.

Well, I was exaggerating a bit, but my point stands. What I've seen alot is that people see great graphics and expect gameplay of equal quality. In the mean time, graphics and gameplay are two entirely different worlds. You can make a game look photorealistic but without a solid entertaining gameplay core it will still be trash. Graphics don't mean much anymore then, do they? If most time is put into graphics you will probably end up with a lot of disappointed players because you cannot meet your own promises as well as their expectations gameplaywise. Deadlines make that even worse. If I were a gamecreator, I'd build the basic gameplay core (the scripts and codes and what not) first, just to prove my concept. You know what the graphics engine (like RAGE) you're using is capable of anyway, so graphics shouldn't be prioritized at all in the beginning, but its still what they all show. Eye-candy and a concept.

I like to use graphics in my work to make the UX better and more dynamic.