itchboy

Itchboy's Model Works

I havent even seen a 2015 suburban/tahoe police package in use, really don't see many of the civilian ones either to be totally honest.  I think it's ugly and perhaps just perhaps the mainstream buyers are feeling the same thing.  I see way more explorers than chevrolet products used for police purposes lately.

I havent even seen a 2015 suburban/tahoe police package in use, really don't see many of the civilian ones either to be totally honest. I think it's ugly and perhaps just perhaps the mainstream buyers are feeling the same thing. I see way more explorers than chevrolet products used for police purposes lately.

Yeah I can agree with that also that they are ugly a little IMO, but Sergeants or Supervisors would be the ones driving the new Tahoes for making a Mobile Command Post. But yes, you can see more Ford Police Vehicles especially the Explorer than the Tahoe. A few PD's in SoCal, started buying them that I am aware of.

http://www.government-fleet.com/channel/law-enforcement/news/story/2014/12/calif-sheriff-takes-delivery-of-first-tahoe-ppvs.aspx

When I recently went to Las Vegas I saw the Tahoe being used for K9 and Unmarked.

My local city police services recently purchased a few 2015 tahoes for the specialized units like K-9 or Tac team, but for general patrol officers they are driving the interceptor suvs. So it's just the matter of $$$, fuel economy,ergonomics, vehicle interior space and yada yada yada. 

I think it's mostly down to cost of investment for the new subs/tahoes... Given what they cost vs alternative vehicles (albeit smaller ones) they really just don't make sense in the current times..  Add in that the explorer is actually rather large inside but still relatively small outside it makes a more maneuverable urban environment vehicle.  The Subs in particular are just flat out huge and not ideal for urban life.  Even K-9 I've seen alot more going to the Explorer than the Sub (tahoes were never really all that popular to begin with for LEO use since if you need a huge truck you're just going to go for the full suburban instead of a slightly smaller tahoe).  Comparing the Tahoe to the Explorer, I'd probably go with an Explorer first from my view, which is hard to say since I think it's not good looking either, but it at least meets the terms that CFD listed that myself, and most agencies would be looking at as well.

Lol. This thread blew up. No replies for 3 months and then this many in 6 hours.

Listen guys, tbh, I'll only do a new Explorer or Tahoe if any of the agencies in my LA mod will use them. Its pretty much down to that. Even if everyone else uses them, if LA don't use them, then I have no reason to make a base for those new vehicles.

It depends on my mood too. If I feel like modding and am bored, you'll get a new shiny car. If I don't, then you'll get nothing.

what scale should things be at as im modelign something but dont know how big to make it

Just import similar model into the editor and scale your model to look realistic in comparison with it. Than delete the reference model from the scene and export the model you get to Em, it should have the right scale.

So because itchboy cancelled it, he can't change his mind.? Not sure why you ask that question and then be surprised by the answer.

I see why all the good modders get frustrated. It seems like no matter what they do, someone isnt happy or questions every decision they make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So because itchboy cancelled it, he can't change his mind.? Not sure why you ask that question and then be surprised by the answer.

I see why all the good modders get frustrated. It seems like no matter what they do, someone isnt happy or questions every decision they make.

+1 no one is ever happy when it comes to things like this (or anything for that matter).

Itchboy wanted to showcase it, just because it's no longer available to download doesn't mean he can't show off his work for others to see and get feedback on them.

What's the reason why this project was cancelled? I saw this as a great community project and I remember back to when this was first started and itch told me he saw this as an opportunity to give back to a community he had been viewing for some time before even creating an account.

It is a shame, I hope you would reconsider but it is what it is, I know there's been some issue with credits etc and I understand if someone uses something they should credit the source, but all those who violated the rules have been spoken to and action taken, there's still so many projects both private and public that use the models you brought over to em4 who have done nothing wrong and always played by the rules.

Just something to consider, it'll probably not see much of an impact but if this community wants to heal it should take steps from its members to help return to normal.

All just my opinion many might disagree and I understand that, food for thought.

What's the reason why this project was cancelled? I saw this as a great community project and I remember back to when this was first started and itch told me he saw this as an opportunity to give back to a community he had been viewing for some time before even creating an account.

