THVFD

River Falls Mod (Fictional) (Private)

Today i shall show you all a small update on the lights and models

All Models- Itchboy, Bama1234, Hoppah,  and Myself

All Skins- Reaper and Myself

All Lights- Myself(with some support from itchboy Many thanks for that)

The Music is the Theme for Third Watch

With this post i will also be delivering a bit of bad news in wake of all of the credits stuff and everyone moving to other sites because of the credits issue myself and the mod team have decided to keep River Falls a private mod but i will continue to update one the progress of the mod

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

6 hours ago, dbeehler said:

probably would have been a great mod. another modding community being ripped apart by bloody thirsty creators that cant let someone use an antenna from their car on someones else's car without  flipping shit.

no its because some people will take vehicles from other mods and then not give the proper credit to person who originally created that vehicle 

River Falls is being kept as a private mod because the community atmosphere right now is not conducive to the mod being played and used properly and we feel that it is in our best interest to keep the mod private.

All in all it is not the right time for this mod to be released to the public.

Thank you for your coperation.

Sincerly THVFD

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Okay, this is where I have to intervene because its these kinds of discussions that are usually the impetus for flame wars. Please respect the THVFD's decision and refrain from PM'ing him or spamming him. Any form of bullying will not be tolerated.

On this site, we dont censor anyone for speaking their mind, or having this kind of opinion. As long as you are reasonable and not denigrating anyone, then we tolerate this type of discussion.

Firstly, the community rift last year was not caused soley by content creators. The people who initiated the rift were the individuals who were angered because they were no longer allowed to rip other's content. Most if not all creators have been reasonable, and allowed usage to people who credited and asked permissions for usage. Unfortunately, even those basic steps were being disregarded by a sizeable number of parties.

Second, not all authors arent bloodthirsty, certainly not the ones here. The comparison of 'an antenna' is rather oversimplifying the situation and paints a rather inaccurate picture of what was being used unfairly. It wasnt just antennas, but entire vehicles, scripts, whole packages even. Modders eventually got tired of seeing their hard-worked items being taken apart without their consent, and often without mentioning their names. Some modders took things further by choosing to take credit for other people's work, or in some examples, charged money for mods that used other people's content.

Eventually, measures were put in place by the sites administration team to stop this behavior, which caused anger among many because they no longer were able to continue this attitude of content use without respect to the authors and creators.  Numerous people reacted negatively to this action and formed their own forums elswhere using free forum software. Other groups splintered onto Facebook. They had the choice to stay, but decided not to. Nothing wrong with what they did, but attributing the division to the content creators is rather one sided, and single-dimensional in logic.

On the part of creators, some individuals, myself included, made rather repugnant statements directed at other individuals we felt were against our interests. All of us have apologized, taken our punishments from this site's administrators, and moved on with our lives.

The overall fault for what has happened lies with the extremists of both groups who incited negative actions upon each other.

With regards to your usage of 'flipping shit', this kind of language is not conducive to civilized discussion. In future, please refrain from using this type of language when presenting a valid point.

• Upvote 3

So few years ago i do belive but definetly a year ago itchboy posted this picture of the previous version of River Falls and the Stations for the units

And today i am proud to show this image of all the new stations made by one of my mod team members and the amazing skins done by reaper for all the awesome models that are complied of itchboy,bama,mikeypi, and myself

7GKWByM.jpg

Sadly this mod will continue to be private i just thought it would be nice to do a throwback picture

liSU6iP.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 8/8/2016 at 6:12 PM, THVFD said:

[...] this image [...]

I'm not sure if it's broken for anyone else but there's no image on this post... shoot! (( Fixed )) 

This mod looks great and I love to see what you come up with!

14 hours ago, ThatOneIowan said:

I'm not sure if it's broken for anyone else but there's no image on this post... shoot! This mod looks great and I love to see what you come up with!

i have fixed the issue now you can veiw the images

• Upvote 1

One of them isnt all new though:

I'd like to see the skin changed at least, give it more of a unique feel here =)

Least ya changed it out, but still when ya used it I'd have done some kitbashing on the skin.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

6 hours ago, MikeyPI said:

One of them isnt all new though:

I'd like to see the skin changed at least, give it more of a unique feel here =)

Least ya changed it out, but still when ya used it I'd have done some kitbashing on the skin.

the one's in the top verison are all the old one's i added in before i was taught how to model

the one's in the bottem are all made new by one of the mod team members 

Hi all been quit some time. Just so you know the mod is not dead it is still being worked on and progressing greatly we are just keeping everything a secret.

To Start things off you all are going to see lots of goodies. To start things off here is a image of a reworked UMFD Engine

Ew3cVKT.jpg

Credits - THVFD, Itchboy

Here is a Picture of the New American Fire Hydrant Model for River Falls

iJwJ4QG.jpg

Credits - THVFD

RFFD Ladder 1

3TPwaPk.jpg

Credits - THVFD, Reaper, Flnn, Itchboy

UMFD Rescue 1

Vl6mFcV.jpg

Credits - THVFD, Reaper, Itchboy, EMC- Unit

UMFD Hazmat 1

U0E9NNm.jpg

Credits - THVFD, Reaper, Itchboy, EMC- Unit

UMFD Hazmat 1 Support

C3yGmNm.jpg

Credits - THVFD, Reaper, Itchboy

UMFD Ladder 1

58f7cCA.jpg

Credits - THVFD, Reaper, Itchboy, Flnn-Rescue, Hoppah

UMFD Tanker 1

36smIgq.jpg

Credits - THVFD, Reaper, Itchboy, Flnn-Rescue

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, THVFD said:

Hi all been quit some time. Just so you know the mod is not dead it is still being worked on and progressing greatly we are just keeping everything a secret.

To Start things off you all are going to see lots of goodies. To start things off here is a image of a reworked UMFD Engine

Fabulous work on the uinits! Especially i love the retro wig-wags on a Ladder!

P.S. Delete the "half-spheres" inside my lightbars, they eat a shit ton of polygons. http://imgur.com/wukgLmb

really wish it wasn't private but it looks good. It reminds me of some of the fire trucks in our surrounding districts

Edited by tbone1fire
added stuff