itchboy

Los Angeles Mod Vehicle Set [STOPPED]

Its no secret anyomre. Its for Montana.

If I get demand, I might bring it over here.

Ha! Sorry. Didn't mean to ruin the surprise.  I was just wondering if it was going to replace the "Vintage Ambulance" on the LA Mod.  Sorry itchboy!

Well, that's disappointing. What's the point of a release if people can't use them? Is that what you intended. or did you misstate something?

From what I gather, Loot, is that he isn't going to allow someone to use his LA Mod vehicles for their mods.  I may be reading it wrong myself.

They are for use in the la mod

From what I gather, Loot, is that he isn't going to allow someone to use his LA Mod vehicles for their mods.  I may be reading it wrong myself.

As I said, it's worded confusingly if that's the case. Still, "you can't use these at all in any situation" is not what I expect itchboy to mean, so I was just looking for clarification. 

@TheLoot

What Itchyboy is trying to state

"No program, code, part, image, audio sample, or text may be copied or used in any way by the user except as intended within the bounds of the single user program. You must contact Itchboy for any questions in regard to this."

This is in regards to the release "LA MOD 3.1 by PaganiZonda760" in which PaganiZonda760 may have or may have not used some of Itchyboy's work without permission.

Well, that's disappointing. What's the point of a release if people can't use them? Is that what you intended. or did you misstate something?

Yeah, Loot, I had to read it a couple of times before it clicked. I can definitely understand with why itchboy decided to do it

.....I'll admit I worded it quite badly. I suck at making these. I edited the post and added clarifications.

So basically:

• I am referring to this LA Mod vehicle pack. All of my other stuff are for free to use
  • Released mods can no longer take these units. They have to make their own LA themed units.
  • Private unreleased mods are allowed to take everything as long as its personal.
  • Mods that already make use of my content will have to remove my stuff from their mods
  • Sorry if it is confusing. Hope I didn't bother too many people.

My reasons for doing this are because I never intended this pack to be used as a base for modding. I spent shitloads of effort in research, Zmod, lighting and asking questions. LA Mod 3.0 has nothing to do with it at all. I created this topic as a way to showcase proper usage of my models and conversions.

I never ever expected to see my work being used in other ways besides that. I feel that having other mods just take from it directly undermines my months and years of practice, trial and error. My decision is rooted in the fact that most mods in this site right now are products of direct copy pasting of content with minimal changes. Most US themed mods coming out now all look the same to me. For example:

• Based from LA Mod
  • Makes use of LA Freeplay map
  • Borrows models from the Montana mod, LA Mod and my own stuff
  • Makes use of LA mod scripts and nothing else

.....I'll admit I worded it quite badly. I suck at making these. I edited the post and added clarifications.

So basically:

• I am referring to this LA Mod vehicle pack. All of my other stuff are for free to use
  • Released mods can no longer take these units. They have to make their own LA themed units.
  • Private unreleased mods are allowed to take everything as long as its personal.
  • Mods that already make use of my content may keep what they have, but they will not be allowed to have next releases.
  • Sorry if it is confusing. Hope I didn't bother too many people.

My reasons for doing this are because I never intended this pack to be used as a base for modding. I spent shitloads of effort in research, Zmod, lighting and asking questions. LA Mod 3.0 has nothing to do with it at all. I created this topic as a way to showcase proper usage of my models and conversions.

I never ever expected to see my work being used in other ways besides that. I feel that having other mods just take from it directly undermines my months and years of practice, trial and error. My decision is rooted in the fact that most mods in this site right now are products of direct copy pasting of content with minimal changes. Most US themed mods coming out now all look the same to me. For example:

• Based from LA Mod
  • Makes use of LA Freeplay map
  • Borrows models from the Montana mod, LA Mod and my own stuff
  • Makes use of LA mod scripts and nothing else

@Itchboy I'm just a player and like your mod :-)

Now for an important announcement:

Starting with the upcoming release, I will NO LONGER ALLOW DIRECT USAGE OF THE VEHICLES IN THIS PACK IN ANY OTHER RELEASED MODS. PERSONAL MODS ARE STILL OKAY. If anyone wishes to have LA themed units in a released mod, they will have to create their own.

Any existing mods using LA vehicles may still keep the units they took, but they will NOT BE ALLOWED to take vehicles from the next update and onwards.

And now to show the reworked ambulances. All lighted and ready to go.

Now with accurate rear lightbars, parts and high resolution rear box textures.

The ambulances look awesome, but just one thing is off. Any ambulances purchased from ~2007 on have hi-viz on the back. RA 827 in your screenshot should have the same rear as 102. All ambulances with the chrome grille should have hi-viz on the back.

The ambulances look awesome, but just one thing is off. Any ambulances purchased from ~2007 on have hi-viz on the back. RA 827 in your screenshot should have the same rear as 102. All ambulances with the chrome grille should have hi-viz on the back.

I thought the BLS Ambulances had no rear stripes? According to MikesPhotos' post from 2010.

So that Caltrans truck is not allowed in public mod? The cars look awesome!!!

Nope. Not allowed. Make your own CalTrans truck if you release a public mod with it.

I see. I want to have no rear stripes so that players can distinguish between ALS and BLS ambulances.

Absolutely, but it should be the old model of the ALS ambulance from the current LA mod with the hi-viz removed, like the one in the link below but with an 800/900 number.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/sets/72157615600895361

Eventually these will all be replaced and every ambulance will have the hi-viz. 

As you have said it is still ok to use your vehicles in private mods, I was wondering have you released (or planning on releasing) these two? Also have they been scaled up or are they the same size as your other models?

Thanks

Next update comes when I finish the two LAFD fire engines. These will make it in. Thanks to MikeyPI for permission with the small tow truck. These have the usual scaling on all of my models.

Next update comes when I finish the two LAFD fire engines. These will make it in. Thanks to MikeyPI for permission with the small tow truck. These have the usual scaling on all of my models.

Thank you for the info, looking forward to them. Keep up the great work, you have done a hell of a lot seeing as these were meant to be showcase only.

Thank you for the info, looking forward to them. Keep up the great work, you have done a hell of a lot seeing as these were meant to be showcase only.

You're welcome, and I never thought of it as showcase only. Maybe playable units only but no release in other mods. Seems reasonable enough.

Progress on the Seagrave engine model:

3831TtW.png

Sorry if the answer is really obvious, but I've spent the past hour looking for the "LA Police Upgrade Mod" mentioned in the readme and haven't found it. Could someone tell me what to search or give me a link? Would be really appreciated as these models look amazing. Plus I really want to equip my police force with the new Ford Interceptors. :P

Sorry if the answer is really obvious, but I've spent the past hour looking for the "LA Police Upgrade Mod" mentioned in the readme and haven't found it. Could someone tell me what to search or give me a link? Would be really appreciated as these models look amazing. Plus I really want to equip my police force with the new Ford Interceptors. :P

Here.