thumper35

Need Help with Winrar

Still attempting to understand how far along in the process you are. I am currently assuming that somewhere on your computer you have a file called ex. Mymod.rar (the .rar) is the important part. This is what we call a compressed archive. In order to open it you need a program to decompress it. (7-zip is one example) You will have to run and install your new software on the computer (only download and use software from sources you trust). Now that the software is installed you can use it to decompress. With 7-zip you can right click on the .rar file and mouse over 7-zip and then extract to /mymod/ (trying to do this from memory as I am currently at work). Once that is done you need to copy the right folders into your modifications folder. Hope that helps

I have downloaded 7 zip and WinRAR but have not downloaded any mod files yet as when I tried before I can download the file and when its finished downloading I don't know what to do with it after that. I do not have a file called ex.Mymod.rar on my computer. the only thing I have on my computer is the LA MOB that Is currently in my downloaded file that runs the game. I don't know what more to tell you as this is why I was asking for help via team viewer as its hard for me to understand and say what I have in what folder. sorry

The more helpful you are, the more you can be helped.... From what I gather of what you have is that you have downloaded the LA mod (hopefully the original by hoppah because that one does work).  When you download this file it comes in a rar file, in the LA mod for example there is a PDF Manual/readme, and an application that installs the mod, but in most mods it is a readme and a modification file.  In the LA mod's case, extract the files to your desktop (you can just drag them from the app like winrar to your desktop) and follow the instructions of the application for installation of the mod, as long as you installed the game to the original directory this is an easy task.  Most mods come with a modification file in them and just simply have to be extracted to the desktop then double clicked and the mod installer that came with the game will automatically pop up and ask to install the modification.

There are sub-mods and things of that nature that have just the gamefiles in the RAR instead of an actual installer or mod installer, in those instances you MUST follow the instructions provided by the mod producers since they setup their files to overwrite an existing mod's things for the most part and require special attention, but installing most mods is as straightforward as I have described above.

I have had the LA mod for a long time and I believe its the 2.1 version and it has worked fine but I recently cam back here to see if there is anything new and saw a California siren mod I wanted to download along with some other mods but when I downloaded them they came in a WINRAR file which I forgot how to extract the file and which file to extract. That's all the help I need. Like I said im not a kid whos is smart about computers in fact im a old dude who forgot so that's why im asking for a team viewer help as this will be allot more helpful than just explaining it. so once again I ask how to extract and which file to extract in a WinRAR file.

Either in that package or in the download center or in the sub-mod's topic there should be instructions on how/where to install it.  They should have included a readme IN the rar file, but some of the lesser quality submods don't do this so you have to look at the download it's self for instruction or in their topic for a guide on where to drag and drop the files to.  Being that each sub mod is different I can't tell you for sure what it changes and where the files must go.

I'm old too.

So the file you've got is a .rar (or WinRar) file. Easiest thing you can do is extracting the entire file to your desktop using WinRar, 7zip or any other program which can extract .rar files. Then see whats inside and install the mod or submod using the provided installation instructions. Sometimes those instructions are inside a certain readme file.

If you have 911:First Responders, it is already by default patched to 1.3, so no patch is required, the patches only apply to Deluxe and em4 (non first responders).

1.3 is the correct game version, 2.1 is the last LA mod version released, as long as the addon you want to add is compatible with 2.1 of the LA mod it will work, extract the files to your desktop, then copy and paste them into the mod folder.  EX :\game dir\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.1\ follow the hierarchy of the folders that extratcted to your desktop to know what folders to replace the files in.

Well have we not forgotten that it is not a good idea to bite the hand that is trying to help you?  I'll put it simple for you, what is the game that you have exactly? is it EMERGENCY 3, or Emergency 4/911 First responders... Depending on what it is, underneath the downloads section at the top of the forum you can select downloads available for each game, and only each game.  Once you know what game you have just simply go through the downloads for emergency3 OR emergency 4.

Sorry im not trying to be rude but this is why I asked for someone with teamviewer to help me as we could have got this done in 10 minutes. I want and need your help don't get me wrong but I was hoping for a faster result . I have taken a screen shot of the two games I have which are in the middle of the screen. I hope you can see them as they are small but hope this helps

post-58578-0-78984400-1404689571_thumb.p

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/files/category/36-emergency-4/

The above link contains all the site's downloads that are compatible with your game, you have 911: First Responders, it is sold as emergency 4 as well, so any modification designed to work for them will work for you.  Everything in the downloads center should be fairly straightforward for installation instructions, if you download from outside of the site we cannot state whether or not their content would be easy enough to install.

I do not have teamviewer, and unfortunately it's a two-way street, expecting for us to be "quick" whilst not clearly stating what you've got and what the issue is exactly that you require help with, makes it very hard to expedite the whole helping process.  We have to guess what you're trying to do and how to get you to it as it stands.  Now we finally definitively know that you have 4/FR, but we don't know what you're trying to install to even point you to the instructions on what to do.