itchboy

Los Angeles Mod Vehicle Set [STOPPED]

My first skin with some effort (by my standards anyways) has graced your Suburban.

Looks great. Here's a treat you and everyone would probably like:

qgQkVVQ.png

The window bars are 3D. The side door has a slide animation too.

Does this thing have any emergency lights at all? Should it have any window bars on the rear doors?

Anyone got info on the SAR Rescue Dog vehicle?

And I think this could be a good idea for a fanbanner of this car pack:

ejJ2MB0.png

Looks great. Here's a treat you and everyone would probably like:

The window bars are 3D. The side door has a slide animation too.

Does this thing have any emergency lights at all? Should it have any window bars on the rear doors?

Awesome!

I saw the older model without bars on the rear doors, but I can't find any images of this particular model. As for lights, can't find much easily, except one with a single red LED between the visors. Maybe treat it like a slicktop with minimal windshield and rear door lights, and some recessed grill lights. It could easily be converted to a SWAT vehicle that way (which I'd like. BTW, do you plan on replacing the SWAT and FBI SUVs?)

Anyone got info on the SAR Rescue Dog vehicle?

All I've found of Los Angeles Rescue vehicles are various LASD Utility and Pickup trucks (RAM 5500, this RAM, F350 and 450) and SUVs (Expedition, Yukon, Wrangler, H2, a dealer sponsored Montero Sport, an older Sierra 3500). Also saw an LA County Fire S&R Econoline in there.

Hows the LACoFD Squad coming?

Nice little banner there, though I'd feature some of your cars instead of real ones. ;)

@Itchboy

The old LASD vans have the red standby light. I haven't really seen a van with window bars on the rear doors.

There's not really any real counterpart to S&R Suv.

@The Loot

I'll get u some references for lighting on the LACoFD suburban.

I'll get u reference videos for both of you.

@Itchboy

The old LASD vans have the red standby light. I haven't really seen a van with window bars on the rear doors.

There's not really any real counterpart to S&R Suv.

@The Loot

I'll get u some references for lighting on the LACoFD suburban.

I'll get u reference videos for both of you.

So thats it? No fancy LED setup?

This will be easy.

Awesome!

I saw the older model without bars on the rear doors, but I can't find any images of this particular model. As for lights, can't find much easily, except one with a single red LED between the visors. Maybe treat it like a slicktop with minimal windshield and rear door lights, and some recessed grill lights. It could easily be converted to a SWAT vehicle that way (which I'd like. BTW, do you plan on replacing the SWAT and FBI SUVs?)

All I've found of Los Angeles Rescue vehicles are various LASD Utility and Pickup trucks (RAM 5500, this RAM, F350 and 450) and SUVs (Expedition, Yukon, Wrangler, H2, a dealer sponsored Montero Sport, an older Sierra 3500). Also saw an LA County Fire S&R Econoline in there.

Hows the LACoFD Squad coming?

Nice little banner there, though I'd feature some of your cars instead of real ones. ;)

The white RAM is the one I would really like to do, but I already have too many Dodge Rams in this car pack.

I have only ever seen a Ford E350 van serving as a USAR dog vehicle. Lightbar on roof, lights on the front fenders, no pictures of the back of it. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/navymailman/5496199280/in/photolist-oAuxjQ-a7Jstk-6B1yEA-a1ACzk-9j2h4k-9nFsyy-9n9LGp-cXVGiE-5XRUy5-8Fq6YB-a1Ds6Q-79w9k2-f38m7S-f2T6ua-9j5i3L-aDbHtY-9rBGUB-a3TaWU-9rrGTx-6o4Qgp-ai9QcR-aicApu-aicByf-aicDaN-av3Bps-9qh4t1-9qe3dZ-oxz2pQ-9j2bU4-auZVsz-auZW9T-9LXyKu-ai9QxP-6o3TBT-9kaqt1-6o6euJ-aicCPC-oeLEYT-auZGf6-auZUoF-auZV6T-cXVPRj-auZVYZ-9rsbwC-av3BvW-abc18M-av3B2f-oxvckr-7QYJna-av3B2U

And I've seen pictures of the LA Co Sheriff with lights on the back doors, again nothing of the front window, but grill lights. The back is two lights, top half of each is amber, bottom is blue (like most LA Sheriff), with amber on one lit up, at the same time as the opposite blue is. Hope that helps and makes sense. Similar light size to the Emerg light on the back of the LACoFD Squad.

