itchboy

Los Angeles Mod Vehicle Set [STOPPED]

Did you make that map or did you edit the LA Map?

By the looks of the second image, that looks like the Kidnapped Kids Mission that was made by the LA Mod Team.

By the looks of it it's original Emergency's mission 7 map. So either this mission or the LA Mod mission which uses that map.

Also, did you model the USFS Chevy off of this one?

4878651219_d540676a89_b.jpg

Me and Itchboy based the Chevy Silverado out off the Fire Division, the Silverado you are showing us is the Law Enforcement Division of the US Forest Service.

By the looks of the second image, that looks like the Kidnapped Kids Mission that was made by the LA Mod Team.

Me and Itchboy based the Chevy Silverado out off the Fire Division, the Silverado you are showing us is the Law Enforcement Division of the US Forest Service.

Whoops. Kind of missed that big glaring "Law Enforcement" printed on the side.

Although it is the only USFS Silverado in such paint scheme I found (again, I might have missed something)

Whoops. Kind of missed that big glaring "Law Enforcement" printed on the side.

Although it is the only USFS Silverado in such paint scheme I found (again, I might have missed something)

I think Montana Mod had made a truck similar like this one already. But its not released yet.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/16909-montana-mod-201-unstable-release/?p=296900

I think Montana Mod had made a truck similar like this one already. But its not released yet.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/16909-montana-mod-201-unstable-release/?p=296900

Yes, I know. I was more interested not in the truck itself, but in it's offroad accessories, if you will. Or, rather, if you (or, perhaps, itchboy, as he's the one who is doing models, as far as I know) is in need of their models.

For all interested, this is what we based it off.

usfs_fire_ca_anf_utility_111_%282%29-1.j

3W9PGYq.png

Note the 111 number.

The other Silverado uses a different lightbar

usfs_fire_ca_shf_utility_14-1.jpg

Its pretty rare, but I wanted to do something to break the chain of endless Ford F350's and Dodge Rams.

Yes, I know the mirrors are wrong, but I feel quite proud of having made them so I decided to keep them.

Yes I also know that I've depicted the wrong kind of Silverado. I am using a newer 2500HD compared to this one which appears to be the older design with a different front end. I just wanted something that would look right and give me a chance to use a model that I spent a lot of time making. Plz dont sue me plz.

Mr. Itchboy due to you saying "Plz dont sue me plz". I have presented my lawyer to this ussue and you are going to have to present in The Court of Antartica tomorrow at 1 am. LOL. It doesn't really matter as long as you did it!

PS: In Sequoia, California you mostly see these trucks patrol

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4680935483_e345eb61b1_m.jpg

and this one

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2569/4153895689_e6ab8bcd87_b.jpg

For the first one, you would see the lightbar you used for the silverado

if your looking for some photos of USFS stuff try here http://www.policecarwebsite.net/fire/special/fire700.html

btw nice photos the last photo is that on the mission 17 I think it is of the normal Em4 game

if your looking for some photos of USFS stuff try here http://www.policecarwebsite.net/fire/special/fire700.html

btw nice photos the last photo is that on the mission 17 I think it is of the normal Em4 game

Mission 16 - Protection for Top Informant. One of my favorites to play. There's a fine line of very few people who both mod and play Em4.

Mission 16 - Protection for Top Informant. One of my favorites to play. There's a fine line of very few people who both mod and play Em4.

it is a good mission till they attack the forests and start the fires then its evil

Love that mission, though it fails to work with basic concept of locking down every road around the area of operations - the "firestarter" vans just keep spawning endlessly. Nonetheless, probably, the most police-action filled mission (not counting the third - it's just not challenging)

Oh I remember that time I just started playing EM4, was still a big noob, and when I almost finished up with this mission (was trying to do it for a long time) LA Mod decided to crash on me.

Love that mission, though it fails to work with basic concept of locking down every road around the area of operations - the "firestarter" vans just keep spawning endlessly. Though, probably, the most police-action filled mission (not counting the third - it's just not challenging)

Oh I remember that time I just started playing EM4, was still a big noob, and when I almost finished up with this mission (was trying to do it for a long time) LA Mod decided to crash on me.

I take advantage of some of my personal LA mod's features. I can arrest the two snipers at the cabin by sending a heli with 2 SWAT officers on board. I arrest them using my modified armed arrest script so they drop the rifle and surrender. Then I send an UNMK car with another 2 SWAT officers to secure the cabin in case some of the terrorists manage to get in the permiter there.

