Hi again people. :)

I've been trying to recreate this anti-riot van for my modification for the 10th time and I still can't get a couple of things to look right.

06FSvuA.jpg

I've been trying but I can't do the rambar and the front window protection cages because of my Zmodeler2 "skills".

Can someone help me out with this one? I don't need ultra-detailed models, I just need something just to make it look like in the picture (upper cage upwards, like the photo).

Any help would be extremely appreciated! :)

The model is attached below. 

EDIT: Original model by Stormi and David.

CI Sprinter.zip

Did you already try it yourself?

For both the bar and window cage, model the frames first. That's relatively easy with the tubes tool in Zmody. Then build a simple 2D surface for the wire mesh (or w/e its called) and use a transparant texture of a wire mesh on that. I'm talking about a texture like this (clicky click) and make sure the white areas are fully transparant.

I can understand you need others to build you cars, but if you want to make a full mod, you should be able to do small and easy objects AT LEAST in my opinion.

Did you already try it yourself?

For both the bar and window cage, model the frames first. That's relatively easy with the tubes tool in Zmody. Then build a simple 2D surface for the wire mesh (or w/e its called) and use a transparant texture of a wire mesh on that. I'm talking about a texture like this (clicky click) and make sure the white areas are fully transparant.

I can understand you need others to build you cars, but if you want to make a full mod, you should be able to do small and easy objects AT LEAST in my opinion.

Yup. I tried several times.

I'll see what I can do about the cages, that seems like a really good idea. Thanks for the help. :D

As hoop said it is very easy to do what you need to within zmod 2

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Made while hoop wrote his post.... 

Wow. That looks awesome. :)Would you mind sending it to me, please?

Thanks for the sugestions and for the support. I'll bring pictures of the finished unit once I have the time to work on it.  :happy:

30 mins

post-4-0-26418500-1400365160_thumb.jpg

RAMBAR AND WINDOW CAGE:

Model by MikeyPI

Texture/UV-map by Hoppah

edit, oh and:

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter CI model by an unknown/unnamed German boy (you should've mentioned the original author in the first post)

Would you mind sending it to me, please?

No

aYbvB1N_460sa.gif

Ok, we first wanted to be dicks to prove a point and not share the model. The point is that it's fair that any mod-creator should be able to at least create fairly easy objects, like the one we just made. It really aint that hard, but you gotta be willing to invest your time to learn the process. You'll get the model in a few days, because otherwise we would've wasted our time. :)

No

Ok, we first wanted to be dicks to prove a point and not share the model. The point is that it's fair that any mod-creator should be able to at least create fairly easy objects, like the one we just made. It really aint that hard, but you gotta be willing to invest your time to learn the process. You'll get the model in a few days, because otherwise we would've wasted our time. :)

Fair enough. ^^

I'll give it a shot, shouldn't do any harm. I got plenty of ideas for stuff to work on. Thanks, guys. :)

To be totally honest, it's where we both started out in modding things, we built the smaller parts as they are easier than a full-blown car, but in the end we will give you the parts we did, the rear taillight guards still need to be built so perhaps it'd be nice to do them to see that it isnt too bad to do it.

Here you go, seperate model and texture. Can be added/assigned to the model easily.

bumper.rar

model by MikeyPI

texture by Hoppah

Make sure to credit original authors of models when posting pictures and more importantly, when you're releasing your modification.

Yours sincerely,

Hoppah

EMP Staff

Special Needs Department

• Upvote 1