itchboy

Los Angeles Mod Vehicle Set [STOPPED]

@Exodus

This is something that will be taken care in a possible upcoming patch. Although you can do fix this with using the following tutorials on how to install the units your self.

The following tutorials were not created by Itchboy.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/18974-new-la-mod-vehicles-releasedupdate-wip/page-11#entry285695

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/18974-new-la-mod-vehicles-releasedupdate-wip/page-11#entry285695

@losangelesi

Hey is that the 2007 era lighting on the LACoFD Engine ?

This lighting scheme is based off of current and older schemes, as LA County still actually utilizes rotators. This is the exact lighting scheme of engine 161 in Hawthorne, CA. Still currently in service.

They still buy engines with rotators at this point. One of their engines purchased last year, which went to station 95 has front rotators, led headlight flashers with whelen led rotators on the rear. They don't buy 1 model and stick with it. haha.

This lighting scheme is based off of current and older schemes, as LA County still actually utilizes rotators. This is the exact lighting scheme of engine 161 in Hawthorne, CA. Still currently in service.

They still buy engines with rotators at this point. One of their engines purchased last year, which went to station 95 has front rotators, led headlight flashers with whelen led rotators on the rear. They don't buy 1 model and stick with it. haha.

@losangelesi

I know because LACoFD started to rollout with all LED lighting and I'm not to sure but i think LACoFD now ended going up with Red LED Rotator Lightbar. Because I know they have another lightbar configuration also.

I got to admit the New LED Engine looks badass with the New Ram Squad. I always see them by my area where there is an LACoFD station (Battalion 12).

@losangelesi

I know because LACoFD started to rollout with all LED lighting and I'm not to sure but i think LACoFD now ended going up with Red LED Rotator Lightbar. Because I know they have another lightbar configuration also.

I got to admit the New LED Engine looks badass with the New Ram Squad. I always see them by my area where there is an LACoFD station (Battalion 12).

They didn't actually end up with a definitive choice. There are still a lot of engines that run the old style rotator, even on the new ones. LED rotators are mixed and far and few between. Engine 2 palos verdes has one of these led rotator setups, 158's which is south gardena runs a full led setup, quint 159 runs an led setup on the quit, 162 runs rotators, light forces mostly have rotators, e171 has leds, engine 170 has rotators. its all very, very mixed. The squads are currently the most standardized piece of equipment and even then its hardly standard. there's ford squads, dodge squads and brand new ford squads. even the old squads from the 70s occasionally get put in the system, as well as their ambulance squads. Its so hard to try and say "this is what they use". It all depends on where you are, lol. same with LA City, but it's easier to determine because there's only a few styles compared to many, many different models and styles.

I like the lights you made for the directional lights because when I see most of the LAFD they are almost always center-out. One thing that would be cool would be controlling the light patters so if you want the lightbar to go left then you hit the secondary lights so the directional lights go left and vice versa 

Here's a video as an example of different patterns

I like the lights you made for the directional lights because when I see most of the LAFD they are almost always center-out. One thing that would be cool would be controlling the light patters so if you want the lightbar to go left then you hit the secondary lights so the directional lights go left and vice versa 

Here's a video as an example of different patterns

Its pointless in Em4. Adds too much effort making so many lights. Also means more lag. More importantly, vehicles in Em4 can only be redirected backwards, not left, right or around.

This feature IMO is just one for show and doesnt make a mod better. Remember that less is more in any mod.

Its pointless in Em4. Adds too much effort making so many lights. Also means more lag. More importantly, vehicles in Em4 can only be redirected backwards, not left, right or around.

This feature IMO is just one for show and doesnt make a mod better. Remember that less is more in any mod.

I mean I know its pointless and I never wanted to redirect any vehicles left or right just saying it adds more realism that all.

I mean I know its pointless and I never wanted to redirect any vehicles left or right just saying it adds more realism that all.

Often people forget Em4 is FAR from realistic. These petty minor shits are pointless, and realism is treated like the holy grail here. Truth is, Em4 is not a simulator and realism is just a word people use to make their mods look better, while ironically not actually being realistic to the real vehicles/location. A lot of people forget that Em4 isnt a simulator, and was never intended to be. Its stupid AI, dumb glitches and poor performance on multicore are a product of that.

Em4 is a game with many limitiations that people often forget, which is why I only play 4 mods, 2 of which are mine. The rest just dont play well with my system because of everyone and their 2048*2048 skins and 200 lights and 20k polygon models that use 10 textures each.

Your idea adds realism and all that, but it really has no place at all in Em4. Heck, I'm only doing the lights properly on my vehicles because I treat my cars as a work of art. I dont claim to be realistic, I just try to be as close to the real vehicle as possible because I like taking respectable pieces of equipment and translating them through into an 8 year old video game.