It is a shame, I hope you would reconsider but it is what it is, I know there's been some issue with credits etc and I understand if someone uses something they should credit the source, but all those who violated the rules have been spoken to and action taken, there's still so many projects both private and public that use the models you brought over to em4 who have done nothing wrong and always played by the rules.

Just something to consider, it'll probably not see much of an impact but if this community wants to heal it should take steps from its members to help return to normal.

All just my opinion many might disagree and I understand that, food for thought.

There is no more community to give back to. Just 9 or 10 people who still have decency and respect for each other.

You're talking about playing by the rules? NFK's post says you have about a dozen models that are in question. Not just one. Wasn't that the main argument that you used to villify the people who have done nothing wrong and played by the rules? Funny isn't it.

TUYgQmO.png

MikeyPI, Turbosquid, and some GTA modders would be so proud wouldnt they?

What is there to reconsider when your actions of creating a splinter website and rallying up your 'fans' have caused a great divide to the Em4 English Community, thousands of times more than any cancelled project could.

If this community wants to heal, the majority need to understand, stealing models aint cool, you must respect the content author's wishes, crediting is the most basic step in using other people's things, and that reskin mods will be the end of this game. They also need ot understand that mods don't drop out of the sky and that they are not entitled to have a mod.

The only way the community can go back to normal is if you own up to your mistakes and call off your keyboard hit-squad that badmouths this site and more importantly, if you would set an example to your followers that content should be respected, not descrated like what you did with your mods. Playing the victim and crying rape just vilifies the legitamate modders (that you apparently care so much about) and makes it seem like you are the only one who can be trusted.

Truth is, this "community" that you say is so great and awesome doesn't really care. They only want mods, no matter what the quality, or shape or form. They don't care about me, you or anyone really as long as the .v3o's and .e4p's keep coming.

So because itchboy cancelled it, he can't change his mind.?

Nope. And there aint nothing that anyone can do to change my mind.

lol this whole feud has ruined this entire forum. Hope everyone is happy, glad theres a new mod site up and running that isnt full with a bunch of whiny little *** that think that they are the king of the sandbox.

Edited by MikeyPI
Language.

lol this whole feud has ruined this entire forum. Hope everyone is happy, glad theres a new mod site up and running that isnt full with a bunch of whiny little *** that think that they are the king of the sandbox.

The only whiney little ******* I am seeing here are the ones finally getting called out for what is going on. The simple fact that they must run away and start another mod site to keep doing what they are doing proves to me that what itchboy and others are upset about is 150% true.

I for one dont care how many members this site does or does not have, as long as Stan and the mods keep it operational, i will wait patiently for NEW, quality mods to come out. I only hope that its not too late and people have not ruined it for those of us that actually appreciate the hard work that goes into every piece of these mods.

Edited by MikeyPI
Edited Quoted content.

The only whiney little ******* I am seeing here are the ones finally getting called out for what is going on. The simple fact that they must run away and start another mod site to keep doing what they are doing proves to me that what itchboy and others are upset about is 150% true.

I for one dont care how many members this site does or does not have, as long as Stan and the mods keep it operational, i will wait patiently for NEW, quality mods to come out. I only hope that its not too late and people have not ruined it for those of us that actually appreciate the hard work that goes into every piece of these mods.

Not exactly. 

Really all of this is stupid. I have been watching the forum for years. It has always been great until recently.

Honestly Itchboy, why are you bringing up the NYCERU stuff. If I remember correctly, Dyson did not deal with the models. That was Raf.

Also Itchboy, reskins will not ruin the game/community. Some reskins are absolutely amazing and better than standalones. You saying these words influences people to hide their great work because they are afraid of the response they would get from the community, all thanks to your comments.

In most cases, mod creators do not intend to steal and not credit. I know late nights when I finish working on stuff and i'm half asleep and I post something, I forget things. Say crediting 1 or 2 people. I wake up the next day and either notice my mistake or someone notified me of it and it gets fixed. For some reason, as soon as someone slips up, its game over and before they can fix it, they already get a barrage of bs whining from content creators.

I understand it sucks and may not be 100% fair to not get credited right away, but for heavens sake, give it a break.  :tongue2:  :WTF:  :zzz:

This is the issue with the community, I'm trying to put things behind all of us and work towards the greater good but once again another topic has descended into arguments.

