itchboy

Los Angeles Mod Vehicle Set [STOPPED]

Looks great cant wait to roll em into the paint shop, for the Hazmat please consider adding animation to the retractable awing as it would really add to its realism.

HAZMAT truck looks good. But it should have a ladder on the back.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/6726903059

The model used by LA mod is quite different than that. I'll still add the ladder anyway.

Looks great cant wait to roll em into the paint shop, for the Hazmat please consider adding animation to the retractable awing as it would really add to its realism.

Retractable awing? Whats this?

Itchboy said a while back I believe he's borrowed the NYC Mixed Car Script from the New York Mod by MikeyPI.

Yes but that is off limits to the public. MikeyPI does not allow usage in other mods.

Wanted to go for some variety between the Hazmat and USAR trucks.

Good point.

VNY-LAFD-RAT59-011.jpg

Here's an Air Tender with one extended, cover from weather. The protrusion on the side of the Hazmat truck is where it's supposed to be, though I don't think the USAR model has anything like it. The ATF Command Post has the animation for it's Deploy command as an example.

Good point.

Here's an Air Tender with one extended, cover from weather. The protrusion on the side of the Hazmat truck is where it's supposed to be, though I don't think the USAR model has anything like it. The ATF Command Post has the animation for it's Deploy command as an example.

Looks cool but serves no purpose to the game unfortunately. The HAZMAT also already has floodlight animations and it is a complete pain in the ass having 4 different animations for the flooodlight and the awning.

I've reworked the model because of the part thats cutout from the rear of the HAZMAT.

ICK8WgI.png

Anyone have top view pics of the HAZMAT? I need info on whats in the roof part of the rear portion.

Yes but that is off limits to the public. MikeyPI does not allow usage in other mods.

Not quite true, it's just case-by-case basis, you can lemme know what you need in pm and I'll tell you if it's possible to borrow =)

Not quite true, it's just case-by-case basis, you can lemme know what you need in pm and I'll tell you if it's possible to borrow =)

The model used by LA mod is quite different than that. I'll still add the ladder anyway.

Mikeypi aint the bad guy ya'll think he is.

Looks cool but serves no purpose to the game unfortunately. The HAZMAT also already has floodlight animations and it is a complete pain in the ass having 4 different animations for the flooodlight and the awning.

I've reworked the model because of the part thats cutout from the rear of the HAZMAT.

ICK8WgI.png

Anyone have top view pics of the HAZMAT? I need info on whats in the roof part of the rear portion.

It is empty just the compartments.

Looks like one unit up behind the cab as seen here. Mike has some photos here, but there's no real good angle on the top

Thanks for the pics. I've seen both already and they only give marginal info on what's up there. How did Hoppah even make the original models anyway with such little info?

Thanks for the pics. I've seen both already and they only give marginal info on what's up there. How did Hoppah even make the original models anyway with such little info?

Welcome to the world of authentic replication.  No matter how hard you try you'll always come up short on the whole picture, Mikesphotos helped him improve many of the models in the LA Mod, prior to that they had to be largely guesswork.  Especially on the roofs of the larger vehicles, kind of hard to find pics of the tops of vehicles that are over 8 feet tall.  Such is why "fictional" is easier, nobody can say it aint accurate if it doesnt really exist in the first place.

Welcome to the world of authentic replication.  No matter how hard you try you'll always come up short on the whole picture, Mikesphotos helped him improve many of the models in the LA Mod, prior to that they had to be largely guesswork.  Especially on the roofs of the larger vehicles, kind of hard to find pics of the tops of vehicles that are over 8 feet tall.  Such is why "fictional" is easier, nobody can say it aint accurate if it doesnt really exist in the first place.

Would it be rude to try to contact Mike and ask for help? I'd do fictional but it would be a pain in the ass having to re animate the model once I finish it. And it would bug me every time I see it that "this has been faked".