itchboy

Los Angeles Mod Vehicle Set [STOPPED]

If I recall on a post the other day he made a comment and it said  "I'd not have started another mod if I was already committed to another mod/project." but yet here he is starting another project without finishing the first one he started. I am not trying to stir the pot I am just calling him out on it. I am tired of people harping against something then they go and do the same thing they were just against.

You are trying to stir the pot. This isn't a project. This is a part of a project. You look like an idiot when you start one mod, get halfway through it, and stop when you run out of things to reskin. You further development when you decide to take a bunch of models and make a mod out of it. 

People need to get over themselves, shut up whining that they'll have to wait for a project to be developed. For me, it's starting to look a LOT like people are pissed they won't get a release, which looks like begging for a release date, which not only doesn't work here, it gets a suspension.

If he dropped everything, and decided to start afresh, I'd be pissed. Hell, everyone would be. Thing is, he's got a load of vehicles, all sharing a theme. Deciding to make a mod, instead of releasing bare models isn't hypocritical.

Everyone needs to calm down. 

I've been holding this in for some time.

People, the guys & gals that make stuff for mods, they do it of their own free time.  They do have a life outside of this game, and they out of their own good heart let other people have access to their content.  All they ask is for credit.

This means that they can DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THEIR CONTENT!  They can also TAKE THEIR TIME and release info, screen shots, videos, and the actual files as they see fit!

I love looking at the all the ideas people come up with.  I've downloaded several mods, and have enjoyed playing them.  But to challenge what the content creators do, this makes NO SENSE to me.  I currently don't have the skills to do all this stuff myself.  I am very happy to wait for good looking mods, and if people change their mind about what they want to do, that is their decision.  I might be disappointed that I can't get the content right away, but like in this case, it will eventually probably lead to another cool mod!

People, RESPECT is something that not only is earned, but should be given.  I respect all the mod creators, and I want to thank you all for your time and energy to make our games more fun and varied!

So he wants to put all his vehicles into another mod and release it?

I've got a little something something in the works. This is what I'd consider "moving up" from a vehicle pack to a full blown mod. Its not going into another mod. Its going into A MOD for these vehicles.

If I recall on a post the other day he made a comment and it said  "I'd not have started another mod if I was already committed to another mod/project." but yet here he is starting another project without finishing the first one he started. I am not trying to stir the pot I am just calling him out on it. I am tired of people harping against something then they go and do the same thing they were just against.

Hmmm...lemme see my projects:

• Montana - paused because of bama so I have all the time in the world
  • RCMP - idek because of the lack of anything actually
  • River Falls - IM DONE WITH MY END OF THE STICK

In other words, I might as well be totally free. You're trying to do to me, what the moderators did to Mentor, and no, this isnt another project.

If I couldnt be more blunt about it, THESE VEHICLES ARE GOING INTO THEIR OWN ******** MOD. I HAVE SIMPLY MADE THE DECISION TO MOVE UP AND DO A FULL BLOWN MOD INSTEAD OF A CAR PACK.

I've been holding this in for some time.

People, the guys & gals that make stuff for mods, they do it of their own free time.  They do have a life outside of this game, and they out of their own good heart let other people have access to their content.  All they ask is for credit.

This means that they can DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THEIR CONTENT!  They can also TAKE THEIR TIME and release info, screen shots, videos, and the actual files as they see fit!

I love looking at the all the ideas people come up with.  I've downloaded several mods, and have enjoyed playing them.  But to challenge what the content creators do, this makes NO SENSE to me.  I currently don't have the skills to do all this stuff myself.  I am very happy to wait for good looking mods, and if people change their mind about what they want to do, that is their decision.  I might be disappointed that I can't get the content right away, but like in this case, it will eventually probably lead to another cool mod!

People, RESPECT is something that not only is earned, but should be given.  I respect all the mod creators, and I want to thank you all for your time and energy to make our games more fun and varied!

Thank you sir.

I have to say this. Good for you Itchy Boy tinker with mods I know a lot of work goes into it.  A NEW mod with everything already in it is far better than people trying to add your vehicles into another mod. Just look at the posts not everyone knows how to add vehicles and be able to make them work right. So going with an all "you" mod, with all your vehicles is to me the best choice. Plus a mod I look forward to seeing and playing.

Yeah. Just saying you should change the title if you are making a mod

No. I'm keeping the mod a secret. The existing LA mod vehicles can be downloaded but I won't be giving out details of the mod. So therefore there is no need to change the title.

I think it is his desicion and he decides what he will do with HIS vehicles. If he would release it as a whole mod, im sure someone would take it, make skins and say it is his la county mod. Im sure itchboy doesn´t want that to happen with his content he put all his hard work in. I know im not the right one to talk but i just want to clear up that we should be happy he even releases the vehicles.

More pics. No, this doesnt change anything of what I said. Its to set an example of what can be done if one puts their heart and soul into vehicles and takes the necessary effort and time to learn skills beyond skinning.

h2o7zJJ.png

Original model by Hoppah, heavilly reworked by me. Skin by Reaper, lights by Flnn Rescue and me.