The reason I left this site is purely this, I felt like there was too much tension, I didnt make another site, I didn't get an army of keyboard warriors, I literally just moved.

This whole model theft has been blown way out of proportion, yeah there were some things raf used without my knowledge but they were never stolen, if you'll actually check all of our readme a have always credited Mikey he's actually a nice guy who is easy to level with, hell after all of this he still spoke to me and we sorted things out. The problem now lies with members uninformed carrying on this saga.

I don't really care what you do, I just knew the itchboy before all of this, that was so eager to help others and didn't care about anything else, now it just seems like you've changed and you've even started hindering all the people you once helped.

Yeah reskins aren't the best, but so what? If someone wants to make a mod that someone else will enjoy too who cares how complex it is? That's just where egos come into it and a community run by egos will fall apart pretty quick.

Anyway thanks for dragging up the whole model thing once again it's always fun. I know there's too many minds that are already made up so this entire post is pretty much in vain, but you all really need to start rebuilding the community if it's going to survive.

This is the issue with the community, I'm trying to put things behind all of us and work towards the greater good but once again another topic has descended into arguments.

The reason I left this site is purely this, I felt like there was too much tension, I didnt make another site, I didn't get an army of keyboard warriors, I literally just moved.

This whole model theft has been blown way out of proportion, yeah there were some things raf used without my knowledge but they were never stolen, if you'll actually check all of our readme a have always credited Mikey he's actually a nice guy who is easy to level with, hell after all of this he still spoke to me and we sorted things out. The problem now lies with members uninformed carrying on this saga.

I don't really care what you do, I just knew the itchboy before all of this, that was so eager to help others and didn't care about anything else, now it just seems like you've changed and you've even started hindering all the people you once helped.

Yeah reskins aren't the best, but so what? If someone wants to make a mod that someone else will enjoy too who cares how complex it is? That's just where egos come into it and a community run by egos will fall apart pretty quick.

Anyway thanks for dragging up the whole model thing once again it's always fun. I know there's too many minds that are already made up so this entire post is pretty much in vain, but you all really need to start rebuilding the community if it's going to survive.

Since my name has been thrown into this mix yet again I will go ahead and state my peace on this issue and hopefully it'll end here with it.

What I have noticed is that much of the tension that occurs here as of recent has came in the form of persons from the other english site roaming their way here with the explicit purposes of stirring the pot so to speak.  I know this because sadly for me, I've had to address it several times in recent weeks, which ultimately is not beneficial to the community and any potential "healing" that can take place.  Perhaps if people exercised the concept of "can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" things would be more amicable. For your part dyson, you are not one of those that seems to intend to stir the pot, others on the other hand have done just that in the process. People have their own agendas and I can tell you from long experience, many of them do not share the well-being of the community in mind.

To me with our issues that we encountered, the issues could have been addressed in a much more discreet manner (which would have suited everyone in the end I believe), unfortunately you made choices to make the issue quite public which propagated much of the tensions that are currently going on in this community.  While I cannot say you were aware of what Raf did do or did not do, he or someone else did ultimately take from my mod without permission and did so in a deceptive manner at best. I can say from what I was shown that it was in fact not a minor issue from my view, there were many models directly taken from my mod and altered to attempt to conceal where they originated, to me that is a pretty big deal considering the time I did put into those projects.  That being said, had we not had a previous misunderstanding which Hoppah addressed on my behalf stating very clearly and in concise terms that the content had to be removed it probably would not have been such a big deal to me either.  

Unfortunately, Hoopah did make it clear that the content from my NYC mod would have to be removed and Raf stated it would be removed per the request, but failed to actually follow through on his word does make what he did in fact a theft, not a misunderstanding.  Your culpability in the whole scenario as to how much you were aware of, as well as any potential part you had in the issues was debatable at best, especially considering that you yourself do not model, so chances are you never saw the wireframes to see they were in fact carbon copies of mine.  As such the only reason you had to have involvement was because of the fact you are the steward of those mods, which unfortunately makes you accountable to rectifying the situation we had.  You were not banned, nor actually warned as a result of any of this, nor should you have been given that there is no definitive tie to you and being directly responsible for the theft of that content.  Ultimately Raf should have owned up to that issue, it was taken on his good faith and his word that he resolved the problems the previous go-round we had, which he ultimately did not actually follow through on in the least.  That is what ultimately offended me more than anything, had it have been the first time we had any issues, it would not have bothered me as badly, but having the same issue crop up again when Raf assured it would be addressed was quite offensive and to be made into a villain when I in fact wronged in the first place was totally insane to me.  Perhaps you were a victim as well dyson, but that would be something to take up with Raf regarding, since he is the one who quite honestly lied to me as much as you.