The bitter pill to swallow is that no matter how much effort I or anyone could put into making a car, 80% of the intricate detail you put into it will be solely ignored when IN GAME and actually playing in freeplay or campaign. The average player won't appreciate the 200 coronas with polygons you made, nor will they appreciate the tiny decal you put into your 4K texture. They will just be after a gameplay experience that draws them in and makes them feel attached to your mod.

Once they are sucked in to your mod, only then can they appreciate the details and various little things you put into it.. Its what I feel when playing other's mods.

Most of these mods have forgettable reskins of existing vehicles, which turn most players away seeing as how many of them have been so reused over the last 3-4 years. I've seen more than enough of bama's models (no offence, they're good, just overused) and the LA mod ones too (also good). My vehicle pack was simply made to counter this repetition with a bunch of new things that haven't been made or seen in Em4.

Yeah most games just aren't realistic and like itchboy says "A lot of people forget that Em4 isnt a simulator". Don't worry itchboy you aren't alone but I have three mods( Which is less than itchboy) and its because most creators out there just reskin and make little adjustments to the map other people have made. (Not being against creators) Many mods out there have everything that people want but some don't have much and then people forget the mod and delete it. Only reason why I am following this mod is because I love everything that itchboy has done and he always gets the people what they want. Not to much and not to little, I will always wish the best of luck to itchboy on his mod and all the other creators and people making their mods. Never give up because you never know what can happen if you do it.   

Because I never actually showed a pic of the completed BEAR

fCVmRGA.png

Model originally by LA Mod Team, heavilly modified into correct specs by me, with assistance from MikeyPI

Due to recent events surrounding this LA vehicle pack, I feel that I no longer wish to release this pack. I have a big modding project coming up soon and I don't want to spoil the mod and its vehicles that I will be making. I want to preserve the uniquness of these vehicles and wish to improve the modding community by not handing out content so easilly anymore. Its about time we ended this reskin mod ********* and actually had a set of unique, tasteful and special mods. We need to go beyond repainting a car and calling it a mod.

The existing release is still going to be available in its current form, BUT THE RULES I SET STILL APPLY, but the new version won't be coming out.

I have a big modding project coming up soon and I don't want to spoil the mod and its vehicles that I will be making. I want to preserve the uniquness of these vehicles and wish to improve the modding community by not handing out content so easilly anymore. Its about time we ended this reskin mod ********* and actually had a set of unique, tasteful and special mods. We need to go beyond repainting a car and calling it a mod.

Looks great, Itchboy.

You make great points, thank you for all of your hard work!

Itchboy,

I have to say this.. I was so looking forward the pack coming out when it was completed, because the vehicles look amazing and I don't have knowledge to make anything close to them. However I totally understand your feelings  and wishes to kill the release.

I wish you the best on your next Big Modding Project.

Because I never actually showed a pic of the completed BEAR

fCVmRGA.png

Model originally by LA Mod Team, heavilly modified into correct specs by me, with assistance from MikeyPI

Due to recent events surrounding this LA vehicle pack, I feel that I no longer wish to release this pack. I have a big modding project coming up soon and I don't want to spoil the mod and its vehicles that I will be making. I want to preserve the uniquness of these vehicles and wish to improve the modding community by not handing out content so easilly anymore. Its about time we ended this reskin mod ********* and actually had a set of unique, tasteful and special mods. We need to go beyond repainting a car and calling it a mod.

The existing release is still going to be available in its current form, BUT THE RULES I SET STILL APPLY, but the new version won't be coming out.

So all because of misunderstanding with one person you are no longer going to release a pack. Yes I agree we need a new mod that isn't just reskins or vehicle changes but there are very few people who have time or the skills to make a whole mod from scratch.

So all because of misunderstanding with one person you are no longer going to release a pack. Yes I agree we need a new mod that isn't just reskins or vehicle changes but there are very few people who have time or the skills to make a whole mod from scratch.

I don't think that's why he's not releasing his pack understand there might be other factors involved why he is not releasing the pack. But I totally agree with your opinion.

No, this is primarilly because I wish to focus on an actual mod, and not a bunch of cars. Thats pretty much it. The recent events just pushed me over the edge. This isnt about the misunderstanding. This isnt about others. Its about my own personal decision to do this.

This is a big let down but i understand where your coming from and you want to push your limits to make your own mod instead of making vehicles... but everyone who got so hyped up for brand new vehicles is let down because all the suspense and spoilers you showed them... just my opinion.

So apparently there's a lot of confusion here on this. Now itchboy, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what is happening:

Itchboy has chosen to develop a load of vehicles and models for the game. 

Instead of releasing these models in a pack that people will reskin and use in their own mod, he has decided to use them for something else, namely his own mod. 

I don't understand the shock and awe here. Almost EVERY single legitimate mod creator has made their own models for their own mod. Why is it shocking that itchboy is doing the same?

I don't understand the shock and awe here. Almost EVERY single legitimate mod creator has made their own models for their own mod. Why is it shocking that itchboy is doing the same?

Truth.