Seluryar

Post your Battlestation!(Desk)

I'll get back to you when I buy a new setup,,,,, I just have an acer aspire. With an external mouse and keyboard. 

Manufacturer Acer Processor Intel® Core i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz Memory 4096MB RAM Hard Drive 480 GB Motherboard Not Available Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
video-7a5c44f8df86611efe742f4d940032ec.p Video Card Intel® HD Graphics Family Physics Card No Monitor Not Available
sound-0ef43de6ab5d6bfda32f9012912cad8d.p Sound Card Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Speakers Not Available
peripherals-73a346fc4e51552bd55834710429 Keyboard USB Root Hub Mouse USB Root Hub Mouse Surface Not Available Computer Case Not Available

I have a Compaq Presario Desktop I bought in 2008. Should I upgrade or buy a new one? 

It never hurts to upgrade every few years.

if you are in the USA, avoid Best Buy when buying new parts. It is cheaper to go the build your own route, but you should be able to recycle parts from your current Compaq pc, but I can only see the hard drive and dvd drive being usable, as well as your monitor.

When I build my computers, I always use parts from my old builds, here are my current specs with recycled parts with an *.

Intel I7 4770k
Coolermaster Hyper 212+ cpu cooler*
Asrock motherboard
8gb G Skill Ripjaw X memory*
MSI GTX 660ti*
Corsair TX650 psu*
dvd drive*(been using this same one since 2010(2 computers ago))

So basically, all I bought to put this current rig together are the cpu and motherboard. I would love to upgrade the memory and video card later this year.

So keep in mind when building a future computer, reuse some parts to save money!

I find a good way to keep current is watch online offers at places like Newegg or wherever, and every year or two, basically whenever you notice your computer starting to lack, update something. I usually will get 2 years out of each mobo/processor, and depending on the sales, between a year to three years on video cards. For me the only other thing that really gets replaced before it dies is a hard drive, which will just be upsized when it becomes full/cost effective to purchase a bigger one

I find a good way to keep current is watch online offers at places like Newegg or wherever, and every year or two, basically whenever you notice your computer starting to lack, update something. I usually will get 2 years out of each mobo/processor, and depending on the sales, between a year to three years on video cards. For me the only other thing that really gets replaced before it dies is a hard drive, which will just be upsized when it becomes full/cost effective to purchase a bigger one

Microcenter usually has great prices for local pickup, at the time, the i7 4770k was selling for $340 online, I got mine for $300 local with taxes, 3 weeks after I got it, the local price dropped to $200+tax for a few days

Toshiba Laptop

Specs: 

Processor: AMD A4-5000 with Radeon HD Graphics (4 CPUs) ~1.5GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Pretty decent in my opinion, looking to get one of them spiffy looking 1 grand laptops...xD