Elsewhere, I position police cruisers with 2 officers at various strategic locations where I know the terror vans spawn from. They are:

1. Northwest forest trail
  2. Western Forest trail
  3. Southern forest trail
  4. Coastal road southern portion at map edge
  5. Town at east side

On locations 1, 2, 3, and 5, vans with armed men will spawn.

On locations 1, 3, 4 and 5, vans that explode will spawn.

The trick here, is to NOT secure the witness until all of the armed terror vans spawn.

Usually, locations 2, 3 and 5 will spawn within the first minute (usually at 1:10). The patrol cars I placed here will "block" them preventing them from moving forward. I then use my modified Chase command on the vans to "stop" them. One or three riflemen will exit. Its random. I use my arrest command to disarm them and arrest them. I immediately send a tow truck to tow away each van to prevent them from detonating anyway.

After about 4 minutes or so, the bomb vans show up from the above locations. Its pretty easy to repel them. Simply have an officer redirect them, but do not position them in the direct path or they WILL be run over. To be safe, I preferably rely on the redirection lights. Thats why it is essential to have vehicles positioned there. Once the bomb vans are redirected, they will go "out" of the map and harmlessly explode without damaging anything.

All the while, I have a pair of LASD vans roving around the map, collecting the arrested terrorists.

Here's the issue though. The creators of the game actually did this mission script right. It isnt the same deployment of vans all the time. It usually is just like the above, but there are oftentimes where bomb vans spawn first ahead of the personell vans. In this case, having the strategically placed police cars redirect them will save you the trouble of fighting fires.

Fires do ocassionally break out due to the script glitching out and instantly detonating the vans. In which case, I leave an engine at the NE spawn point on stanby just in case.

Getting the dead agent's bodies out is the last thing to do. Once the first and second wave of vans runs out from all 5 specified locations, there will no longer be any vans spawned by the game. At this point, I send a single coroner's van, and use the officers at the cabin to declare the agents as dead and give them body bags.

The witness by now should be by himself safe on the map with this:

WOQLYsX.png

much protection.

But the objective is to get him out of the map, so I would take the witness, put him in the helicopter, and then send the helicopter home. Mission complete.

Note that this solution only applies to my personal LA mod because I modified some scripts to allow the player to disarm all suspects and arrest them peacefully.

I take advantage of some of my personal LA mod's features...

Damn, that's though through. I used to get National Guard (Humvee + ambo or truck + ambo) to secure the shack and stop all of the armed terrorists that got through. At the same time, patrol cars blocked every and each road leading onto the map, but i haven't tried redirecting the vans. Just didn't realize they'd look at redirection lights while having explosives on board :D

Sooo it usually ended up a big mess for USFS to deal with.

Also, that seem to be some really nice and useful scripting out there.

Damn, that's though through. I used to get National Guard (Humvee + ambo or truck + ambo) to secure the shack and stop all of the armed terrorists that got through. At the same time, patrol cars blocked every and each road leading onto the map, but i haven't tried redirecting the vans. Just didn't realize they'd look at redirection lights while having explosives on board :D

Sooo it usually ended up a big mess for USFS to deal with.

Also, that seem to be some really nice and useful scripting out there.

Just a personal touch because sometimes campaign can be pain (that statement rhymes). I set the script to only allow the "force disarm" function in Campaign mode. Freeplay mode is the usual condition. You shoot at cop, he/she will shoot back. Its of no consquence there because the game doesnt penalize you for shooting armed suspects.

Campaign mode is unrealistic in that it does not allow for justifiable shootings of armed suspects. Its as if the game's rating was made by a social justice warrior or something who expects the cops to get shot just so the suspect doesnt get injured. Its a quirk of Em4 that I've found a way around.

passenger_airplane_pitcher-r5eb47b44d08b

EisYqSE.png

Our first proper marked CVPI. Model is the classic Ford CVPI by Nnico. Lightbar is FedSig Legend by cops. Skin by EmergencyFan6299 and me. Lighted by me, contains a few light patterns from EM4Life and CFD. GoRhino rambar, spotlight, antennas and deck light textures by me.

It's a similar body style but it won't be the same model. Different fenders, front bumper, push bar, tool box, winch. There is a lot of model differences that have to be accounted for as usfs buys a more rugged setup, as seeing their fires normally occur in difficult access areas. Their model 34's are also modified over cal fire's new 34s because the forest service can end up anywhere in the country.