itchboy

Los Angeles Mod Vehicle Set [STOPPED]

I actually meant "fictional" mods, not so much the vehicle in particular.  The reason most favor the fictional route for mods is because they can't be told they're wrong, as opposed to basing on a real vehicle where you're going to run into issues with things being inaccurate due to lack of information.  You could try to contact mikesphotos regarding assistance with vehicles in making them accurate, I am sure if he has valid information to the vehicle you're doing he'd be more than willing to provide it.  Problem is I have not seen him around these parts for quite some time and am uncertain if he maintains any interest in the em4 game series anymore or if he's moved on.  Worth a shot to try to contact him none the less since it is an area he is quite well versed in, along with helping the original la mod team in the past quite extensively.

I actually meant "fictional" mods, not so much the vehicle in particular.  The reason most favor the fictional route for mods is because they can't be told they're wrong, as opposed to basing on a real vehicle where you're going to run into issues with things being inaccurate due to lack of information.  You could try to contact mikesphotos regarding assistance with vehicles in making them accurate, I am sure if he has valid information to the vehicle you're doing he'd be more than willing to provide it.  Problem is I have not seen him around these parts for quite some time and am uncertain if he maintains any interest in the em4 game series anymore or if he's moved on.  Worth a shot to try to contact him none the less since it is an area he is quite well versed in, along with helping the original la mod team in the past quite extensively.

He hasn't been active in his site either. Last update was last year. The question is "is he even still in the internet?"

I'll give it a try. He has an email adress I think thats posted on his site.

Every FD unit completed so far.

FWgxz87.png

Itchboy, I'm just wondering if you have thought about doing a LA County Engine to go with the Patrol & the Squad? In other words how did you pick the different styles of Engines that you did?

Probably won't do LA County. There aren't any LA County FF's in the game. Unless someone wants to make new person skins and send them to me.

I choose my engines through google. What I can find when I google LAFD Fire Engine is what I make.

Light preview of the new engines and other vehicles

• Lights on Engines and LAXPD Caprice by Flnn Rescue with some edits by me.
  • All other vehicles were lighted 100% by me

Looking tasty as usual.

I do have some need for County engines so it'd be great (since the LA County sub-mod has fallen quiet for some time). Is there really much difference between LAFD and LACoFD uniforms besides lettering and logos? Different shade of yellow or style of helmet? I'd mess around but I don't have any way to edit images without messing up the alpha layers.

Thing with this is, he's just make prototypes and models. There's no install. You have to make it in the game, that means adding lines to the appropriate scripts like siren scripts, the units.xml folders, and of course, the fp garage. These are models with lights he's providing, you're required to do the work of putting it in game. 

family picture looks great! seems like the next update is going to be big.

The easiest way would be to rename the prototypes and replace them with the original ones. Then you have to pick your favorite 2 engines and make them ALS and BLS, same for police units and ambos.

If you don't care about unit descriptions etc., this will keep the vehicle pool manageable. You only have to edit the files if you want them all.

Guess I wait for the full release until I'll make my decision.

Let's see what Itchboy the magician pulls out of his hat next. :laugh:

Looks cool but serves no purpose to the game unfortunately. The HAZMAT also already has floodlight animations and it is a complete pain in the ass having 4 different animations for the flooodlight and the awning.

I've reworked the model because of the part thats cutout from the rear of the HAZMAT.

ICK8WgI.png

Anyone have top view pics of the HAZMAT? I need info on whats in the roof part of the rear portion.

http://www.flickriver.com/search/lafd+hazmat/ there are lot of pictures of hazmat truck and some details of it , you must scroll a lot to find some good photos

From the pictures, it appears that nothing is roof mounted and that the depth of the "cut" is as far forward on your model obviously due to the walk in area in the main body area of the chassis. The only thing that does appear evident is that the area has storage bins that are covered with the diamond platting. Their is usually the loop style door knobs and the storage bins up their are typically large to very large in size. So without a top down picture for verification, I would have to go with that your model is correct as it would be in real life.

Source: I am a FF/EMT

From the pictures, it appears that nothing is roof mounted and that the depth of the "cut" is as far forward on your model obviously due to the walk in area in the main body area of the chassis. The only thing that does appear evident is that the area has storage bins that are covered with the diamond platting. Their is usually the loop style door knobs and the storage bins up their are typically large to very large in size. So without a top down picture for verification, I would have to go with that your model is correct as it would be in real life.

Source: I am a FF/EMT

Thanks for the insight.

Light preview of HAZMAT. Lights by Flnn Rescue with edits by me.

Special thanks to MikeyPI for helping me create the roof equipment.

family picture looks great! seems like the next update is going to be big.

Here's a real family picture:

Ubuh89y.png