15C4i6I.png

Dodge Ram model by Ubisoft, reworked to Em4 by me. Rear part by Hoppah with major edits by me. Skin by EmergencyFan6299. Lightbar is mine. Lights also done by me.

cXVDVd4.png

Original model by Hoppah, heavilly reworked by me. Skin by Reaper, lights by Flnn Rescue and me. Assistance provided by MikeyPI.

And that is how you credit. And to think, these aren't even gonna be released.

• Upvote 1

Can you show some pics of the USFS engine and the USFS pickup?

Not created yet. And the fact that you're asking means that you expect that I'm some kind of machine that can make content on the dime. In which case I'm not. I don't like it how people demand pics or stuff into their mods. It really shows the lack of respect that people have to content creators. Its almost like the average member is entitled to new content no matter how poor it may be in quality.

Not created yet. And the fact that you're asking means that you expect that I'm some kind of machine that can make content on the dime. In which case I'm not. I don't like it how people demand pics or stuff into their mods. It really shows the lack of respect that people have to content creators. Its almost like the average member is entitled to new content no matter how poor it may be in quality.

Sorry, sorry I really do respect you and everything you do. Sorry for hurting your fellings. Why do you hate me?.

Also, what do you mean by not yet started?

http://i.imgur.com/QGd9yho.png

You posted on page 35 a picture of the USFS model.

Sorry, sorry I really do respect you and everything you do. Sorry for hurting your fellings. Why do you hate me?.

Also, what do you mean by not yet started?

http://i.imgur.com/QGd9yho.png

You posted on page 35 a picture of the USFS model.

I don't hate you. I just dislike those that expect me to do things. I haven't made or completed either of these models. What you see there is a small fraction of what needs to be done.

Was I disappointed and a little cranky when I thought I wasn't going to see these vehicles in-game? Sure. Disappointment is no excuse for attacking itchboy, though, and his reasons are his own and good.

Knowing that there's a bigger plan for these than just a vehicle replacement pack for the aging LA mod, however, is pretty good news. Maybe leading off with that announcement might have saved some strife, but if he's intent on playing it close to the vest, that's understandable. I'm quite interested to see what's coming down the road for this project.

Itchboy I do have one question for you about a certain vehicle that is my favorite vehicle of all time in the LA Mod. At some point will you be twerking the existing crash truck or making a newer updated model to what LAX uses. I am in no hurry to see it I am Just curious as to if it might be a possibility.

Itchboy I do have one question for you about a certain vehicle that is my favorite vehicle of all time in the LA Mod. At some point will you be twerking the existing crash truck or making a newer updated model to what LAX uses. I am in no hurry to see it I am Just curious as to if it might be a possibility.

Its been planned. No new model, but just some touch ups to the light equipment and misc parts. Then a better quality skin. Unless of course LAX uses something new.

Its been planned. No new model, but just some touch ups to the light equipment and misc parts. Then a better quality skin. Unless of course LAX uses something new.

I am not sure if they are using something new I will look it up since I will be at work all night and it will give me something to do and I will get back to you on what I find out.

How I installed to free play for those that may be having trouble. *DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!*

Follow basic install instructions. After you put all folders where they belong this is what you do.

Go to Los Angeles Mod v2.1\Specs open freeplaybase (I use wordpad)

These are the lines you will include depending on whether they are written similar or not. Copy and paste

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/chp_suv.e4p" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/cv_umpc4.e4p" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/cv_lapd_slicktop2.e4p" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/cv_umpc3.e4p" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/dodge_charger_lasd.e4p" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/explorer_lasd" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lapd_taurus" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lasd_caprice" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lasd_taurus" count="8" />

*After you add those lines make sure to SAVE*

Next go to the Units\Vehicles\Police folder  ( C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.1\Units\Vehicles\Police )

YOU MUST CREATE NEW FOLDERS and they must be named exactly as the vehicle Example

For LASD Caprice  <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lasd_caprice" count="8" /> The folder should be named "lasd_caprice"

After you make your folders, open (090lapdpatrolcar)

*C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.1\Units\Vehicles\Police\090lapdpatrolcar *

Copy and paste everything in there into all your new folders. Now for the difficult part.

In all your new folders you open up the unit tab (I used wordpad)

The first line should say the following.

<unit id="CV_LAPD">

Anywhere that it says "CV_LAPD" in the open units page You are going to change it to whatever the folder name is. For example

<unit id="CV_LAPD"> Should be changed to <unit id="dodge_charger_lasd"> for the dodge_charger_lasd folder.

Under campaign and freeplay you will also change the vehicle type. Example

<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/CV_LAPD.e4p" />   Should be changed to

<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/dodge_charger_lasd.e4p" /> and than do all folders and you should be good to go.

Thanks again to "The Loot" for helping. I hope this helps others no matter how confusing it sounds :holdglass:

is there any tutorial video to show how it's done? I do not understand a few steps my English is not the best ... I'm Portuguese!
Already copied the files that estãopara download to the folder of the game and the cars in 3d animation appear black ...