itchboy

Itchboy's Model Works

In truth it would probably be more accurate to have the charger be the base-model version, that's usually what police package vehicles are based off of, not performance model versions of the car. the SXT has upgrades that most police departments would not want to pony up for, my bet most charger police cars are SE/LT model (whichever dodge calls their base models).  The SXT is more of a "performance" version with some cosmetic upgrades and other things police officers would probably like just fine, but the bean counters would not want to pay the difference for.

Taurus. Will you also be updating the one pictured with the police package tail lights, instead of the civilian ones?

The tail lights are indeed wrong. Just noticed that now. Will fix.

In truth it would probably be more accurate to have the charger be the base-model version, that's usually what police package vehicles are based off of, not performance model versions of the car. the SXT has upgrades that most police departments would not want to pony up for, my bet most charger police cars are SE/LT model (whichever dodge calls their base models).  The SXT is more of a "performance" version with some cosmetic upgrades and other things police officers would probably like just fine, but the bean counters would not want to pay the difference for.

Didn't know this. I only used SXT because that is what I used on the Chargers in my LA mod vehicle pack.

Do any police version SRT8's exist outside of Need For Speed games? As in actually used by police and not a show car or a demo vehicle made by a tuning company.

That's the thing.  MikeyPI explained it perfectly.  The police packages are pretty basic when it comes to cosmetic upgrades.

I would love to say cops are kind to their cars, but in reality since the vehicles change hands pretty frequently in most departments (multiple drivers of the same unit through the day) they kind of treat them like most civilians do rentals, so it isnt unheard of for police cars to take "minor" damages in the course of their duties, in an effort to make it cheaper to fix them most police agencies don't go for higher models and instead get "fleet" vehicles for their police vehicles, even if the particular vehicle in question does not have a police package.  D.A.R.E. cars and other specialty units break the rule on buying the cheapest thing available, but outside of that they usually go with the most basic ones because the parts are cheaper to repair/replace when there are less of them, plus there is less to go wrong with a car when it's a basic package missing all the added goodies for an upgrade package (like the fog lamps in the bumpers).  Demo cars are rarely that basic package that most departments end up going with, the "demo" is kind of like the prototype version of a car that you see at auto shows where they show you an all decked out version to make ya want it, by the time the bean counters are through with them they are as stripped of extras as they can get them.  When building american police cars it's usually a good bet that it's either a "fleet" vehicle (the big 3 have fleet distributor divisions for corporate/government wholesale of the most common fleet cars), police packages (stripped versions of the basic packages), or just the basic package.  For example some departments have expeditions in their fleets, most of those departments did not spring for the eddie bauer edition of these trucks.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=2426&id=620&full=1

This should give more variety in fire trucks.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/files/file/620-fire-truck-cab-pack/

These are cabs that need to be worked on in Zmodeler and given crosslays and rear bodies. Just giving them out for the benefit of the community. Feedback is appreciated.