itchboy

Los Angeles Mod Vehicle Set [STOPPED]

Beautiful I see that this modification will not be overcome by such Modifications to NYC Manhattan or The Red Watch Canada and Miami, Florida Mod

From what I can see already done all the real units that can be

My question is whether you plan to add new LAPD Valor Lightbar

Because right or a year can begin to use.

Interesting conclusion when you are doing a canadian mod and use itchboy vehicles.

Nice in game images through!

Itchboy is LA using the Federal Signal Integrity? It seems a lot of US departments are using them. It would be nice to see one made hint hint lol!

There's a possibilty of having the LASD Explorer having the FedSig Integrity instead of the FedSig Arjent. LASD has their new Explorers outfitted with the FedSig Integrity.

Itchboy is LA using the Federal Signal Integrity?  It seems a lot of US departments are using them.  It would be nice to see one made hint hint lol! 

Its a possibility that we are going to give the LASD Explorer an Intergrity lightbar just for sake of variety. It gets boring having to do yet another Arjent lightbar.

Hey Itchboy, this is probably up your alley:

I will not be making the 2015 model cars at all, none from Ford, GM or Dodge. They all look ugly to me, and also, the cut-off date for my vehicles is this year.

No LA agencies are using any of these vehicles, so they wont be made.

I'm 100 percent they are using them. the LAPD just received their 2016 Ford Utilities, Chargers and Interceptors. How a guy who lives in the Philippines would know ... Not every single LA agencies makes it on the news to show off their latest batch. You just gotta know where to look ;)

21663897222_9f5b56aabb.jpg

I'm 100 percent they are using them. the LAPD just received their 2016 Ford Utilities, Chargers and Interceptors. How a guy who lives in the Philippines would know ... Not every single LA agencies makes it on the news to show off their latest batch. You just gotta know where to look ;)

Like I said previously, the cut off point for my mod is 2014-2015 vehicles. The Explorer, Taurus and Charger stay as is. I will not bend over backwards to have to update my mod for every single new vehicle that comes along, otherwise I will never be finished.

The Explorer in question may be a test rig, you can't be too sure either about the specifics of that unit based on pictures alone.

Actually, you're right. I don't know anything. In fact, I had intentions of doing a public release for this within the next year or two, but now that I realize that I have no knowledge of what I'm modding, I think I'll just keep this thing private forever. /s

Like I said previously, the cut off point for my mod is 2014-2015 vehicles. The Explorer, Taurus and Charger stay as is. I will not bend over backwards to have to update my mod for every single new vehicle that comes along, otherwise I will never be finished.

The Explorer in question may be a test rig, you can't be too sure either about the specifics of that unit based on pictures alone.

Actually, you're right. I don't know anything. In fact, I had intentions of doing a public release for this within the next year or two, but now that I realize that I have no knowledge of what I'm modding, I think I'll just keep this thing private forever. /s

You got us all scared with that last paragraph. And yeah, I'm yet to find any modeller with so much attention to detail as you, if that's of interest :D

As for the 2016 vehicles - ofc you shouldn't redo half of the mod just because of new yearly vehicle lineup update. Especially if most of them are so f-ugly (I'm looking atcha', Charger. Oh no! I shouldn't have! Now my eyes are never going to heal!). Although, IMO, new Ford Interceptor lineup does look better (I not much of a fan of the pervious one, so that may be a factor). Again, that doesn't mean anything in regard of units in mod, just thoughts in general.

Actually, you're right. I don't know anything. In fact, I had intentions of doing a public release for this within the next year or two, but now that I realize that I have no knowledge of what I'm modding, I think I'll just keep this thing private forever. /sFor

For what it's worth, LAPD is using the new Ford Interceptor Utility and the Sedan. 

And as for keeping it private, go ahead and do that. Wouldn't be the first time you let the community down. For the rest of you that would like updated LAFD and LAPD units, check out what me and the NYCERU team are working on. (I've updated the topic so ignore the previous comments!)

Edited by randomperson139
removed link.

For what it's worth, LAPD is using the new Ford Interceptor Utility and the Sedan. 

And as for keeping it private, go ahead and do that. Wouldn't be the first time you let the community down. For the rest of you that would like updated LAFD and LAPD units, check out what me and the NYCERU team are working on at  (I've updated the topic so ignore the previous comments!)

Thanks for promoting your mod on my page.

Go ahead and make your mod, I'll make mine. This is a free site afterall, and we are entitled to do what we desire (within the boundaries of the rules).

Two things.

And as for keeping it private, go ahead and do that. Wouldn't be the first time you let the community down.

Firstly, this comment was completely unnecessary, and in my view is simply an attempt to start something with itchboy again.

. For the rest of you that would like updated LAFD and LAPD units, check out what me and the NYCERU team are working on. (I've updated the topic so ignore the previous comments!)

Secondly, don't go advertising your submod in other topics. I've removed the link to your topic, if people were looking for it I'm sure they can find it themselves.

I personally like itchboy's work.  From looking at the pics on here, he pays a lot of attention to detail.  I agree with his stance on the new models.  IMO, the new chargers look like crap anyways.  I'm on the fence on the new fords but why go back and change all that you've done, just because new models have come out.  Ford is liable to change the model every year.  Replacing the crown vic has been a work in progress for years and I'm sure it will evolve.  Getting on here and bickering to the mod creator and ESPECIALLY calling him a let-down is uncalled for....as randomperson stated.  It does nothing but stir the pot and cause itchboy to really question releasing anything.

CFD, you may be right and those may be the new thing to come to the LAPD.  However, Itchboy has a valid argument.  Those could be test/show vehicles.  Not long ago, LAPD had a couple of Caprices outfitted for show.  Bigger departments do that, though.  They buy different vehicles to test out before actually settling with one.  The same goes for stuff like light bars.  Take LVMPD for example, they had different vehicles with different lighting packages.  They finally settled with the Explorer with the Vision SLR.   Itchboy's work represents what you will likely see in the LAPD fleet.  Crown Vics, Ford Interceptor Sedans and older model SUVs.  Same goes for the Chargers and Tahoes, as well.

Keep up the good work, itchboy.

Some script edits I've made in order to make the LAFD tiller work somewhat better than it did before.

Added in a fourth ladder segment, lengthened all other segments to prevent floating, improved the chances of the ladder being able to install to a building.

That looks amazing! I've been wishing someone would make a script like that for a while, very nicely done looks fantastic with your models

Some script edits I've made in order to make the LAFD tiller work somewhat better than it did before.

Added in a fourth ladder segment, lengthened all other segments to prevent floating, improved the chances of the ladder being able to install to a building.

I was working on something similar, the ability to install to non open houses I could never implement my next stage which was to adjust the height though, no matter what the ladder always approached houses at the same height. If that makes sense. Interesting to see someone else had a similar idea I like it :)

Itchboy's work represents what you will likely see in the LAPD fleet.  Crown Vics, Ford Interceptor Sedans and older model SUVs.  Same goes for the Chargers and Tahoes, as well.

Your analysis of the mod and its purpose/idea is correct. The project is intended to represent the most likely vehicles to be seen in LA. It does not exist to replicate every single vehicle that putters around the city. If it were, then there would never be a release due to the constant change in vehicles and fleets.

They may have 2016 units, but it wont be feasable making the vehicle unless more than half of their SUV fleet is composed of that. The 2013's are majority now, so they are going to stay put. I will add or change vehicles as I deem fit.

There won't be much else posted here until the next version of Montana mod is released.