itchboy

Los Angeles Mod Vehicle Set [STOPPED]

I'm not trying to be mean here itchboy but I really don't like some of these models they look to fake. Then again I have the same issue with your civil car pack. Keep it up tho some look Alright.

In my opinion your posts in this context is more or less just to antagonize, which from what I have seen is pretty much a common issue with many of your posts.  Instead of being constructive and offering advice on how to improve what you believe is "fake" you instead offer no advice on how to improve the quality. If you want to comment and discuss the quality of someone's efforts please be more elaborate and maybe they can take your ideas and implement them into the projects to try to improve them.  You have not provided anything of any use to be helpful to him in improving what you've judged to be "fake". Your post has an underlying passive-aggressive tone to it in my opinion.

A. I've been here for months watching this and i have to say:  Giving full week bans because someone speaks the truth. Thats totally nice and democratic.

B. Feel offended now, is like you are feeling like a god, and people giving you feedback is like they are sucking ur god complex dick. 

C. because you think you're a godamn god. You're not. Deal with the truth. Stop goin Kanye West on this.

D. dont hunt Ghost or Dyson again.

E. Im problably getting banned

F.and put it up your canadian candyass. 

G. stop being a selfish little kid with god complex

H. Waiting a ban now....  

First of all, your post got hidden not because you have a different opinion but because of the offensive phrases quoted above (with the exception of D). You have a right to state your opinion whether I agree with it or not. My problem with posts like this is that they don't help the cause of discussing this matter in a civil and respectful way, at all.

I've refrained myself from this whole discussion so far, but at some point I want to provide my own opinion as well. I really wonder whats up with accusing people of having a ' god complex' and people leaving this forum. Statistics show that there is no change in registrations. As far as I know only 2 or 3 people actually got banned and a couple got their account temporarily suspended related to this discussion, mostly because of language, flaming and other antagonistic behavior.

We're not hunting people (like Dyson or Ghost at all). Dyson didn't even get warned or banned or anything, so I'm not sure what you mean with that. We found an issue with his mod and the whole thing got blown up, and it keeps going on mostly caused by people who are not related to the mod at all. Dyson and Ghost are still welcome to this forum.

I'm also wondering what's up with the phrase 'canadian candyass', since itchy isn't Canadian. Was that directed to NFK? It's just another example of antagonizing people, which is totally unnecessary in my opinion. Twice in your post you reference being "banned" for this opinion, but in reality it seems like the whole posting was written and designed in an attempt to get yourself banned. I do not understand why someone would want to deliberately do something like this, but all the offensive points above it reads like it is what you were hoping to have happen.

Finally, no forum that I am aware of is 'democratic'  or has staff that is chosen by 'the people' I'm sure the staff on the other forum wasn't democratically picked either. That makes your statement in this regard misused.

Please feel free to respond in a civil and constructive way.

• Upvote 1

I have also been following this but I am on itchboy's side. Many of you don't know why he cancelled it, many do, but imagine you make something for the forum and give permission so someone can use it. You download the game, next thing you know, your work of art wasn't credited. This is an example of 1 out of many things that happened to itchboy. This is was something that he didn't like, so he said " From now on no one can use". Yes people got mad at him, yes they said mean things to him, and yes he didn't care. When i made an account here, it was as if you were in heaven. People didn't cuss, weren't mad, and gave permission to use their content with credits. Now it feels like a war zone. I beg you to please be nice to each other. Remember these words that Audrey Hepburn said "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" and now I say this " Make it a great day or not, the choice is your's". The moderators had enough of this childness. " I want this, I want to use it, and give me that, or you are the worst person. It doesn't matter if authors say you can't use their work of art because they're are other ways of overcoming those obstacles. You may think that I am wrong and I might be but enough is enough. I have respect for everyone even if I don't know them but as soon as you do something bad toward me and other, ohhhhh what you have gotten yourself into! May your day be full of light and happiness.

-Corsair

• Upvote 1

I'm still around here, Hoppah! I just stopped posting because I've been kind of busy with life and my active mods are... well, stopped. I have nothing against this community or any of you guys; I may have my own community but that doesn't stop me from coming here and hang out with people.  :)

Cheers!

Sorry for being off-topic.

In my opinion your posts in this context is more or less just to antagonize, which from what I have seen is pretty much a common issue with many of your posts.  Instead of being constructive and offering advice on how to improve what you believe is "fake" you instead offer no advice on how to improve the quality. If you want to comment and discuss the quality of someone's efforts please be more elaborate and maybe they can take your ideas and implement them into the projects to try to improve them.  You have not provided anything of any use to be helpful to him in improving what you've judged to be "fake". Your post has an underlying passive-aggressive tone to it in my opinion.

First of all, your post got hidden not because you have a different opinion but because of the offensive phrases quoted above (with the exception of D). You have a right to state your opinion whether I agree with it or not. My problem with posts like this is that they don't help the cause of discussing this matter in a civil and respectful way, at all.

I've refrained myself from this whole discussion so far, but at some point I want to provide my own opinion as well. I really wonder whats up with accusing people of having a ' god complex' and people leaving this forum. Statistics show that there is no change in registrations. As far as I know only 2 or 3 people actually got banned and a couple got their account temporarily suspended related to this discussion, mostly because of language, flaming and other antagonistic behavior.