I gave a fairly simple resolution to you, of which you can partake on either one of them to consider our situation resolved. The first being to remove all the offending content that was not from the LA mod but in fact came from the NYC mod, or alternatively to credit the materials from the NYC mod separately and with the caveat to contact me for permission to use it. If either of those steps are taken we would be perfectly fine and life would go on for my part in the crediting nightmare.  The content from LA I always let be out there just for ease of the fact that Hoop made the LA mod open to use by anyone, so that content is allowed to be used, NYC I did not make it free to use but simply required asking permission from me to use it, which most the time I permit.

Reskin mods do have their place in this community, they work as a great stop-gap between the new content created, as that takes a ton of time to do, especially when you have your life outside of this community to take into account.  Most of us have to work or goto school, on top of other personal obligations which limit our modding-time quite a bit.  Reskins work great to fill those voids between such steps forward in the format of new content, as well as giving new modders a venue to try to wade into the modding process.  To me though I have to be honest in that I miss the days when such reskin mods were classified as "sub-mods" of the original modification which they largely worked off of, since back then it was much clearer how much someone was actually responsible for vs how much was from the original people.  The problems we've had alot lately ultimately result from lax crediting processes by a good number of the modders in general, thus making it much harder for the reskinners to have proper accounting of the credits and who did what.

As an original content creator I can honestly say that for the most part what I find offensive more than anything is how people on both sides seem iron-willed to create the extremes of both sides of this argument instead of trying to see one another's perspectives and trying to find some understanding and more importantly respect for one another.  Fact is, the reskinners who wish to use the content out there would not have new content without the original guys taking the time to make it in the first place, the game would get very stale very fast as a result.  No matter how many times you respray a model, if it's unchanged it's still the exact same model as the one you've already seen countless times before.  To follow the wishes of these guys who are taking the time to make such content that you have access to because they do invest that time.  For some it's as simple as crediting them, for others they have more strict caveats, but if you want to release it for the public, you really should be following whatever these people deem.  If you don't want to have to worry about such hassles, the catch is that you'd do your project in private and could not distribute it... It's really that simple.

That being said though, original creators have to be willing to give a little bit in letting people use their stuff to start out.  We all started somewhere, and for most it was modifying other's works to learn the ropes, be it in this game or another game for most of us it's how we learned as well.  So there has to be some give to let people use the stuff to help them start their modding futures, that is one thing that several years ago made it quite trying to start out in modding this game.  A few years ago you did not have the luxury of so much content to source to kitbash together to make your own reskin mod, back then there was far less content and most of it was totally unavailable.  Now you have it out there with for the most part reasonable considerations to the original authors required to use them.  Please if you want to use other's stuff, including mine, take the time to credit them, and if they don't explicitly say "feel free to use it" ask them if you can use it in a project you intend to release.  It's a common courtesy and something quite honestly that has been forgotten and taken advantage of far too often in recent times.

Perhaps just perhaps if people were a little less extreme a bit more understanding of everyone things would calm down, but as I've said before many out there have their own vendettas and agendas they feel the need to pursue and are using such a time as this to their full exploitation.  What is really sad is that we as a community cannot see this conduct and clip it out.  If the community wants to be a community, healing starts from within, learn to be more understanding and ultimately more respectful, that goes for everyone out there... If everyone wants to be egotistical and selfish, then there is no point in calling it a community at all, Original creators need to be willing to help new guys start out, reskinners/new guys need to be willing to respect the guys  who make the content they themselves want to use.. If we can manage to get there perhaps the whole credit/permissions bs will calm down, if people continue to be unwilling to give and just want to take, then extremism will persist.