Aether

Liberty City Police Modification [Slow WIP]

Like Bill said, no download yet. Still in Alpha stage. There may be a Beta release, but currently there are two performance crippling bugs:

1. After about 10 minutes of playing in freeplay, game will begin to drastically lag when a vehicle is selected.

2. Multiplayer crashes once loading bar finishes.

MP instability isn't as big of an issue as freeplay as of now. If you have any info. in regards to those problems you can either PM me or reply.

As far as progress, LCFR is only going to run BLS (Basic Life Support) Ambulances. There will be a medic flycar on map which you call to ALS (Advanced Life Support) medical runs. This is to add some diversity to EMS and not just get on scene/treat/transport all with one unit (Although that does happen in real life most times).

Like Bill said, no download yet. Still in Alpha stage. There may be a Beta release, but currently there are two performance crippling bugs:

1. After about 10 minutes of playing in freeplay, game will begin to drastically lag when a vehicle is selected.

2. Multiplayer crashes once loading bar finishes.

MP instability isn't as big of an issue as freeplay as of now. If you have any info. in regards to those problems you can either PM me or reply.

As far as progress, LCFR is only going to run BLS (Basic Life Support) Ambulances. There will be a medic flycar on map which you call to ALS (Advanced Life Support) medical runs. This is to add some diversity to EMS and not just get on scene/treat/transport all with one unit (Although that does happen in real life most times).

For the lag, does it happen when you have alot of vehicles on the map after that time? Or is it always after 10 minutes regardless?

I like that idea of having only BLS ambulances, as I like to use the EMS captain, then use him to call for the appropriate ambulance. Otherwise he doesn't really have a use if you have all ALS ambulances.

I LOVE THIS IDEA. Gives something different about it. Im assuming we can call an ALS fire engine to assist the BLS ambulance as well though?

Willa078

For the lag, does it happen when you have alot of vehicles on the map after that time? Or is it always after 10 minutes regardless?

I like that idea of having only BLS ambulances, as I like to use the EMS captain, then use him to call for the appropriate ambulance. Otherwise he doesn't really have a use if you have all ALS ambulances.

After testing out different mods and looking at the FPS I got, it turns out that most mods have an FPS drop when selecting a unit, it is just more noticeable in the LC-Police mod for me. However, when I was playing the Montana Mod today I also got about the same FPS drop. EX: If I had three units selected simultaneously the FPS went from 95-23. So I am hoping that if you can run the Montana mod without issues, the LC-Police mod should work just fine.

After testing out different mods and looking at the FPS I got, it turns out that most mods have an FPS drop when selecting a unit, it is just more noticeable in the LC-Police mod for me. However, when I was playing the Montana Mod today I also got about the same FPS drop. EX: If I had three units selected simultaneously the FPS went from 95-23. So I am hoping that if you can run the Montana mod without issues, the LC-Police mod should work just fine.

Yeah I get that with the Montana mod, I'm not sure if its because of the radiation, models or something, but since I edited the lights the FPS drop isn't so bad.

Here are some screenshots I took in game. The Squad 252 texture is temporary and from the Brooklyn Mod. The Medic chase car skin will also be changing slightly. The medics are run by the hospital which is the reason why the livery is blue.

post-39366-0-43622600-1414959721_thumb.p

Medic 91 and LCFR Squad 165 on scene of a chest pain call at the airport.

post-39366-0-49030500-1414959782_thumb.p

Engine 44 on scene of a fire at the airport.

post-39366-0-76191900-1414959753_thumb.p

Major MVA; Engine 65 (Squad 252 in picture), Medic 91, Squads 144 and 165, and Rescue 44 operating on scene.

post-39366-0-09437800-1414961199_thumb.p

Station 44 apparattus: Engine 44-1, Engine 44-2, Ladder 44, Rescue 44, Squad 165 (Should be 144)

• Upvote 1

So even though no posts have been made in a while, work has slowly been going on and will continue. You could be looking at a beta by the end of the month. On another note, the city just broke ground on a third fire station, Station 52. I was planning on having a pumper tanker, rescue pumper, and utility at this three bay station. However, I'm open to suggestions for another apparatus because I can easily have the utility in the back parking lot instead of a bay. Stay tuned!

post-39366-0-69825300-1426014340_thumb.p

LCFR companies 44 and 65 on scene of a working fire in a commercial structure.

post-39366-0-06821100-1426014368_thumb.p

Squad 144, Rescue 44, and Medic 91 on scene of a fall in the State Park (Name TBD).

post-39366-0-68197600-1426014378_thumb.p

Station 44 units in quarters.

post-39366-0-47795100-1426014391_thumb.p

MVA involving a semi. Rescue 44, Ladder 44, Medic 91-1, Squads 144 and 244 operating on scene.

post-39366-0-81480400-1426014413_thumb.p

Major MVA involving passenger train. Ladder 44, Rescue 44, Ladder 65, Engine 65, Medic 91-1, Medic 91-2, Squad 165, and Regional MCU (Out of picture) operating on scene. 

So, after many hours of work, I finally finished making all the map edits necessary to implement BMA's event script from the Copenhagen mod. It will allow me to add new callouts in a much easier way than the default engine. So, what do you guys want to see?

Also, would you guys like alpha/beta releases or would you like to wait until the finished product?

So, after many hours of work, I finally finished making all the map edits necessary to implement BMA's event script from the Copenhagen mod. It will allow me to add new callouts in a much easier way than the default engine. So, what do you guys want to see?

Also, would you guys like alpha/beta releases or would you like to wait until the finished product?

Awesome.

Great that you got the callout script working. Hopefully you can get them to complete themselves and give the player points upon completion. You're one of only 2 released mods (the other being CPH mod itself) that has this. We have something similar in store for everyone but its far from complete as of now.

I'd personally give alpha/beta stuff to only specific trusted people. This should weed out the bugs while keeping a low profile. I'd much prefer as a modder that you keep this under wraps and not bow to public pressure to release ASAP despite any bugs. It would be better for the community IMO if you'd finish this completely and then release it for everyone. This would also keep the quality level of the site's mods up.

What I'd like to see? Is the best you can do with your talent, skill and time. Don't be too worried with what people might suggest. You also need to be aware when taking suggestions that there might be some that sound nice, and seem easy in theory but are impossible to do in EM4. Pushing the limit would be nice but there is a point where an 8 year old game can take you and it isn't that far.

• Upvote 1