I have only ever seen a Ford E350 van serving as a USAR dog vehicle. Lightbar on roof, lights on the front fenders, no pictures of the back of it. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/navymailman/5496199280/in/photolist-oAuxjQ-a7Jstk-6B1yEA-a1ACzk-9j2h4k-9nFsyy-9n9LGp-cXVGiE-5XRUy5-8Fq6YB-a1Ds6Q-79w9k2-f38m7S-f2T6ua-9j5i3L-aDbHtY-9rBGUB-a3TaWU-9rrGTx-6o4Qgp-ai9QcR-aicApu-aicByf-aicDaN-av3Bps-9qh4t1-9qe3dZ-oxz2pQ-9j2bU4-auZVsz-auZW9T-9LXyKu-ai9QxP-6o3TBT-9kaqt1-6o6euJ-aicCPC-oeLEYT-auZGf6-auZUoF-auZV6T-cXVPRj-auZVYZ-9rsbwC-av3BvW-abc18M-av3B2f-oxvckr-7QYJna-av3B2U

And I've seen pictures of the LA Co Sheriff with lights on the back doors, again nothing of the front window, but grill lights. The back is two lights, top half of each is amber, bottom is blue (like most LA Sheriff), with amber on one lit up, at the same time as the opposite blue is. Hope that helps and makes sense. Similar light size to the Emerg light on the back of the LACoFD Squad.

This is very helpful. Thank you for the insight. I do remember coming across that photo once. I also remember seeing a photo of a WHITE LASD van with square LED lights on the rear. Is that what is being referred to?

@Itchboy I referenced that squared led lightbar.

Its on the second link.

Oh. So it was you. Thanks.

Using all of your advice, I have created this lighting for it:

SecondOilyAdmiralbutterfly.gif

I didn't use the square rear lights because it isn't used on the black and white version in real life.

The USAR Dog vehicle is WIP.........but

I'm getting tired of doing Econoline vans actually. I guess I have no choice though since the only one with proper pics is that one.

Edited by itchboy

This is very helpful. Thank you for the insight. I do remember coming across that photo once. I also remember seeing a photo of a WHITE LASD van with square LED lights on the rear. Is that what is being referred to?

Are we sure that the white, LACoFD van is actually a USAR dog vehicle and not just a van?

@billyfromhill

Look the S&R Dog Suv that Hoppah made is a fictional unit since there really inst any fire dept markings on it. Of course its real counterpart could be different since there is a lot of FD's in LA County and different apparatus and vehicles.

@Itchboy I referenced that squared led lightbar.

Its on the second link.

That's the picture I was talking about, but I couldn't find actual link to show it.

Oh. So it was you. Thanks.

Using all of your advice, I have created this lighting for it:

https://gfycat.com/SecondOilyAdmiralbutterfly

I didn't use the square rear lights because it isn't used on the black and white version in real life.

The USAR Dog vehicle is WIP.........but

I'm getting tired of doing Econoline vans actually. I guess I have no choice though since the only one with proper pics is that one.

Van looks great, only comment is your red and blue grills should be reversed, blue typically goes on the passenger side and red on the drivers side, at least on the front of vehicles.

Are we sure that the white, LACoFD van is actually a USAR dog vehicle and not just a van?

I think I've seen a picture inside the rear of that van, and it's filled with dog cages and such to facilitate the transporting of USAR Dogs to scenes.

You guys might want to check this for the S&R K9. :)

It looks like they use a red E350. Will look into this. Thanks.

That's the picture I was talking about, but I couldn't find actual link to show it.

Van looks great, only comment is your red and blue grills should be reversed, blue typically goes on the passenger side and red on the drivers side, at least on the front of vehicles.

I think I've seen a picture inside the rear of that van, and it's filled with dog cages and such to facilitate the transporting of USAR Dogs to scenes.

Thanks for the hint. I'll be sure to reverse the lights.

It's finally done. The package has been updated.

BSXWB63.png

Edited by itchboy

Everything looks good! Wondering if anyone can help though. All the cars show up on the editor. The cars that were replaced (Charger umpc, tahoe, updated prisoner transport etc.) all work fine in free play. I added all the new vehicles to the script in freeplaybase. But the other vehicles (all taurus, 2012 explorer etc.) Don't show up. Any help?

Did you create Unit folders for them? They won't show up in the callout menu without those. You'll also need to edit various xml files to get names and pictures set up for them, and add them to any scripts that require them to be defined..

Thanks that helped! I got them to work in freeplay. I will post a short tutorial for anyone that is having issues later on.

How I installed to free play for those that may be having trouble. *DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!*

Follow basic install instructions. After you put all folders where they belong this is what you do.

