itchboy

Itchboy's Model Works

TAXI!!!!!

Announcing the civil special replacement pack to replace the vanilla civil special cars.

A little announcement:
I want to have a little contest. Post textures from the vehicles in my pack the roles listed below and the community will vote for who's skin they like best.

Skins may be fictional or nonfictional. Just try to remove any location specific things if it is a fictional skin (so that it maintains the generic theme of the car pack)

Winners get their skin included in the mod. Everyone else gets their textures put up on a separate file for everyone to download. Basically, the incentive to win is that your skin will be the default one used in the car pack.

Sounds reasonable? If not, let me know.

EDIT:
Rules now at front page
. Special thanks to Emergency6299 for helping me sort out the rules.

The Limosine will be done by me using Ubisoft's Lincoln Town Car model.

I will probably model one of these to replace the polar truck.

I am not sure whether I should replace the monster trucks, since they only prominently make an appearance in Mission 4.

I am not so sure with replacing any of the airport service vehicles. Can anyone please find me a good reference if you want me to do them.

I will be modelling replacement buses. Can someone give me reference pictures of common buses in North America?

What do you mean by road service car? Highway maintenance or some sort of towing service?

Something similar to the one used in the highway tunnel crash mission

But with complete doors

Toyota prius Local Police City Gava, Barcelona Spain

I'm really sorry if this offends you, but I cannot include that submission in the contest because it isn't an American themed skin. It is still good though and looks accurate to the original.

Algo similar a la utilizada en la misión accidente túnel de carretera, en concreto el coche que perdió su puerta en esta escena.

227.jpg

Realmente lo siento si esto te ofende, pero no puedo incluir este en el certamen, ya que no es una piel de estilo americano. Todavía es bueno, y se ve exacta a la original.

do not offend me, thank you

@Itchboy

There is no common buses in North America. Since there are different regions they may be common for a certain region but there is no common buses North America. It would be up to you to research and find out which you would want to model but hey look for the transit bus companies and you'll get an idea.

Also would recommend to skinners to make skin from various fictional and nonfictional companies or any common looking vehicles you would see on the street all of the time using Itchboys skins. (Ask Itchboy first for permission).

But we should also starting preparing for the transition from EM4 to EM5.

The best way to find common commuter buses is to google search for the larger city city buses/metro buses.  Try like houston city bus, houston metro bus, washington dc city bus, orlando city bus, baltimore city bus, miami metro bus, etc... That will give you an idea of what kind of buses they have out there.

This one shows up alot in cities, idk what it is or who makes it unfortunately buses are not my forte.  I believe it is a New Flyer D40LF (the year range is what I don't know I've found them from 2005ish-2010+)

take-bus-chicago-800x800.jpg

For a road service truck perhaps try AAA roadside service trucks.

IMG_1616.jpg

@MikeyPI @Itchboy

Yup I agree like over here in LA County i think Metro uses the New Flyer Bus. And for the Triple A (Road Side Assistance) Trucks there are tacomas and few chevy's but there will always be a variety.

Well the AAA trucks are completely un-specific, some are fords some are chevies, some are vans, from what I've seen in the northeastern US... So really the picture is more a representation of the paint scheme than the actual truck, that one in particular is from South Carolina.  The New Flyer D40LF varients are used in a great deal of cities (including LA), I've seen them via google used in all regions of the USA, probrably because it ran for such a long duration is why it is such a common bus.

This is skinning contest, not necessary create full action photos. 4 side view on the reskinned model is better.

"Full action" photos actually show what the skin looks like on the vehicle in game, so is therefore more useful, don't you think?

Ford F350 Utility 'Road Ranger Incident Response' service vehicle  :cool: 

attachicon.gifPicture7.png

attachicon.gifPicture8.png

attachicon.gifPicture9.png

Thank you so much for your contribution.....but I am sorry to tell you that this skin is inellegible for winning because you already submitted your news van skin. Instead, just send it over to me so I can include it in the separate community skin pack.

Because the rule wasnt up yet, you get a free pass. Sorry if this bothered you.

The best way to find common commuter buses is to google search for the larger city city buses/metro buses.  Try like houston city bus, houston metro bus, washington dc city bus, orlando city bus, baltimore city bus, miami metro bus, etc... That will give you an idea of what kind of buses they have out there.

This one shows up alot in cities, idk what it is or who makes it unfortunately buses are not my forte.  I believe it is a New Flyer D40LF (the year range is what I don't know I've found them from 2005ish-2010+)

For a road service truck perhaps try AAA roadside service trucks.

Well the AAA trucks are completely un-specific, some are fords some are chevies, some are vans, from what I've seen in the northeastern US... So really the picture is more a representation of the paint scheme than the actual truck, that one in particular is from South Carolina.  The New Flyer D40LF varients are used in a great deal of cities (including LA), I've seen them via google used in all regions of the USA, probrably because it ran for such a long duration is why it is such a common bus.

Thank you so much for helping me with this Mikey.

ATTENTION:

I have updated the rules and moved them to the frontpage for better visibilty. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Contest Rules:  <---PLEASE READ IF INTERESTED

• You are only allowed to post one skin for a month.

This rule Isn't showed in post #502, when olmyster posted his screens.

"Full action" photos actually show what the skin looks like on the vehicle in game, so is therefore more useful, don't you think?

Photos show what the skin looks like on the vehicle in game is useful, but you don't need the all background vehicles and objects for show what the skin looks like.

This rule Isn't showed in post #502, when olmyster posted his screens.

Photos show what the skin looks like on the vehicle in game is useful, but you don't need the all background vehicles and objects for show what the skin looks like.

I'll admit it was a terrible mistake I forgot to include that detail. I think I'll let him pass.

I've included his submission into the poll.

It adds effect  :happy:

I'll admit it was a terrible mistake I forgot to include that detail. I think I'll let him pass.

I've included his submission into the poll.

No worries