The Loot

"Radio" Script

Since there's a limit of around a dozen or so commands under the "equipment" menu, you can't give your people a bunch of different vehicle call commands.

Now you can!

Follow the readme at the top of this script, and you'll be able to assign almost twice the amount of commands (sold separately, of course).

README

Step 1: Find the line "SetGroupID(CGROUP_GETEQUIPMENT);" in all vehicle call scripts, and comment it out with "//".
Step 2: Make a copy of all person prototypes you want to set up for this script, adding something like "_radio" to the filename.
Step 3: In the editor, rename the new prototypes to "PERSON NAME Radio", remove all commands from them, and set the default animation to "talkmike".
Step 4: Add the command "PcmdRadioEnd" to them, followed by all desired call commands.
Step 5: Add the command "PcmdRadio" to the normal person prototypes, and remove all call commands from them.
Step 6: Define your constants; Most LA mod personnel given as examples below. May need to define radio model, too.
Step 7: (Optional) Create (or "borrow with permission") "radio" icons and place in command icon folder.
Step 8: To get an audio file to play when using the new person, you'll also have to modify the call script prototype check. Either adjust the filepath of the existing constant, or add a new constant, in case the non-radio person is used elsewhere in the script.
Step 9: Enjoy the ability to have around 20 call commands on a person, along with any equipment commands you wish.

post-35570-0-90160400-1400144317_thumb.j

Radio.zip

Correct, I've seen the icon show up in a couple of (sub)mods now. People seem to like it.

It fits perfectly with the style of other icons, so it's easy to see why.

Speaking of icons, looking at my screenshot reminds me that I have to edit a few of my call command icons, namely changing the repeat USAR to a crane, removing the numbers from the engine and ladder, and adding those arrows.

Forgot one edit you'll have to do to the call scripts.

The Prototype check for the audio file will have to be changed to the new "radio" version of the person. Either change the filepath at the constant, or add a new constant in case the non-radio person is used elsewhere in the script (like spawning passengers in vehicles).

Readme in script is updated.