Go to Los Angeles Mod v2.1\Specs open freeplaybase (I use wordpad)

These are the lines you will include depending on whether they are written similar or not. Copy and paste

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/chp_suv.e4p" count="8" />
    <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/cv_umpc4.e4p" count="8" />
    <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/cv_lapd_slicktop2.e4p" count="8" />
    <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/cv_umpc3.e4p" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/dodge_charger_lasd.e4p" count="8" />
    <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/explorer_lasd" count="8" />
    <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lapd_taurus" count="8" />
    <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lasd_caprice" count="8" />
    <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lasd_taurus" count="8" />

*After you add those lines make sure to SAVE*

Next go to the Units\Vehicles\Police folder  ( C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.1\Units\Vehicles\Police )

YOU MUST CREATE NEW FOLDERS and they must be named exactly as the vehicle Example

For LASD Caprice  <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lasd_caprice" count="8" /> The folder should be named "lasd_caprice"

After you make your folders, open (090lapdpatrolcar)

*C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.1\Units\Vehicles\Police\090lapdpatrolcar *

Copy and paste everything in there into all your new folders. Now for the difficult part.

In all your new folders you open up the unit tab (I used wordpad)

The first line should say the following.

<unit id="CV_LAPD">

Anywhere that it says "CV_LAPD" in the open units page You are going to change it to whatever the folder name is. For example

<unit id="CV_LAPD"> Should be changed to <unit id="dodge_charger_lasd"> for the dodge_charger_lasd folder.

Under campaign and freeplay you will also change the vehicle type. Example

<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/CV_LAPD.e4p" />   Should be changed to

<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/dodge_charger_lasd.e4p" /> and than do all folders and you should be good to go.

Thanks again to "The Loot" for helping. I hope this helps others no matter how confusing it sounds :holdglass:

How I installed to free play for those that may be having trouble. *DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!*

Follow basic install instructions. After you put all folders where they belong this is what you do.

Go to Los Angeles Mod v2.1\Specs open freeplaybase (I use wordpad)

These are the lines you will include depending on whether they are written similar or not. Copy and paste

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/chp_suv.e4p" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/cv_umpc4.e4p" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/cv_lapd_slicktop2.e4p" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/cv_umpc3.e4p" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/dodge_charger_lasd.e4p" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/explorer_lasd" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lapd_taurus" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lasd_caprice" count="8" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lasd_taurus" count="8" />

*After you add those lines make sure to SAVE*

Next go to the Units\Vehicles\Police folder  ( C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.1\Units\Vehicles\Police )

YOU MUST CREATE NEW FOLDERS and they must be named exactly as the vehicle Example

For LASD Caprice  <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/lasd_caprice" count="8" /> The folder should be named "lasd_caprice"

After you make your folders, open (090lapdpatrolcar)

*C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.1\Units\Vehicles\Police\090lapdpatrolcar *

Copy and paste everything in there into all your new folders. Now for the difficult part.

In all your new folders you open up the unit tab (I used wordpad)

The first line should say the following.

<unit id="CV_LAPD">

Anywhere that it says "CV_LAPD" in the open units page You are going to change it to whatever the folder name is. For example

<unit id="CV_LAPD"> Should be changed to <unit id="dodge_charger_lasd"> for the dodge_charger_lasd folder.

Under campaign and freeplay you will also change the vehicle type. Example

<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/CV_LAPD.e4p" />   Should be changed to

<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/dodge_charger_lasd.e4p" /> and than do all folders and you should be good to go.

Thanks again to "The Loot" for helping. I hope this helps others no matter how confusing it sounds :holdglass:

You deserve a medal. This is how I did it, except that most of the new patrol cars are "new instances". Meaning, they don't replace the original CVPI's

Some additions to Jose Pedalio's info.

Lang/EN/Infotexts.xml

<string name="ID_NAME_VEHICLE">Name Here</string> (Shows up in buy/deploy dialog.)<string name="ID_PURPOSE_VEHICLE">Short description here.</string> (Shows up in buy/deploy dialog.)<string name="ID_TOOLTIP_VEHICLE">Name Here</string> (Shows up when hovering over a picture on vehicle menu.)

Lang/EN/Portraits.xml

<string name="ID_PORTRAIT_VEHICLE">Name Here</string> (Shows up under unit picture when selected in-game.)

Specs/Portraits.xml

<portrait prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/vehicle.e4p" text="VEHICLE" unit="VEHICLE"/> (Determines what strings are used for specific prototypes.)

Everywhere it says "VEHICLE" needs to be the same for a single unit, and corresponds with the same Unit ID used in the unit.xml file. Multiple vehicles can share the same Unit ID, and pull from the same Language strings, but each prototype needs its own line in the Specs xml file.

Itchboy, do you plan on replacing the tow truck? I know you're working on something for the Engineer vehicle.

Thanks. Only cars I'm still having trouble getting to show up are all taurus except umpc and the caprice. Ima try and figure it out later to see if I did anything wrong.

I might as well admit that I'm using it in conjunction with MikeyPI's random car script. I can't share it because I don't have his permission of course.

The script basically spawns either a Taurus, Caprice or UMPC version when I send a regular CVPI through the game's default unit selection screen. I can still spawn CVPI's but I modified it so that CVPI's still spawn, but at a lower rate since CVPI's are dead now.