We're not hunting people (like Dyson or Ghost at all). Dyson didn't even get warned or banned or anything, so I'm not sure what you mean with that. We found an issue with his mod and the whole thing got blown up, and it keeps going on mostly caused by people who are not related to the mod at all. Dyson and Ghost are still welcome to this forum.

I'm also wondering what's up with the phrase 'canadian candyass', since itchy isn't Canadian. Was that directed to NFK? It's just another example of antagonizing people, which is totally unnecessary in my opinion. Twice in your post you reference being "banned" for this opinion, but in reality it seems like the whole posting was written and designed in an attempt to get yourself banned. I do not understand why someone would want to deliberately do something like this, but all the offensive points above it reads like it is what you were hoping to have happen.

Finally, no forum that I am aware of is 'democratic'  or has staff that is chosen by 'the people' I'm sure the staff on the other forum wasn't democratically picked either. That makes your statement in this regard misused.

Please feel free to respond in a civil and constructive way.

I know i used strong language and im sorry for that. Im also having problems at personnal life so.. got off control.

Maybe i should been more polite, yes, i agree on that but im already apoloziged for that.

I just want people to be a community again. Despite of me being admin in another forum, i like to follow another communities and their work, because i love EM4. 

Being more polite on ma opinion. I understand why it happened. Im a modder myself, but if people give me credits, i dont realy care. Because being portuguese and doing portuguese mods, for example im going to use Ghost Units sometimes, because they're generic units, so we dont lose time and help each other and the portuguese community grow.

Applied to this, again im sorry for the agressiveness i used, i just exploded, im sorry again, but then again, its the way it was handled, and the mainly the form, for example Itch's is reacting to all this. Would be more useful to EMP, if, with proper credits ofc, but theres in my opinion, better ways to enforce them, if the models could be used in a more general way. Im not saying this to use them, because i dont even mod american units with frequency, but new americans mods could grow, if they were allowed for. 

About the democracy things, is just because in my opinion Rescue43 didnt said nothing wrong to be, according to NFK to get a Full week ban.

And again, im deeply sorry for the way i said this earlier. Maybe you could delete that post.

Hoppah I Wasent trying to antaganise I was merely saying that some particular models looked a little unrealistic. Itchboy then replied saying that he knows about some of them and that he will work to improve them. Therefore in my eyes I've simply pointed out an issue which he has now acknowledged and is working on fixing it.

LAFD does the fire services in the Los Angeles City. So places like Hollywood, downtown, basically the main part of LA. County Fire is responsible for out in the sticks, so to speak. The less urban parts fall under County jurisdiction. I don't think there's a comparison map, but you can probably find areas of responsibilities on their respective sites. 

The far north part of our planned freeplay map would be considered "out in the sticks" so LACOFD have some stuff that can be used there, or at least thats what my plan is.

USFS Silverado Utility final skin by EmergencyFan6299

3W9PGYq.png

Awesone work as always, any plans on making a CDF Crew Carrier?

Unfortunately, I only want to do the Utility and Engine. Having a Crew Carrier would be redundant in the mod due to there being enough off map backup units from LA County. More importantly, USFS won't be a frontline agency, but rather an off map support that player can utilize if he manages to burn half the map down.

Mmm nice jugs haha the tankers not bad either lol.

Could you explain more about how your skins look "fake"? I think they look alright, especially when they are with other vehicles which have been reskinned. But saying that, I have my game on low settings so I'm not getting the full graphical look of them if you know what I mean.

About a year ago, some concerns came up that my vehicles lack the contours and shading that other models (such as MikeyPI's) have. Personally, I am too fixed on my current methods to bother changing em out.

LAFD does the fire services in the Los Angeles City. So places like Hollywood, downtown, basically the main part of LA. County Fire is responsible for out in the sticks, so to speak. The less urban parts fall under County jurisdiction. I don't think there's a comparison map, but you can probably find areas of responsibilities on their respective sites. 

Little extra clarification on this.

LAFD services parts of Los Angeles that are incorporated by the city of Los Angeles. Perfect and most known location is downtown LA. This is a full city area. Now, to learn how the county comes in, is all the unincorporated parts. Just because it's called LA County doesn't mean the whole county, and just because you're in the city doesn't mean it's all city. This is the simplest way I could put it together because it's a very very very complex system..

LAFD services-Downtown, south central, port of los angeles, thousand oaks, harbor gateway, san pedro, etc.

LACoFD services-Most of West, east, costal and inland areas that have been contracted in to service those cities. cities such as : Palos verdes, lawndale, hawthorne, inglewood, rosewood (unincorporated compton), lynwood, carson, malibu, east los angeles, all parts of unincorporated los angeles city, calabasis, lancaster, etc.... They have towns in the sticks as well.

LACoFD is a much larger department and is spread out a lot more than LA City. LA City has a lot of stations in a small area due to insurance class 1 ISO which is based on a lot of factors including available equipment, water flow, personnel and a lot of other factors that insurance companies look into.

They are not the same department.

LA County doesn't have the whole county either. just cities that contracted into them. Some cities have their own departments such as : redondo beach, manhattan beach, torrance, santa monica, el segundo, culver city, etc.

TL;DR : The los angeles 911 system is a very complex piece of work 

2000px-LA_County_Incorporated_Areas_Los_